Glute/Back Pain... Help!

First-time posting. I’ve been having lots of glute and back pain, probably caused by the right leg shortening bc of tightness via overuse (I play soccer). I also believe that the years of heavy leg work and not stretching has been a major contributor; also have a bit of lordosis.

Currently it’s gotten to the point of becoming a limp and there have been a few sharp pains when twisting the torso. I’m afraid that because a therapist said I have anterior tilt that the next problem will be the development of sciatica.

I’m laying of cage squatting, though I don’t even go over 185 anymore (my best was 455x8) and rely on dumbell squats instead in order to go deeper. Thinking that more ham and butt work is in order. Currently am 5’8 and 212, so I’m thinking that losing about 15 lbs would help.

This is almost embarrasing to admit but after all these years of training and being the ‘go-to’ guy to all around me, I have to admit that I need help with this possibl debilitating injury. Though I’m in the medical field, I am reaching out to my iron bros and sisters for any advice. Thanks for any assistance you guys can give!

[quote]surgboy wrote:
First-time posting. I’ve been having lots of glute and back pain, probably caused by the right leg shortening bc of tightness via overuse (I play soccer). I also believe that the years of heavy leg work and not stretching has been a major contributor; also have a bit of lordosis.

Currently it’s gotten to the point of becoming a limp and there have been a few sharp pains when twisting the torso. I’m afraid that because a therapist said I have anterior tilt that the next problem will be the development of sciatica.

I’m laying of cage squatting, though I don’t even go over 185 anymore (my best was 455x8) and rely on dumbell squats instead in order to go deeper. Thinking that more ham and butt work is in order. Currently am 5’8 and 212, so I’m thinking that losing about 15 lbs would help.

This is almost embarrasing to admit but after all these years of training and being the ‘go-to’ guy to all around me, I have to admit that I need help with this possibl debilitating injury. Though I’m in the medical field, I am reaching out to my iron bros and sisters for any advice. Thanks for any assistance you guys can give![/quote]

Don’t be too alarmed of an anterior pelvic tilt, that can be corrected. Stretch your rectus femoris, and iliopsoas, strengthen your abdominals, strengthen your abdominals (without much emphasis on your hip flexors), and be mindful of your posture

I am not sure how the anterior tilt can lead to sciatica. Lower back pain sure, but compression of the sciatic nerve from an anterior pelvic tilt?

Got it, thanks. Also found a recent Robertson article which helped immensely. I was thinking that with the slight numbness that went to the top of my foot something is starting to give in the nerve department.Hope I’m wrong here.
Again, thanks for taking the time to help me out…