Glossary - Welcome Pack?

I have searched for a glossary of terms and break down of acronyms.

It would be really helpful to have this as a new member, like a welcome pack to help decode some of the threads.

What ones in particular are giving you trouble?

This thread seems to have some common terms.

6 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think there are any forum-specific terms that’d be too confusing. Just general training stuff that’d be standard for any training or diet talk.

There’s nothing wrong with flat-out telling someone you don’t know what they’re referring to when the issue comes up, but is there anything particular you’re getting tripped up on?

Honestly I am very new to the TRT process so it might be more channel specific.
But given the broad strokes information provided by my Doctor I came here to dive into the specifics and better understand my blood work.
I find myself having to stop, go off and Google a lot of the Acronyms.

A quick ref guide to start, so I could hit the threads and read through making sense of it all would be useful for me, and i’m sure the next newbie.

HCG
E2
AI
HCH mono
CBC
CMP
SHBG
Estradiol
PSA
TSH
FT3
FT4

Just a suggestion.

I think I’m going to head back to the over 35’s channel where its safe.

1 Like

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, that’s nothing really to do with the forum itself. Those are definitely specific to TRT and men’s health. I get what you’re saying and I know it can seem overwhelming, but giving yourself at least a basic understanding of that stuff really is a big part in taking control of your personal health.

It’s pretty much exactly what I talked about here: 4 Things You Don't Know About TRT - Pharma / TRT - COMMUNITY - T NATION

If you wanted to start a thread about it in the T Replacement forum, that’d be one way to get the conversation started.

1 Like

That article is super helpful. Thank you.

I think I need to do some homework on blood panels and read into that.

1 Like