Gluten-Free Foods for CBL

So about 2 weeks ago I started getting some pretty nasty side effects from eating gluten. dropped all dairy and other foods that might cause the issue but only got the super bloat when I ate wheat.

Anyway, I’m trying to get some cheap ideas for gluten free carbs to eat. Sticking with the basic stuff, like potatoes, corn and desert type foods, but I’m getting pretty bored w stuff.

Do you guys have any personal favorites for gluten free foods?

Also, the big question w rice. I fucking hate white rice. I can eat brown rice all day though, What are your favorite types of rice and how do you like making them? Also, rice noodles, any good ones w that? I cook fairly well, but japanese and chinese styles are not something I do too often and don’t even know where to start (yes I know rice meals are not just asian… lol)

Thanks guys

Quinoa

Soba noodles

Certified Gluten-free oats

Buckwheat bread

Millet

Teff

Black rice and Amaranth grains too

Rice noodles are great, but you have to make sure you don’t over cook.

Sweet potatoes. Rice and potato based GF breads are good too.

Buckwheat flakes are great, I usually alternate between those and oats. And buckwheat flower is awesome for pancakes, especially savory ones. For example cheese and spinach pancakes.

You can also get most common pasta types made with 100% rice flour.

These are absolutely amazing

Learn how to make fries out of potatoes.

I use this method when I have the patience

Question for you: If your symptoms began two weeks ago, what convinces you that it is gluten? Is that when you began consuming it? Did you have any other symptoms?

About 2.5 months ago, I had a baby that has reactions to gluten and dairy so I’ve had to eliminate them both from my diet and, I’ll be completely honest, it is really hard! However, when you see a true allergic reaction or intolerance to wheat, it’s enough to warrant the diet overhaul. I have done it and, truthfully, I feel 100% better myself not eating it. Not to mention the little one isn’t in agony any longer.

One of my favorite recipes (and very easy to make!) is this quinoa salad: http://www.cookingquinoa.net/spicy-quinoa-salad There are many others on that site also. (Hope I’m allowed to post that link :S)

I’ll try to think of some more to post soon.

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:
Question for you: If your symptoms began two weeks ago, what convinces you that it is gluten? Is that when you began consuming it? Did you have any other symptoms?

About 2.5 months ago, I had a baby that has reactions to gluten and dairy so I’ve had to eliminate them both from my diet and, I’ll be completely honest, it is really hard! However, when you see a true allergic reaction or intolerance to wheat, it’s enough to warrant the diet overhaul. I have done it and, truthfully, I feel 100% better myself not eating it. Not to mention the little one isn’t in agony any longer.

One of my favorite recipes (and very easy to make!) is this quinoa salad: http://www.cookingquinoa.net/spicy-quinoa-salad There are many others on that site also. (Hope I’m allowed to post that link :S)

I’ll try to think of some more to post soon.
[/quote]

I gave myself a few hell days testing my theory… low carb tortilla (the ones w high gluten protein content), general wheat stuff (i think graham crackers for a deconstructed cheesecake) and gave up testing after 1 week wheat free followed by 1 dinner meal of battered fish that barely had any flour added, I used one of the red bob mills gluten-free flours and 1-2T wheat flour and still got the bubble guts.

I will wait it out and retest later on, but I am no longer bloated or have GI distress. It’s just so odd, bc I’ve had bulks in the past where I ate a whole monster loaf of bread that totaled like 6c of flour. Oh well, could be worse. Thanks for the posts guys, I’ll keep looking for recipes and stuff, but feel free to post back here!

soba is awesome but be careful as most of them are 50% or more wheat
I like making drunken noodles with thick rice noodles

adding lentils or vegetables is an easy way to add some goodness and different texture to rice. As far as recipes just google them lol, there are millions of good ones out there

I’m dairy and gluten free and use Carb Cycling.
Carbs I use:
Rice / Potato based bread. Particularly Chia Seed, as it has more carbs per slice.
Rice noodles
Rice pasta (rice based noodles and pasta are awesome as they do not bloat and you can eat truckloads of them)
Potatos
Sweet Potatos
Wholegrain oats
Rice (just to be different haha)
Bananas
Lots of heavy vegetables

My personal opinion is many people would benefit from being gluten/dairy free, even if they are not strongly intolerant.

Well everyone’s named all of the healthy “money” foods, so I’ll list some of the “dirtier” gluten free foods I use around workouts sometimes and/or cheats/re-feeds:

Chex Cereal
Rice Cakes (Trader Joe’s brand is the best imo)
Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix (this stuff tastes LEGIT)
Annie’s Gluten Free Microwavable Mac & Cheese

Lastly, I get this gluten free loaf of bread from Cub Foods that is somehow…someway…soft as fluff. Nearly unheard of for gluten free bread (at least in my experience). Brilliant. I forgot the name though, so I’ll have to check tomorrow and report back.

Thanks guys. Ya, I know there are a ton of recipes, but that’s the issue, I typed in rice noodles and there are 5 million fucking recipes, I may just stick with pancit until I find something that sparks my interest lol