T Nation

Gluatmine, Peptides, Precursors?

I am experimenting with taking glutamine post workout and wanted to get some opinions/knowledge on the difference between taking just glutamine, a gluatmine peptide or a precursor. The only thing I know about peptides is that its gluatmine bonded to another amino acid to increase absorption.

I have no idea what a gluatmine precursor is, I have seen it written on my protein shakes but not explanation of what it really is.

any thoughts?

WASTE OF MONEY

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
WASTE OF MONEY[/quote]

care to be more specific?

[quote]dreadlocks1221 wrote:

WASTE OF MONEY[/quote]

care to be more specific?[/quote]

Yep

http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/efsajournal/pub/2225.htm

It doesn’t do anything with regards to performance or muscle building. However it has anecdotal benefits for curing colds and improving gut health.

[quote]roon12 wrote:

WASTE OF MONEY[/quote]

However it has anecdotal benefits for curing colds and improving gut health.[/quote]
There are better ways to improve gut health IMO.

[quote]roon12 wrote:

WASTE OF MONEY[/quote]

However it has anecdotal benefits for curing colds and improving gut health.[/quote]
There are better ways to improve gut health IMO.[/quote]
Possibly. But it cant hurt to use it as part of an overall supplement regime if gut health is a specific goal.

And when I get a bad cold I have been able to kill it extra quick with Glutamine. I only buy it when really sick though. Definately helps me. So in theory it would be useful to someone who is training extra hard for an event and wants to make sure he doesnt get sick.

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:

[quote]roon12 wrote:

WASTE OF MONEY[/quote]

There are better ways to improve gut health IMO.[/quote]
Possibly. But it cant hurt to use it as part of an overall supplement regime if gut health is a specific goal.

And when I get a bad cold I have been able to kill it extra quick with Glutamine. I only buy it when really sick though. Definately helps me. So in theory it would be useful to someone who is training extra hard for an event and wants to make sure he doesnt get sick.[/quote]

Any studies to back your claims? Sounds like more bro science meh.

I’ll be happy to eat my words if you can provide some credible studies.