Glucono-Delta-Lactone

Could someone please explain to me what this is, and how exactly it works? I know that it is a compound that increases nitrogen retention, but I would like to know more details. It is a featured ingredient in my Grow protein, and is also a listed ingredient in my Atkins bake mix.

“Increases nitrogen retention”? Where’d you get that?
It’s involved in cheese making as an acidifier, produced when glucose is fermented. It’s just part of the manufactuing process, not an additive.

Cheers

Hey david barr,

If you read some of the posts about Grow, you will see that the Mods of the Nation have included a comment about this ingredient.

They state that it increases nitrogen retention.

I believe it’s under the Try It-Review It-Keep It section.

[quote]David Barr wrote:
“Increases nitrogen retention”? Where’d you get that?
[/quote]

I heard that too, I think it was from the article Lean Eating when it was talking about yogurt.

lol you’re right! It’s the third sentence in the Low-Carb Grow! T-Jack.

From my newfound reading, I gathered that the theory behind GDL, is that it will help facilitate protein digestion to enhance amino acid uptake and nitrogen retention. That’s my take on it anyway.

Thanks for the heads up guys!

Cheers

Guys, we put GDL in Grow! because the healthy bacteria in your gut thrive on it. In fact, the bacteria like it better than they like fructooligosaccharides, which are normally their favorite food.

GDL has been used in Japan for several years as a health-promiting supplement.

While the increased numbers of bacteria will help your gut retain nitrogen, they also faciliate digestion and a healthy gut in general.

Drinking Kefir would be even better! yummy yummy…