I feel confident in talking about the staple supps like

protein
fats
creatine
n.o.
carbs
multi-v’s
bcaa’s

what else should i read up on before heading there? anyone work for one? what was you interview like? is it anything like a gym interview? did you work for one? how was it? will it turn me into a tool if i get hired?

thanks

tuned up!

I’d probably learn as much as possible about GNC house brands, like “Megaman” vitamins etc…

The people that work at the GNC’s around where I live are all Indian or middle easterners that are in the 50’s and they look like they have never taken single supplement in their entire life. Hopefully that helps calm you down about the interview.

thanks bros

pimpbot, i’ve been on their site since tuesday

westcoast, i noticed the people that work for the ones near me don’t look remotely athletic either. Now that I think about it I’m overqualified. I might show up late.

lol

i come from under the garden and get fully retarded!

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
thanks bros

westcoast, i noticed the people that work for the ones near me don’t look remotely athletic either. Now that I think about it I’m overqualified. I might show up late.

lol[/quote]

Most GNC’s won’t care about information you can give the customer that will help them, they will care about how much of the high profit items you can sell.

You’re fine, they’ll train you on that.

[quote]buffalokilla wrote:

thanks bros

lol[/quote]

Most GNC’s won’t care about information you can give the customer that will help them, they will care about how much of the high profit items you can sell.

You’re fine, they’ll train you on that.[/quote]

thanks killa

you should know how to work a cash register. that’s about it.

I used to work at one, and if you work out your more qualified than most people. Corporate stores are better, as they give better rewards like, if you sell a thing of no xplode then you’ll get 5 bucks commission and stuff like that. They had this jay cutler super pack for 200 bucks at a time and the sales guy would get 15 dollars for selling it.

However I worked at a franchise and it sucked. Lazy job though.

I remember being in one once and the clerk was recommending some brand to a customer and I happened to mention that I like another brand. The clerk did not seem happy lol

will it turn me into a tool if i get hired?
[/quote]

Naw dude, you’re already there!

Good luck with the interview!

alright, I’m gathering its a lot like working at a convince store. No matter what I know it doesn’t matter, they’ll tell me to sell their house brand.

Thanks everybody.

“I’m a boa constrictor holding you victimized with ice picks plotting to get them eyes!”- I <3 PMPM

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
I remember being in one once and the clerk was recommending some brand to a customer and I happened to mention that I like another brand. The clerk did not seem happy lol[/quote]

What is with people trying to fuck up other people’s sales. This makes no sense. If you want to correct a mother fucker why don’t you discuss it with him when he isn’t trying to make a living.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

I remember being in one once and the clerk was recommending some brand to a customer and I happened to mention that I like another brand. The clerk did not seem happy lol[/quote]

What is with people trying to fuck up other people’s sales. This makes no sense. If you want to correct a mother fucker why don’t you discuss it with him when he isn’t trying to make a living.[/quote]

I wasn’t aware at the time that the clerk got a commission for recommending a certain brand. get off your high horse

seems pretty dumb anyways to give them a commission for recommending a certain brand, no bias there is there

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

What is with people trying to fuck up other people’s sales. This makes no sense. If you want to correct a mother fucker why don’t you discuss it with him when he isn’t trying to make a living.[/quote]

I would accept what he did before I would a GNC clerk trying to bullshit a customer into buying over-priced crap. They don’t care about people…just a profit. Just saying.

Besides if all he did was mention that he liked something better,I don’t see the big issue.

this may turn out bad for me because I would rather see people save and gain benefit from their purchase…wtf!

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:

[/quote]

Good luck with the interview![/quote]

Haha! This reminds me of that commercial from a few years ago where this guy is at an interview at a company called Dumas and Dumas. The interviewee keeps saying stuff like:

“I really want this job, Mr. Dumbass. I know I could contribute a lot here at Dumbass and Dumbass. I am real dumbass material!”

The interviewer just glares at him and says, "It’s pronounced: “Do-MAHSS!”

Don’t even remember what the commercial was for, but it was funny!

[quote]BobParr wrote:

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:

[/quote]

Good luck with the interview![/quote]

Haha! This reminds me of that commercial from a few years ago where this guy is at an interview at a company called Dumas and Dumas. The interviewee keeps saying stuff like:

“I really want this job, Mr. Dumbass. I know I could contribute a lot here at Dumbass and Dumbass. I am real dumbass material!”

The interviewer just glares at him and says, "It’s pronounced: “Do-MAHSS!”

Don’t even remember what the commercial was for, but it was funny![/quote]

GOt a link sounds funny

How to lie.

You’re going to be peddling overpriced stuff at best.

There’s a lot of other stuff in those stores that is just plain garbage, too.