Glucose = Sugar = Bad

Where in my post did i say they were the exact same? When have I ever said they were metaboilsed (sic) the same? Clearly they are different, but once again, calorie for calorie, one won’t make you any fatter than another. Sorry, but studies where they feed rats a diet of 70% or more pure fructose doesn’t prove a damn thing in humans.

223+ posts, and every single one of them utterly retarded. Honestly toocul4u, that has GOT to be some kind of record.

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:

all carbohydrates, both simple & complex, are broken down to glucose & fructose and are processed the same way. [/quote]

page 2

middle of page 1

/thread

[quote]toocul4u wrote:
JMoUCF87 wrote:

all carbohydrates, both simple & complex, are broken down to glucose & fructose and are processed the same way.

[/quote]

Yeah… I read that as “All complex carbohydrates are … processed the same way” ie. There’s nothing magical about complex carbs as compared to eating glucose powder off a spoon, and there’ll be a zero/negligible difference in body comp because of it.

Edit: for clarity.

[quote]toocul4u wrote:
JMoUCF87 wrote:

all carbohydrates, both simple & complex, are broken down to glucose & fructose and are processed the same way.

[/quote]

What I meant was glucose from oatmeal is the same as glucose from white bread. fructose from an apple is the same as fructose from HFCS. The body can’t tell the difference.

I can see how the way I wrote it could’ve been misinterpreted though

[quote]danchubb wrote:
toocul4u wrote:
JMoUCF87 wrote:

Yeah… I read that as “All complex carbohydrates are … processed the same way” ie. There’s nothing magical about complex carbs as compared to eating glucose powder off a spoon, and there’ll be a zero/negligible difference in body comp because of it.

Edit: for clarity.[/quote]

I see, if that was the case, my bad for sure then. guess my point was the differences of glucose and fructose metabolism can have different effects on body comp. i think the different hormonal fluctuations each cause are significant enough.

I stand corrected.

OP, you’ve received some very good responses in this thread.