Glutamine

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

for the record… i know glutamine is an amino acid (ie protein). i just wasnt sure if the ‘L’ form actually did have different properties.[/quote]

“For the record,” amino acids are the building blocks of protein. A single amino acid itself is not technically a protein, however.

Think of it this way, a brick doesn’t make a house, but many can be used to construct a house.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

for the record… i know glutamine is an amino acid (ie protein). i just wasnt sure if the ‘L’ form actually did have different properties.[/quote]

“For the record,” amino acids are the building blocks of protein. A single amino acid itself is not technically a protein, however.

Think of it this way, a brick doesn’t make a house, but many can be used to construct a house.[/quote]

NINJA BRICK!

[quote]HK24719 wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

No, you are incorrect. I am talking about L-glutamine.
[/quote]

L-glutamine is glutamine.

I’ve never seen anyone claim that the “L” form has any magical properties. [/quote]

perhaps not, but it does remain sinister

Glutamine gives me the hot poops. I avoid it like the hot poops.

-Sab

[quote]Sabastian525 wrote:

-Sab[/quote]

I don’t think it can be the glutamine. Glutamine is great for the GI tract and digestion in general. It’s probably the hot poops that you eat that give you hot poops.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

-Sab[/quote]

I don’t think it can be the glutamine. Glutamine is great for the GI tract and digestion in general. It’s probably the hot poops that you eat that give you hot poops.[/quote]

Hmm you may have a point there. Any chance my digestion is so messed up that I need to let a month of glutamine “run its course” so to speak? I admit I don’t know much about the GI tract.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

-Sab[/quote]

I don’t think it can be the glutamine. Glutamine is great for the GI tract and digestion in general. It’s probably the hot poops that you eat that give you hot poops.[/quote]

Hmm you may have a point there. Any chance my digestion is so messed up that I need to let a month of glutamine “run its course” so to speak? I admit I don’t know much about the GI tract.[/quote]

That could be a possibility. One of the previous posts in this thread highlights a “cleansing” protocol designed to get your gut back to optimal health. I suggest checking that out, as maintaining a healthy GI tract is pivotal in the function of your entire body.

I recently thought about buying glutamine, as my buddies like it a lot (they use 5 gr upon waking, 10 during training, 5 pwo and another 5 before bed) with bcaa’s. Though, they’re much more advanced, than I’m. So I thought perhaps it has some right on their level of development, but I don’t really need it.

Actually, it’s a pretty popular aa here, most of the competitors consume as much as 120 grams per day during contest preparation. It’s available in pure free amino acid form and also in peptides, other formulas with absorption boosters-additional enzymes.

The manufacturer claims that it can raise GH levels significantly, and also very healthy to the gastrointestinal system, and can enhance recovery, reduce soreness, fill up the muscle glycogen stores. I don’t know whether it’s true or not, as I have never used it myself. Though, as I said, the other guys like it a lot, and almost everyone uses it (at least those who are advanced and has the budget to afford it :slight_smile: )

My apologies for this response, but I felt I need to write a little about glut, as it’s a best-seller product in my homeland.