Glove Recommendations?

I’m looking to buy some gloves that also have wrist support…

any recommendations? i have an academy and an oshman’s around me that i can shop at

I found newgrips to be very useful.

Forget about gloves, make your hands tough! If you do some wrist work you’ll never need to wrap them either.

[quote]Hog Ear wrote:
Forget about gloves, make your hands tough! If you do some wrist work you’ll never need to wrap them either. [/quote]

I don’t use gloves either and don’t see the point. Your hands will develop natural “protection” in the form of callouses. I only use wrist straps if I am doing shrugs with 500lbs or more. Anything less and I allow my hands to do the work by themselves. Develop your grip strength by not relying on those tools too heavily.

Have girls suddenly started to look for baby smooth hands on guys?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Hog Ear wrote:
Forget about gloves, make your hands tough! If you do some wrist work you’ll never need to wrap them either.

I don’t use gloves either and don’t see the point. Your hands will develop natural “protection” in the form of callouses. I only use wrist straps if I am doing shrugs with 500lbs or more. Anything less and I allow my hands to do the work by themselves. Develop your grip strength by not relying on those tools too heavily.

Have girls suddenly started to look for baby smooth hands on guys?[/quote]

It’s all this femanist media stuff. You cant have rough hands because the bitchy “me me me!” girls of the world want nothing but their own way and they want to femanise men.

It seems like having balls in this day and age is a crime.

I used gloves for a while… then my balls dropped.

Jokes aside, save yourself the money and buy more Grow! As X said, your hands will develop their own protection. The first few weeks might be a bitch but after you’ll never look back.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Have girls suddenly started to look for baby smooth hands on guys?[/quote]

Nope, that would creep me out. My husband has giant, rough, calloused hands with scars and permanent oil stains around his fingernails. I love his hands. To me it signifies that he is a hard worker and can protect me. Mine are the ones that should be soft.

Try out the Nike gloves they last longer than 6 weeks. They are thinner, so the feel natural and if you lift enough weight, still get the rough hands. Since may hands are sweety I use them more for grip because most gyms now dont allow chalk. Dont get the ones with wrist wraps, they are a waste of money and you will end up cutting them off any way. Plus like earlier postes you need to build your grip anyway.

Using gloves is like using condoms. It just doesn’t feel the same! So skip them (the gloves, not the condoms!).

[quote]j281 wrote:
I’m looking to buy some gloves that also have wrist support…

any recommendations? i have an academy and an oshman’s around me that i can shop at[/quote]

Are these gloves for boxing, or dog sled racing, or ice fishing, or climbing Mount Everest, or what?

TNT

If you’re really worried about the callus issue, or if they start to rip and bleed, get a pumice stone. They’re a couple of bucks, and they’ll keep the callus on your hands nice and smooth. It’ll still be thick and protective, but it won’t catch on your girl. Or in my case, my tender junk.

In a pinch, or if you’re embarrased buying something so girly (but I guess you’re not afraid of buying gloves, so I drop the case…) you can use sandpaper.

If your hands get really torn up, the old-time weightlifter solution is to piss on the calluses. Swear to God it works, and urine is sterile, so you’re not going to hurt anything. Make sure to wash thoroughly afterwards.

Dan “Gloves are for babies… Arnold drinks beer!” McVicker

alot of the time I wear boxers wraps, because me and my training parterner usually do hevy bag work or focus mitts before we lift. They do jack to prtocet your hands but they thinken your palm and make the bar seem alot thicker, imagine deadlifting without your thumb thats what it feels like, it great for grip training, so when we test out 1rm’s the number always go higher because we lift raw.

AS for gloves if you need them use them, If you need alot of padding kyaking gloves work.

hahah thnaks for all the tips guys…

and yeah it’s because i have a girlfriend