Glutamine & Insomnia

Has anyone ever noticed Glutamine causing insomnia? More generally has anyone had thier normal supps I.e. the common vitamins, minerals, AAs, cause insomnia? I am tyring to track down the culprit for my very uncharacteristic insomnia. Thanks for any advice.

The BCAA’s I use contain l-glutamine as well, and its always in my pre-bed shake… Never had a problem. What multivitamin are you currently taking?

[quote]T Affliction G wrote:
The BCAA’s I use contain l-glutamine as well, and its always in my pre-bed shake… Never had a problem. What multivitamin are you currently taking?[/quote]

I am taking Formula 100 from Puritans pride, along with about a dozen other things; C,E,pyncnogenol, lutein, acidophilus, ornithine-lysine-???, biotin, niacin, lecithin and some others i don’t recall.

I was taking about 9 grams of Glutamine in the eves, I suspect you may be doing around 1-1.5g in those shakes.

I have never had a problem eith glutamine before, and it may not be the culprit. But one of the things I changed recently was taking big dosages in the evening whereas before i always finished with Glutamine in the afternoon.

That’s quite a mixed bag you’ve got there…

Melatonin, GABA, tryptophan, and valerian root are supps that may help, but that’s alleviating the symptoms, not the problem. Still, there should be no mechanism in Glutamine by which it would keep you awake.

What time are you taking the niacin and at what dose? I’m thinking the niacin might be the culprit.