Glutamine While Dieting

Hi, I’ll make this short, I am now dieting and using BCAA. Now I got BCAA +glutamine mixed evenly. I take 4 times 5gr BCAA per day so that make 20gr glutamine with it (4*5) (lol). Will glutamine affect my diet? I am doing the get shredded diet by John Berardi.

thank you for yer answers

It won’t hinder your progress.

thank you

glutamine is actually one of the most highly recommended supplements that should be taken during a cutting phase. greatly helps with recovery.

Ok one more time:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_supplements/glutamine_destroying_the_dogma_part_2

from the article:
Bottom Line

Glutamine is good for hospital patients and rich people with money to waste. If you?re involved in resistance training and already have proper post workout nutrition, along with a moderate carb intake, then glutamine probably won?t do anything for you. In fact, none of the proposed theories dealing with glutamine supplementation have worked out in the athletic world. It?s also one of the most expensive supplements around (simply based on dosage recommendations), so it?s way too costly to use for personal experimentation ? especially when the updated scientific literature doesn?t support the theories.

from the article:
Myth: Glutamine is a great supplement for weight lifters.
Mythbuster: Tim Ziegenfuss

First, let me point out that I don’t expect my take on glutamine to resonate with those who’re convinced it’s a worthwhile supplement.

I’ll concede that glutamine is the most abundant free amino acid in the body, and has important roles in muscle tissue (as a nitrogen shuttle), the brain (as a component of cerebrospinal fluid), and the intestinal mucosa/immune cells (as an energy substrate). It’s also cheap and pretty much tasteless, and supplement companies have worked hard to convince consumers that glutamine has anti-catabolic properties in humans.

But when you get right down to it, the most important role of glutamine for athletes is gut health. If you’re an athlete competing in endurance-based sports, glutamine may help prevent upper-respiratory infections. If you simply slam the iron, a few grams of glutamine isn’t going to do squat.

Put simply, I don’t know of a single study in humans that shows glutamine has anabolic or anti-catabolic properties that increase training adaptations during resistance exercise. That includes a terrific study from Canada in which subjects were given 45 grams of glutamine per day during a six-week training program. Compared to the placebo group, subjects consuming glutamine had no greater increases in strength (measured via squat, bench press, and knee-extension torque), body composition (lean mass determined via DEXA), or muscle-protein breakdown (determined via urinary 3-methylhistidine excretion).

So ultimately, my take on glutamine and weight training is this: If you’re into micromanaging things, glutamine probably won’t hurt your efforts in the gym. But it almost certainly won’t help.

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
I am doing the get shredded diet by John Berardi.

[/quote]

I believe Berardi does not recommend glutamine. (correct me if I’m wrong)