Glutes Not Firing

My glutes don’t fire during my lifts. This causes my low back to round and my hip flexors to take up too much work.
Is there any suggestions as far as glute activation type work or something to get them to fire?

Look for Cressey’s Get your Butt in Gear article(s) on this site

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
My glutes don’t fire during my lifts. This causes my low back to round and my hip flexors to take up too much work.
Is there any suggestions as far as glute activation type work or something to get them to fire?[/quote]

Perform single and double leg glute bridges on the ground.

You can also perform those bridges with iso-holds at the top.

If you have access to a glute- ham raise machine, I would use that too. Or you can do reverse hypers.

I would also do High Box Step-Ups. Bio mechanically your ass has to fire because your butt is below your knee

Make sure your hip flexor get stretched well before, during and after your lower body workouts.

Get a mini-band, wrap around both knees, walk while trying to keep your legs straight, not letting your knees move inward. You’ll know when you’re doing it right.

Any chance your hammies are tight, which is causing your lower back to round?

[quote]Krollmonster wrote:
Any chance your hammies are tight, which is causing your lower back to round?[/quote]

That would be where I’d look too.

[quote]Matt McGorry wrote:
Krollmonster wrote:
Any chance your hammies are tight, which is causing your lower back to round?

That would be where I’d look too.[/quote]

I bet it’s both. Tight and weak glutes and hammies.

Well as I’ve recently realized, my hips are in an anterior tilt which is causing all my issues. I guess i should just treat that and allow things to fix through that seeing as how the only way to fix the tilt is by fixing those things!

straight leg deads