T Nation

Glute Problems

For the past month my glutes have been hurting whenever I sprint. I took a week off and then tried again only to have the same problem occur. I keep taking multiple days off, only to have it happen all over again. It never hurts when I warm up or jog, only when I begin to go full speed. I play D3 football and report to camp in 3 days and am worried about this problem. Any suggestions or ideas on how to help it heal while I’m in camp would be greatly appreciated.

Find someone who does A.R.T. in your area and see them as much as possible. Stretching, foam roller, mobility drills, etc. may help as well.

Good luck in Camp,

Please give us more info and details so we can give suggestions. Question number one…Do you stretch your psoas, hip flexors? In fact, do you stretch? Do you know how to stretch your glutes?
What kind of pain? Sore after sprinting? Sharp pain, dull ache? Deep in the glutes? Towards the outer hip? Be more specific? Kudos to you for getting yourself in shape for football. Good luck.

[quote]jms wrote:
Please give us more info and details so we can give suggestions. Question number one…Do you stretch your psoas, hip flexors? In fact, do you stretch? Do you know how to stretch your glutes?
What kind of pain? Sore after sprinting? Sharp pain, dull ache? Deep in the glutes? Towards the outer hip? Be more specific? Kudos to you for getting yourself in shape for football. Good luck.[/quote]

I’m thinking along the same line here. Learn how to stretch your glutes. Makes all the difference in the world.