Glutamine?

can you give me some advice on glutamine?

im thinking trying it out…since im alergic to many protein supplements. (allergies to eggs and nuts) and ive been on creatine for awhile and i want to try something new.

or should i just stick to creatine? someone help me out please

supplements will not be your saving grace dude, you need to bust your ass in the gym, and eat. That’s it.

check out the latest article by Thibs entitled nutrition for newbies… i beleive he says he only uses glutamine in clients on carb restricted diets who are trying to lose weight… check it out

[quote]HotCarl28 wrote:
check out the latest article by Thibs entitled nutrition for newbies… i beleive he says he only uses glutamine in clients on carb restricted diets who are trying to lose weight… check it out[/quote]

aiight thanks
what supplements would you recommend then? cause it really sucks that most protein supps have eggs and nutts in them

ive heard of glutamine helping with minimizing DOMS but thats about it.

keep in mind protein shakes are just a supplement, as in theyre replacing something else. you can still get protein from other things. i think goat products have a lot of whey in them so maybe after you workoutsw have some steak and a glass or two of goat-milk.

you could also try taking BCAA’s, fish oil, depending on your age maybe a T-booster.

but really food is the foundation of everything. you wont see any 220+ lb guys w/ shitty diets mega-dosing supplements

(im talking 220lb 10%BF or less guys, since i know a lot of you like to play stupid fucking semantics)

[quote]bedruz wrote:

aiight thanks
what supplements would you recommend then? cause it really sucks that most protein supps have eggs and nutts in them [/quote]

1. Protein powder, shop around for products that are not a blend with egg proteins or manufactured in a facility where nut products are made because nothing sucks more than taking something you have an allergy to.

2. Creatine

Those are dirt cheap and what I consider the basics and something most can afford along with a good diet(key). If you’ve got money to burn then look into BCAAs and or PWO carb sources like Waxy Maize, perhaps fish oils. Having said that, I’d take whatever money you plan on spending on glutamine and buy some red meat or gallons of milk. Food makes you grow, supplements are the tiniest part of the equation.

I agree. Believe me, I’ve wasted a pretty penny on some BS supplements. I’ve found that the basics work for me.

Protein Powder - I LOVE Metabolic Drive, probably the best tasting blend protein out there, I don’t like ones that are only one type of protein. I’ll usually throw in a raw egg or two to get a 3rd type of protein in my shake.

Creatine - Works great for me. The stuff Biotest sells mixes well, and is a great price.

Fish Oil/ Joint Support - After my surgery I can DEFINITELY feel these work. If I miss a week I can definitely feel it.

Multi-Vitamin - Just good to have.

i don’t even use protein, i just eat, that’s it. it is “whey” more delicious, HAHAHA!

[quote]bedruz wrote:
can you give me some advice on glutamine?

im thinking trying it out…since im alergic to many protein supplements. (allergies to eggs and nuts) and ive been on creatine for awhile and i want to try something new.

or should i just stick to creatine? someone help me out please[/quote]

Creatine and Glutamine are 2 different supplements and they do different things. First and foremost you need to have your diet in order. If you eat enough red meat you’ll have all the creatine you need. Watch your water intake on creatine also you won’t want dehydration issues.

Glutamine is great for muscle recovery and to help boost the immune system. Use the search option on the website and you’ll find a lot of info on both supplements, then try a few ideas out and see what works best for you.

Also remember everyone’s body is different than the next person and we all react differently to different things. What works for one person won’t necessarily generate the same results for the next person.

Good Luck!

[quote]T-FireMan wrote:If you eat enough red meat you’ll have all the creatine you need.
[/quote]

Just have to point out that this is fairly incorrect. Sure, you’ll have enough creatine to function from just eating meat, but the vast majority of trainees will see a significant benefit from supplementing with an additional 5 g/day.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
T-FireMan wrote:If you eat enough red meat you’ll have all the creatine you need.

Just have to point out that this is fairly incorrect. Sure, you’ll have enough creatine to function from just eating meat, but the vast majority of trainees will see a significant benefit from supplementing with an additional 5 g/day.[/quote]

Most anyone can benefit from most anything and I never stated not to use creatine or that he wouldn’t see results on it. As I stated different things work for different people.

I’ve seen people just bloat on creatine and only gain a couple of pounds and I’ve seen people gain 10 lbs of lean muscle in a month from using creatine and have great strength gains. Hence why I suggested he use the search option and find out what works for him.