Glutamine

How much, when, and how often should I take this suppliment? And should I take it on my days off? Also if my protien has it should I take additional glutamine by itself?

What are you trying to achieve by taking Glutamine by itself? If you are looking to prevent muscle breakdown during your workouts, why not just take Surge? Glutamine really doesn’t have any noteworthy effects taken by itself.

You should read Barr’s article about glutamine: Testosterone Nation | 230glut

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=461188

Iv’e trained with Glutamine and I have trained without it. I will darned if I could see a difference either way!

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Iv’e trained with Glutamine and I have trained without it. I will darned if I could see a difference either way![/quote]

Don’t waste your money on Glutamine. It’s helpful but only in very select circumstances.

G

Glutamine is pretty much a waste of money except for two situations:

During severe carbs-reduced diets (glutamine is a neoglucogenic amino acid that can be used to make the glucose needed to feed the brain and allow you to maintain your training intensity) and for bodybuilders coming off a steroid cycle. These bodybuilders are pretty much suffering from a muscle wasting condition (albeit an artificially induced one) and glutamine could be usefull in that case. But we’re talking about doses of 10-15g taken 3-4 times per day. Hardly cost effective.

Amen to that ZEB.

If it’s in my protein powders, that’s cool. If not, no big deal. Just as long as I get all the protein I need each day (from various sources) is all I care about.