Glucose Drink after Training?

No I’m not, I’m looking for scientific research if there’s any evidence that having a glucose drink with protein helps recovery.

I’ve used glucose drinks for maintaining high energy output over extended periods, like 6-10 hours, and know some folks who have used them for triathlons and other endurance events.

Is that what you’re doing?

1 Like

Evidence shows that carbs and protein in your muscles during and after your workouts helps with recovery.

You can get them in there post (or even during the) workout with quick digesting carbs/protein. I think Dextrose is considered cooler than Glucose for this though.

Or you can get them in there pre workout by eating a meal a few hours before a workout.

What’s a triathlon runner using simple carbs for? I thought they need slow releasing carbs to help them last?

They use combinations of simple and more complex carbs to have and maintain energy levels over long periods.

What would a 240 lb. weight lifter want them for?

Under certain idealized situations, yeah it’s possible. But at your current size, focusing strictly on fat loss will yield more overall benefits. Trying to recomp when you’re admittedly “severely overweight” is a recipe for little-if-any actual progress.

Uh, that’s not really a thing. The specific exercises in that program can be adjusted within reason, but there’s nothing overly complicated there. There’s no reason to stick with only “powerlifting compound movements”, whatever those are.

If you’re not currently doing any cardio, that would be a bare minimum first step. I’d still suggest changing your weight training program. What’s the “sports course” you mentioned before?

If you ever want to move big weights in the future, what you want to do now is lose fat, not just weight.

How long did this change take?

Good, but if we can see what you’re doing, we can offer even better advice and catch obstacles before they come up.

To help utilise protein better to help with recovery and strength.

So, are you looking for scientific evidence or permission?

Because by your stated premise you already know how it would aid recovery.

This is why I’m looking at it going “Oh. He wants some candy for doing a good job.”.

It’s sports level 1 sport and active leisure. It took about a year to get up to 112kg then I lost weight so now I’m 106.5kg atm.

No, I just would like conformation if my findings is correct?

You haven’t presented any findings.

How does one utilize protein “better”?

It does a fine job doing what it’s doing.

Obviously, this information is what I’ve found searching online. Lol.

From what I’ve seen it provides the muscles with energy to utilise protein better for protein synthesis.

You haven’t presented a single iota of information.

You’ve asked for permission and confirmation.

This is information:

You have done no such thing.

I have, I just thought posting links in forums is not allowed. It refules the muscles lack of glycogen which aids in better recovery.

What are all the ingredients in the product that is called “GLUCOSE”?

This is what I found earlier today.

But you started this thread yesterday.

Look, if you want some candy for lifting weights no one is going to stop you.

But your results are your own.

I’m in the UK so no, it was today in my time zone that I posted it. No I don’t want candy for my training. I just needed other lifters views on the matter.