Gloves n Shorts

Just grabbed some new gloves

finally wore out my old ringside imf tech training gloves. they where great and for some reason i liked them more than any other glove i put on during their lifespan. (used on and off for 5 years). finally the foam had broken appart and the seams were all split so i went to check out some new gloves.

ended up grabbin these and damn do i love them already. the weight distribution is awesome they feel so much lighter and faster than any other glove ive tried

any one else on the cleto reyes train?

maybe a mitts and shorts thread? whats every one wearing?

I’m a big fan of Hayabusa, breaking in a pair of Kanpeki Elite gloves. I love the old school natural leather look, and hayabusas in general have always felt good to me. Shorts, meh. I’ve got several pair, different brands, none great or terrible.

What size are the Reyes gloves? 16 oz? They don’t look very heavy.

I tend to go with Title Gels. I don’t have the cash for real expensive ones and Title has always, always treated me well. These gloves I got are finally falling apart - duct tape is keeping the left one together - but it’s been three-and-a-half years of intense workouts with them. Seriously, they’re great.

[quote]devildog_jim wrote:
I’m a big fan of Hayabusa, breaking in a pair of Kanpeki Elite gloves. I love the old school natural leather look, and hayabusas in general have always felt good to me. Shorts, meh. I’ve got several pair, different brands, none great or terrible.[/quote]

i looked at those kanpeki elites. they are a beautiful lookin pair of gloves and i really like the dual wrist lock.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

I tend to go with Title Gels. I don’t have the cash for real expensive ones and Title has always, always treated me well. These gloves I got are finally falling apart - duct tape is keeping the left one together - but it’s been three-and-a-half years of intense workouts with them. Seriously, they’re great.

[/quote]

they do look light eh! they feel the same. they are a 16 ounce pair but the distribution puts alot more of that weight further back on my forarm than i was used to and i love it. keeps the profile small, and they feel way faster and lighter. also my first experience with anything that could be called “a punchers glove” alot more knuckle comes through these which i really like.

i looked at title but i would have had to make quite the drive to go get a pair. truth be told i dont have the money for the reyes either but it helps me keep my sanity. i figure at least if im going to be financially irresponsible its on something that will give me years of use and do good things for the body and mind. seems like every one around me at school drops tons of cash they dont have on beer kegs, outings to bars, liquor and Restaurant food, mine goes to protien, chicken breast and boxing gear.

[quote]La Flamme wrote:

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[/quote]

they do look light eh! they feel the same. they are a 16 ounce pair but the distribution puts alot more of that weight further back on my forarm than i was used to and i love it. keeps the profile small, and they feel way faster and lighter. also my first experience with anything that could be called “a punchers glove” alot more knuckle comes through these which i really like.

i looked at title but i would have had to make quite the drive to go get a pair. truth be told i dont have the money for the reyes either but it helps me keep my sanity. i figure at least if im going to be financially irresponsible its on something that will give me years of use and do good things for the body and mind. seems like every one around me at school drops tons of cash they dont have on beer kegs, outings to bars, liquor and Restaurant food, mine goes to protien, chicken breast and boxing gear.[/quote]

sounds like me. I can’t even get the people in my Krav class to buy gear. “we wont be wearing gear in the streets” BS

I have a pair of Rev Gear boxing gloves I have been using for years now and I like them. Last year I picked up a pair of Cageside gloves 16oz and they are pretty good, constructed well but they are muay thai gloves. Seems like your fist does not clinch as much in them.
as far as shorts go I am a Tokyo Five guy

http://www.treadmillfactory.ca/p-1437-c-81-16oz-fight-monkey-training-gloves.html

those are my gloves. First pair I have ever had, so I can’'t compare, but the coaches at the gym say they are a comfortable fit. I got them at the product launch price stated, I don’t know if they are really worth the $50 they are supposedly valued at. Anyway, they are mine, so I like them and I have been giving them some hard use. Actually, after having thrown a few uppercuts the padding on the back of the hand on the right seems to be slightly warping, I don’t know what to make of it.

Shorts, I have a bleach damaged pair of denim regular mens’ shorts that have a fucking hole in the seat that I should replace.

[quote]DeadKong wrote:
http://www.treadmillfactory.ca/p-1437-c-81-16oz-fight-monkey-training-gloves.html

those are my gloves. First pair I have ever had, so I can’'t compare, but the coaches at the gym say they are a comfortable fit. I got them at the product launch price stated, I don’t know if they are really worth the $50 they are supposedly valued at. Anyway, they are mine, so I like them and I have been giving them some hard use. Actually, after having thrown a few uppercuts the padding on the back of the hand on the right seems to be slightly warping, I don’t know what to make of it.

Shorts, I have a bleach damaged pair of denim regular mens’ shorts that have a fucking hole in the seat that I should replace. [/quote]

Well, synthetic is usually not as good as real leather, but any gloves are better than not fighting. Your first pair just have to keep you from hurting yourself and others, although I find that I go through 1 pair of $100 gloves slower than 2 pair of $50 gloves, and they’re more comfortable too.

Man, gloves could be one of my most favourite things I ever buy. I have a pair of regular Hayabusa and I must recommend them for comfort and the double hook strap. I pounded the living crap out of them in Thailand and the took the heat. Also, the 16 oz gloves seem to me at least to be a perfect weight. Not too light to not feel like you have something on your arm, but good speed and probably the best protection I’ve had on my hands for a long while.

I have a back up pair of Twins. They are hella pimp, and if you check out their catalog you’ll see what I mean. I really like them and if my sparring partner is a bleeder, i will see the blood on the bright colors. BUT they seem just too big, and I have to wrap my hand a little differently to ensure I feel comfortable in them. I also don’t believe they have the same protection factor for me or my sparring partners. But yeah, they’re pimp man.

Reyes is a classic. I don’t think you can go wrong with Reyes. I will hesitate to buy anything that isn’t an established brand, I never buy pleather gloves and I refuse to buy any gloves with some kind of vicious animal on them, a “tough looking fighter” picture (Bad Boy, I’m talking to you!!!) or sports name brand junk like Adidas.

[quote]Pigeonkak wrote:
Man, gloves could be one of my most favourite things I ever buy. I have a pair of regular Hayabusa and I must recommend them for comfort and the double hook strap. I pounded the living crap out of them in Thailand and the took the heat. Also, the 16 oz gloves seem to me at least to be a perfect weight. Not too light to not feel like you have something on your arm, but good speed and probably the best protection I’ve had on my hands for a long while.

I have a back up pair of Twins. They are hella pimp, and if you check out their catalog you’ll see what I mean. I really like them and if my sparring partner is a bleeder, i will see the blood on the bright colors. BUT they seem just too big, and I have to wrap my hand a little differently to ensure I feel comfortable in them. I also don’t believe they have the same protection factor for me or my sparring partners. But yeah, they’re pimp man.

Reyes is a classic. I don’t think you can go wrong with Reyes. I will hesitate to buy anything that isn’t an established brand, I never buy pleather gloves and I refuse to buy any gloves with some kind of vicious animal on them, a “tough looking fighter” picture (Bad Boy, I’m talking to you!!!) or sports name brand junk like Adidas.[/quote]

But you have Hayabusa gloves…they don’t have the big ass imaginary bird on them? LOL Im just playing with you.

I just bought a new pair of gloves from Combat Sports International, I haven’t used them yet but just trying them on I really like the fit and feel. They’re replacing a pair of Everlast Pro gloves, my favorite pair ever so they better be awesome. I’ve got a cheaper pair of Everlast that I use for mitts, easy on/off and a vented palm so I like them for drills but I don’t spar in them.

Shorts… holy crap. Mostly I wear Triumph United Thai trunks and Six Deuce MMA trunks, but I’ve got several pairs from several other companies. I’ve got a pair of Hitman trunks that are going on 10 years old, unbelievable quality. I’ve trained in them, fought in them, wore them in the river, can’t break em

In the river? you doing to some deep southern judy choppin secret training?

Let me tell you this, pulling guard is NOT effective in waist deep water

[quote]Melvin Smiley wrote:
Let me tell you this, pulling guard is NOT effective in waist deep water[/quote]

Haha! Ain’t that the truth.

[quote]Ranzo wrote:

[quote]Pigeonkak wrote:

Reyes is a classic. I don’t think you can go wrong with Reyes. I will hesitate to buy anything that isn’t an established brand, I never buy pleather gloves and I refuse to buy any gloves with some kind of vicious animal on them, a “tough looking fighter” picture (Bad Boy, I’m talking to you!!!) or sports name brand junk like Adidas.[/quote]

But you have Hayabusa gloves…they don’t have the big ass imaginary bird on them? LOL Im just playing with you.[/quote]

Haha, lol. Yeah, they do have a bird on them and I guess it’s pretty vicious if you’re a field mouse. Hayabusa is actually Japanese for the very real Peregrine Falcon. Quick little factoid: when this falcon dives for prey it reaches a top speed in excess of 300 km/h or about 200 m/h making it the fastest creature on Earth.

Title Gel and Twins for me, however, the Twins I have seen lately are not the same quality.

I’ve been through my fair share of gloves, but have found it tricky to get a good pair.
In our corner of europe there are many brands available - but not many of the traditional/established brands.

Adidas - there are some guys in my club that swear by these. I don’t - primarily because they do not come in leather and are highly vulnerable to moisture. Also; an expensive pair I invested in lost weight dramatically and the wrist strap crumpled.

TopPro - This brand can be hit and miss. The first pair of gloves I ever purchased were 10oz and a terrific glove. The thick wrist strap provided really good support and they did last a long time. However, when I

[quote]Pigeonkak wrote:

[quote]Ranzo wrote:

[quote]Pigeonkak wrote:

But you have Hayabusa gloves…they don’t have the big ass imaginary bird on them? LOL Im just playing with you.[/quote]

Haha, lol. Yeah, they do have a bird on them and I guess it’s pretty vicious if you’re a field mouse. Hayabusa is actually Japanese for the very real Peregrine Falcon. Quick little factoid: when this falcon dives for prey it reaches a top speed in excess of 300 km/h or about 200 m/h making it the fastest creature on Earth.
[/quote]

I didn’t know they were that fast though. I used to tease guys who ride those bikes because if you break that word down you can get Haiyai meaning fast and busaiku meaning ugly so you got fast and ugly LOL just a dumb play on words for me.

[quote]Ranzo wrote:

[quote]Pigeonkak wrote:

[quote]Ranzo wrote:

[quote]Pigeonkak wrote:

[/quote]

I didn’t know they were that fast though. I used to tease guys who ride those bikes because if you break that word down you can get Haiyai meaning fast and busaiku meaning ugly so you got fast and ugly LOL just a dumb play on words for me.[/quote]

Fast and ugly is how I win. highfive

[quote]devildog_jim wrote:

[quote]Ranzo wrote:

[quote]Pigeonkak wrote:

[quote]Ranzo wrote:

[quote]Pigeonkak wrote:

[/quote]

I didn’t know they were that fast though. I used to tease guys who ride those bikes because if you break that word down you can get Haiyai meaning fast and busaiku meaning ugly so you got fast and ugly LOL just a dumb play on words for me.[/quote]

Fast and ugly is how I win. highfive
[/quote]

highfive