T Nation

Gluten Allergy

I’ve been wondering if I might be allergic to gluten. I read on line that your skin breaks out, and I don’t get that, but I find after eating a lot of carbs I get really tired. My energy level is way better on low carb. Things like oatmeal actually seem to be the worst, and a while ago a gained quite a bit of fat while eating 2 or 3 cups of oatmeal a day. That’s why I’m thinking it might be gluten and not carbs in general. I feel fine after my workout shake.

I think for the next month I am going to try not eating gluten, and getting a lot of my carbs from vegetable sources (yams, potatos).

Well sure try it or get tested.

You do need to remember though 2-3 cups of oats is 600-900 k/cals that in it self in a day adds up That could be the reason for fat gain your total intake was higher.

Naw the thing was, I was cooking real meals the month before and got almost no fat gains. Then I got lazy (didn’t like cooking 12 hours a week), and started to eat oatmeal instead. Calorie intake and macro ratios were the same. I’ll post back in this thread in a month. I have a feeling my results are going to be pretty good.

Ok I have been eating a pretty low amount of gluten for a week now. Been eating a lot of quinoa and yams for my carbs. I feel awesome!!! Not only am I not tired, I feel like my test levels are through the roof. Even my sleeping has changed. I find I can go to bed earlier and wake up earlier now.

Maybe you should post a picture of yourself and we can find any postural problems as well as food allergens and potential signs for deadly diseases.

[quote]itsthetimman wrote:
Maybe you should post a picture of yourself and we can find any postural problems as well as food allergens and potential signs for deadly diseases.[/quote]

Don’t forget muscular imbalances!

[quote]AgentOrange wrote:
itsthetimman wrote:
Maybe you should post a picture of yourself and we can find any postural problems as well as food allergens and potential signs for deadly diseases.

Don’t forget muscular imbalances![/quote]

Sorry, forgot, also use a shoe so we can tell BF