GNC Recommendations

I’m on a Navy ship right now and we’re about to get underway for a 6 month deployment. I can’t order anything from Biotest and have it delivered to the ship because of security concerns. All I can do is go to a local GNC and stock up. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for any muscle building products. Thanks!

Whey protein, creatine mono, protein/carb blend… Really with this thread??

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Whey protein, creatine mono, protein/carb blend… Really with this thread??[/quote]

They don’t teach you how to think for yourself in the Navy.

I think the OP was referring to particular brands that aren’t crap.

If that was the case, I don’t know of anything at GNC that fits that description.

Basically what Bonez said, + some fish oil. Can’t go wrong with Optimum Nutrition.

[quote]eggers wrote:
I think the OP was referring to particular brands that aren’t crap.

If that was the case, I don’t know of anything at GNC that fits that description.[/quote]

The Pro Performance 100% whey is made by Optimum Nutrition.

That’s a myth that’s not the case anymore Optimum Nutrition USED to make Pro Performance products the new line is produced by GNC itself though.

their “wheybolic 60” protein is pretty much just whey isolate and digestive enzymes. that might be your best bet from gnc as far as protein goes. GNC isn’t the antichrist… they just cater to a different crowd than does Biotest.

[quote]E99_Curt wrote:
their “wheybolic 60” protein is pretty much just whey isolate and digestive enzymes. that might be your best bet from gnc as far as protein goes. GNC isn’t the antichrist… they just cater to a different crowd than does Biotest.[/quote]

wheybolic has leucine too I think. It’s certainly more expensive but on a gram for gram basis it’s not that much more than regular pro performance. It tastes better too and mixes 1000x better.

Don’t get the “amplified” stuff. It’s just the same shit with creatine added.

Universal’s animal pak is also a good choice, stock up on that for your complete vitamins.

In general, universal produces good stuff. However, there are a few outliers like their NO2 product which is kinda sketchy…

Thanks for the replies. I do know what basic stuff to get. I was just wondering if anyone had a preference to specific name brands or specific products. There are so many to choose from.

Are they really concered about Biotest sneaking WMD onboard? Just jokin ya.

Optimum casein for when you can’t get enough food in or something. Optimum whey for after your workouts. Good luck bud and come back at least 10 lbs heavier.

Why exactly would Biotest shipping to the ship be a security concern? Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t they let you receive care packages on deployment? I have a hard time believing a box in the mail is a security issue. I have been on two overseas deployments, and had no problem either time.

on my 2 deployments in 2007 and 2008 I ordered the stuff from another site and got it shipped to the APO for the ship. Just give yourself 6 weeks to get it. from the warehouse it goes to the post office to the Fleet Post Office, then to the ship to or plane to transport it to where the ship is deployed. 7th fleet sucks, 5th fleet works better.

You only have so much room to keep that stuff anyway. I just brought 2 months worth, then ordered 2x at the 1 month and 3month points to get it at the 2 month and 4 month points. Then we got extended so I ordered one more time.
Or you can be a dick and buy a bunch of stuff and sell it for more that you paid because nobody has it and people all of a sudden realized they have 6 months and nothing to do but workout.

If there are products you know you really want and they weigh more, buy and bring them and put it away in the seabag locker so you won’t pay so much for shipping.
Unless you are at Kings Point stationed on a submarine, then you need to get it all now.

I went through jugs of protein all the time. Carbs are plentiful, I would get a good multivitamin since you don’t have lots of fresh fruit/vegs, fish oil, a fat loss/stimulant for long days and watches when you still have to stay awake, and a fiber supplement like benefiber powder or fiber choice tablets. NOexplode is crap you dont need it. concur with optimum nutrition protein. I liked the casein or blended ones better, I had a harder time gaining on just whey.

good luck on deployment!