T Nation

Glycocyamine GONE

For those of you who don’t receive Dave Barr’s newsletter, (and uh, CARE) it has been announced that Cytosport has decided to remove glycocyamine from Muscle Milk.

I thought this was profound, and wanted to give a shout out to Dave for taking a stand and having an impact.

Freakin sweet!

For those who have no idea what I’m talking about, check out these links:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1231523

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459369

Are we sure Dave actually had anything to do with this or did they just wise up on their own? I don’t get his newsletter so it could be he did have an effect.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Are we sure Dave actually had anything to do with this or did they just wise up on their own? I don’t get his newsletter so it could be he did have an effect.[/quote]

According to his newsletter, the company received tremendous amounts of feedback from customers, due to Dave getting the message out no doubt.

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
Are we sure Dave actually had anything to do with this or did they just wise up on their own? I don’t get his newsletter so it could be he did have an effect.

According to his newsletter, the company received tremendous amounts of feedback from customers, due to Dave getting the message out no doubt.

[/quote]

There were a great number of people working to get glycocyamine out of MM. When I was on holidays to SK to watch the Canadian Ameatur BB championships in Sept the Marketing Director of GNC Canada was there. He and his coworker were debating about glycocyamine (his coworker was against it, the big cheese knew nothing of it) so I felt free to hop in.

Point being, the little people that were pressuring big chains that sell this stuff also have an impact. Now, if we could only collectively get rid of all the other b.s. ingredients/products!

It’s a good step for Cytosport but the formula is still basically crap. The only thing MM has going for it is taste which is so very good.
IMO AST’s Muscle XGF is a much better product. As is Biotest’s Metabolic Drive Complete.