T Nation

Gloria Allred Seeks FREE MONEY

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061124/D8LJNIB00.html

Men Seek Apology From Ex-‘Seinfeld’ Star

Nov 24, 5:58 PM (ET)

By ROBERT JABLON

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Two men who say they were insulted by actor-comedian Michael Richards during his racist rant at a comedy club want a personal apology and maybe some money, their lawyer said Friday.

The men, Frank McBride and Kyle Doss, said they were part of a group of about 20 people who had gathered at West Hollywood’s Laugh Factory to celebrate a friend’s birthday. According to their attorney, Gloria Allred, they were ordering drinks when Richards berated them for interrupting his act.

When one of their group replied that he wasn’t funny, Richards launched into a string of obscenities and repeatedly used the n-word. A video cell phone captured the outburst.

Richards, who played Jerry Seinfeld’s wacky neighbor Kramer on the TV sitcom “Seinfeld,” made a nationally televised apology on David Letterman’s “Late Night” show earlier this week. He has since apologized to civil rights leaders the Rev. Jesse Jackson and the Rev. Al Sharpton.

But Allred complained Friday that he “has not apologized to his victims directly, face to face, man to man.”

Richards’ publicist said his client wants to apologize to both men, who are black, but hasn’t been able to locate them.

Allred, speaking by phone from Colorado, said Richards should meet McBride and Doss in front of a retired judge to “acknowledge his behavior and to apologize to them” and allow the judge to decide on monetary compensation.

“It’s not enough to say ‘I’m sorry,’” she said.

She did not mention a specific figure, but pitched the idea as a way for the comic to avoid a lawsuit.

“Our clients were vulnerable,” Allred said. “He went after them. He singled them out and he taunted them, and he did it in a closed room where they were captive.”

The video of Richards’ outburst shows several people getting up and walking out as he shouts at the audience.

Richards’ publicist said the comic wasn’t considering any demand for payment. “He’s not dealing with that,” Howard Rubenstein said. “He wants to apologize to them directly and then see what happens.”

An apolgy yeah that’s probably in order, But certainly not money…however without having ever seen the argument from the begining …I’m not sure if only Richards is at fault ,so it migh be possible both parties have some apologizing to do .

How come Kanye West isn’t being sued by thousands of white people after his out bursts using the racial slur "CRACKER " in a public forum ?

Why bring your backwards ass mentality to these forums?

Are you suggesting that one outburst deserves another? Were you hinting that some white guy had a free pass lined up because of West’s comments?

Explain to me how you think “cracker” is even in the same ballpark as “nigger” in terms of offensiveness and weight carried. It’s not even close. It blows my mind when people pretend to get upset by the use of the word “cracker.”

Nobody should be suing for asinine comments. Kramer is an asshole and he is getting his public beating. Good for him.

But we certainly don’t need a leech like Gloria Alred sticking her nose in this situation.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Explain to me how you think “cracker” is even in the same ballpark as “nigger” in terms of offensiveness and weight carried. It’s not even close. It blows my mind when people pretend to get upset by the use of the word “cracker.”[/quote]
Why is cracker used?
Richards owes these guys no personal time, and nothing more than an apology. They can choose whether or not to accept the apology. They can choose not to buy any products with him if they want to carry this anger.

Cracker, nigger, idiot, fatty, etc. These are all in the same ballpark. Words hurt the willing to be hurt.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
malonetd wrote:
Explain to me how you think “cracker” is even in the same ballpark as “nigger” in terms of offensiveness and weight carried. It’s not even close. It blows my mind when people pretend to get upset by the use of the word “cracker.”
Why is cracker used?
Richards owes these guys no personal time, and nothing more than an apology. They can choose whether or not to accept the apology. They can choose not to buy any products with him if they want to carry this anger.

Cracker, nigger, idiot, fatty, etc. These are all in the same ballpark. Words hurt the willing to be hurt.
[/quote]

This will take this off topic, which is probably good, but you honestly believe
(n)=fatty??? (n)=idiot or cracker???

You must be some freakin’ obese white retard.

People don’t talk about this kind of stuff (story below) going on, which is why it happens all the time. All the time. Yet some guy yells at some guys and here comes the pigs with their buckets and silver ware.

Whites don’t deserve this kind of shit. If the attitudes about race maintain their present course I’m afraid that wholesale murder of whites will be the norm. WE DO NOT DESERVE THAT. Everyone has brutal histories.

Whites ended theirs and set up a system where all can pursue happiness and freedom. This is the thanks we get. West and Allred their crew hissing get whitey under their breath? I wont stand for it.

By the way, when you hear a white or jew ‘elite’ use the word ‘redneck’ what your looking at is a modern day bigot. All the other groups they used to attack are out of bounds now so they go after a safe target. The point is that they need a target. These are the people running our media and colleges. Bigots.

Non Bias Attack

April 11, 2005
By Marianna Hernandez

Invoking the name Martin Luther King and screaming Black Power a gang of up to 30 black teens attacked four white girls in Marine Park in what police are saying is NOT A BIAS CRIME.

The March 30 attack was a hot topic at state Senator Marty Golden’s recent public safety forum.

According to witnesses and parents of the victims, four young girls from St. Edmund’s had the day off from school due to Easter recess. They were playing basketball during dismissal from nearby Marine Park Junior High School, when several Marine Park students demanded to use the court.

After adults intervened and asked them to wait their turn, the teens left - but returned in a pack of up to 30, both boys and girls, and stormed into the park.

Witnesses say the attackers were all black and called their victims WHITE CRACKERS during the bloody melee, which raged for almost 20 minutes.

“This is not being looked at as a bias crime,” NYPD Deputy Inspector Kevin McGinn said at the meeting.

“When I pulled my car up to the park, I witnessed a pandemonium I’ve never seen in my life,” said Debbie, a mother of one victim who asked to remain anonymous for safety reasons.

Her daughter ran to the car, screaming, “They’re going to kill us,” Debbie recalled. My daughter was so scared and kids were running around like crazy.

Pursued by dozens of teens, some of the girls were “literally running into traffic to save their lives,” she said.

One girl made it as far as a nearby house, but was dragged by her hair back into the playground by a “wolf pack of children,” Debbie said.

The St. Edmund girls were bleeding and beaten to the point where they had cuts, scrapes, footprints and dirt all over them - and the attackers surrounded her car and started pounding on the windows as Debbie tried to herd the terrified children into her vehicle.

Two girls were hospitalized - one with a broken nose and one with a head injury, according to Edith, the mother of another girl.

According to Lt. Mark Molinari, from the 63rd Precinct, five of the assailants, who attend Marine Park Junior High School, were arrested and charged with misdemeanor assault. But since the attackers are all under the age of 16, they are facing charges in Family Court, and were arraigned last Friday.

“I always felt safe in the area and after hearing about such an incident, you start thinking what else could happen. These situations should not be happening, not in Marine Park, or anywhere else, and the safety of our kids should be of most importance,” said Denise Williams, a parent from Gerritsen Beach.

“It’s getting progressively worse in the community - these types of gangs are not only taking away our parks, they’re ruining our neighborhoods,” said parent Cathy Miller.

“Nobody expects their child to go to a park and get beaten, with footprints on her head and arm, everyone just wants their child to be safe,” said Edith. “Everyone should have the right to be safe from teens, to small kids, to seniors, to mothers with strollers, no one should fear of being beaten while enjoying a day in the park.”

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
[/quote]

Thank you for posting this. I can now add your name to my internal “Idiot’s List,” i.e., a listing of people I keep in mind when reading posts. I know now to NEVER trust anythign you write.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:

…Are you suggesting that one outburst deserves another? Were you hinting that some white guy had a free pass lined up because of West’s comments?[/quote]

Pint was simple…I’m sorry it was beyond your comrehension . But I’ll try and clarify.

Mr Richards made an uncalled for remark …But the parties he made the remark to are not entitled to any money an apolgy possibly money NO WAY…

I made mention of MR Kanye West ,because he was guilty of the same actions as Mr. Richards ,But on a larger scale ,And no one was talking legal action for being exposed to Mr.Kanye West’s Racist bantar …

[quote]GERRY.P.SHARMAN wrote:
sasquatch wrote:

…Are you suggesting that one outburst deserves another? Were you hinting that some white guy had a free pass lined up because of West’s comments?

Pint was simple…I’m sorry it was beyond your comrehension . But I’ll try and clarify.

Mr Richards made an uncalled for remark …But the parties he made the remark to are not entitled to any money an apolgy possibly money NO WAY…

I made mention of MR Kanye West ,because he was guilty of the same actions as Mr. Richards ,But on a larger scale ,And no one was talking legal action for being exposed to Mr.Kanye West’s Racist bantar …

[/quote]

I got your “pint” fool. I’m afraid my “comrehension” is a bit better than your education.

The whole problem here is you see (n)=cracker. It most certainly does not. Especially when it was preceeded with a reference to hanging them.

And if you want my opinion. They aren’t even entitled to an apology. And if you ask me, why would they want one. Do you believe it was a simple off colored remark that just slipped. Those are/may be forgiveable. I’m afraid this was more. His apology on David Letterman meant little to me and I’m sure it meant less to those directly attacked.

I find you and your attitude repugnant. Look it up–it’s not well received.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Explain to me how you think “cracker” is even in the same ballpark as “nigger” in terms of offensiveness and weight carried. It’s not even close. It blows my mind when people pretend to get upset by the use of the word “cracker.”[/quote]

And with the above statement you pretty much sum up how blacks view racism , And that is they beleive only they can be victims of disrimination ,and racism .

So let me ask you this …About how long do you think it will be before blacks stop playing the racism card ? another 100…200…300…Or more years ? when do you stop crying current victim for past events… or will you ever ???

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
GERRY.P.SHARMAN wrote:
sasquatch wrote:

…Are you suggesting that one outburst deserves another? Were you hinting that some white guy had a free pass lined up because of West’s comments?

I got your “pint” fool. I’m afraid my “comrehension” is a bit better than your education.

The whole problem here is you see (n)=cracker. It most certainly does not. Especially when it was preceeded with a reference to hanging them.

And if you want my opinion. They aren’t even entitled to an apology. And if you ask me, why would they want one. Do you believe it was a simple off colored remark that just slipped. Those are/may be forgiveable. I’m afraid this was more. His apology on David Letterman meant little to me and I’m sure it meant less to those directly attacked.

I find you and your attitude repugnant. Look it up–it’s not well received. [/quote]

Those .were typo’s I’m sure you’ve made them before ,And I have noticed that is the first thing a person with no legitament point to be made points out (PATHETIC) .

You boast of an education which requires equality to be had ,But you cry in-equality of the black race…your to damn funny . I bet you have a decent middle class job as well ,but still shout INJUSTICE .

[quote]Arthur Jacob wrote:
People don’t talk about this kind of stuff (story below) going on, which is why it happens all the time. All the time. Yet some guy yells at some guys and here comes the pigs with their buckets and silver ware.

Whites don’t deserve this kind of shit. If the attitudes about race maintain their present course I’m afraid that wholesale murder of whites will be the norm. WE DO NOT DESERVE THAT. Everyone has brutal histories.

Whites ended theirs and set up a system where all can pursue happiness and freedom. This is the thanks we get. West and Allred their crew hissing get whitey under their breath? I wont stand for it.

By the way, when you hear a white or jew ‘elite’ use the word ‘redneck’ what your looking at is a modern day bigot. All the other groups they used to attack are out of bounds now so they go after a safe target. The point is that they need a target. These are the people running our media and colleges. Bigots.

Non Bias Attack

April 11, 2005
By Marianna Hernandez

Invoking the name Martin Luther King and screaming Black Power a gang of up to 30 black teens attacked four white girls in Marine Park in what police are saying is NOT A BIAS CRIME.

The March 30 attack was a hot topic at state Senator Marty Golden’s recent public safety forum.

According to witnesses and parents of the victims, four young girls from St. Edmund’s had the day off from school due to Easter recess. They were playing basketball during dismissal from nearby Marine Park Junior High School, when several Marine Park students demanded to use the court.

After adults intervened and asked them to wait their turn, the teens left - but returned in a pack of up to 30, both boys and girls, and stormed into the park.

Witnesses say the attackers were all black and called their victims WHITE CRACKERS during the bloody melee, which raged for almost 20 minutes.

“This is not being looked at as a bias crime,” NYPD Deputy Inspector Kevin McGinn said at the meeting.

“When I pulled my car up to the park, I witnessed a pandemonium I’ve never seen in my life,” said Debbie, a mother of one victim who asked to remain anonymous for safety reasons.

Her daughter ran to the car, screaming, “They’re going to kill us,” Debbie recalled. My daughter was so scared and kids were running around like crazy.

Pursued by dozens of teens, some of the girls were “literally running into traffic to save their lives,” she said.

One girl made it as far as a nearby house, but was dragged by her hair back into the playground by a “wolf pack of children,” Debbie said.

The St. Edmund girls were bleeding and beaten to the point where they had cuts, scrapes, footprints and dirt all over them - and the attackers surrounded her car and started pounding on the windows as Debbie tried to herd the terrified children into her vehicle.

Two girls were hospitalized - one with a broken nose and one with a head injury, according to Edith, the mother of another girl.

According to Lt. Mark Molinari, from the 63rd Precinct, five of the assailants, who attend Marine Park Junior High School, were arrested and charged with misdemeanor assault. But since the attackers are all under the age of 16, they are facing charges in Family Court, and were arraigned last Friday.

“I always felt safe in the area and after hearing about such an incident, you start thinking what else could happen. These situations should not be happening, not in Marine Park, or anywhere else, and the safety of our kids should be of most importance,” said Denise Williams, a parent from Gerritsen Beach.

“It’s getting progressively worse in the community - these types of gangs are not only taking away our parks, they’re ruining our neighborhoods,” said parent Cathy Miller.

“Nobody expects their child to go to a park and get beaten, with footprints on her head and arm, everyone just wants their child to be safe,” said Edith. “Everyone should have the right to be safe from teens, to small kids, to seniors, to mothers with strollers, no one should fear of being beaten while enjoying a day in the park.”[/quote]

They also have an excuse for this type of racial hate crime that takes the blame off blacks ,and places it squarely on whites …They claim that from years of opression blacks suffer from “BLACK RAGE” as a result of the bottled up feelings from years of “OPRESSION” , And the result is "UN-CONTROLLABLE " out bursts of violence …

[quote]GERRY.P.SHARMAN wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
GERRY.P.SHARMAN wrote:
sasquatch wrote:

Those .were typo’s I’m sure you’ve made them before ,And I have noticed that is the first thing a person with no legitament point to be made points out (PATHETIC) .

You boast of an education which requires equality to be had ,But you cry in-equality of the black race…your to damn funny . I bet you have a decent middle class job as well ,but still shout INJUSTICE .
[/quote]

This thread should be deleted.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
GERRY.P.SHARMAN wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
GERRY.P.SHARMAN wrote:
sasquatch wrote:

This thread should be deleted.

[/quote]

Here’s an idea keep out of the thread ,and let it return to topic …it’s my thread you busted in with nonsense .

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:

Thank you for posting this. I can now add your name to my internal “Idiot’s List,” i.e., a listing of people I keep in mind when reading posts. I know now to NEVER trust anythign you write.
[/quote]

To whom does this matter? I am not bothered by your opinion. When you do try to insult, you may want to use spell check scooter. Google association fallacy. Good luck to you.

Allred is a nut. This tidbit from her bio:

"Some of her sex-discrimination suits include suing the Boy Scouts for not admitting girls for membership and KMART for having a boys toy section and a girls toy section.

Refers to President GW Bush as the “President select” and once called Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas an “Uncle Tom.”

Referred to the Boy Scouts’ policy of admitting only boys as “gender apartheid,” and during the waning days of the 2003 California Gubernatorial Recall election accused Arnold Scwarzenegger of being a Nazi sympathizer by stating that there were “six-million reasons not to vote” for him. No allegations of Schwarzenegger ties to Nazism have ever been substantiated.

Stated on her KABC radio show her belief that single women on welfare should be given taxpayer-funded fertility treatment if they are unable to conceive.

After she brought her sex-discrimination suit against The Boy Scouts, Ms. Allred was asked if she would represent a man suing the WNBA, LPGA or a woman’s college. Her response was, “That’s a good question. I don’t have an answer for you.”

She basically represents everything that is wrong with our legal system.

This is so absurd that after I click submit I vow to not give her or the claimants one more second of my conscious thought.

What makes blacks so special? What makes any minority special? Why do they get to throw out insults to whites with no reprecussion but whites cannot do the same?

I’m sick of the minority mind set, always carrying a chip on their shoulders thinking that everyone owes them something, no one owes you shit. Just because you were enslaved years ago doesn’t mean shit now, its time to stop treating minorites special, giving them latitude to do and say what others can’t, otherwise we’re just going to keep creating generations of people who think life is a free ride where they can do and say whatever they want.

All we have here is some losers who can’t deal with being called a name, and all they’re looking for is some free money.

[quote]malonetd wrote:

why don’t you explain to the rest of us how you can empirically evaluate the hurtfulness of a word?

where do i go to find a listing of the ‘hurt-o-meter’ of one word compared to another? instead of asking you, of course . have you set up a website with a ‘hurt-o-meter’ ranking system for derogatory terms/words?

you can go into blacks being slaves and personal property of whites and atrocious acts carried out against them in order to argue that ‘nigger’ is worse than ‘cracker’, but you’d be missing the point of what was being said.

what matters is how the recipient of an insult feels after being insulted. whether it’s a black person being called a nigger at a comedy club by michael richards, or a chinese kid in predominantly white school being called a ‘chink’ by racist classmates, bot people have a right to feel upset and be offended and be hurt.

what if there was a white kid going to a predominantly black school and she was called ‘white bitch’ or ‘cracker girl’ by racist classmates… would you tell her she shouldn’t be as hurt as the black guy being called a ‘nigger’ from the first michael richards example? would you tell the girl, ‘get over it, at least you’re not black and weren’t called a ‘nigger’, only under that circumstance are you allowed to be upset and cry.’

“hey white girl, you don’t have a right to be as upset as the black guy from the comedy club because the word ‘cracker’ isn’t as hurtful as the word ‘nigger’. at least according to malonetd’s ‘hurt-o-meter’, he’s a word-expert from T-Nation.com.”

do you get the point now? people reserve the right to be upset/offended under any circumstance. get over yourself, because you are NOT the arbiter of what words consitute as more or less hurtful than other words.

hurtful words are hurtful words, and if a person is hurt by them, it makes no difference what malonetd’s ‘hurt-o-meter’ ranking system states. the results is the same: someone being hurt.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
Allred is a nut. This tidbit from her bio:

"Some of her sex-discrimination suits include suing the Boy Scouts for not admitting girls for membership and KMART for having a boys toy section and a girls toy section.

Refers to President GW Bush as the “President select” and once called Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas an “Uncle Tom.”

Referred to the Boy Scouts’ policy of admitting only boys as “gender apartheid,” and during the waning days of the 2003 California Gubernatorial Recall election accused Arnold Scwarzenegger of being a Nazi sympathizer by stating that there were “six-million reasons not to vote” for him. No allegations of Schwarzenegger ties to Nazism have ever been substantiated.

Stated on her KABC radio show her belief that single women on welfare should be given taxpayer-funded fertility treatment if they are unable to conceive.

After she brought her sex-discrimination suit against The Boy Scouts, Ms. Allred was asked if she would represent a man suing the WNBA, LPGA or a woman’s college. Her response was, “That’s a good question. I don’t have an answer for you.”

She basically represents everything that is wrong with our legal system.

This is so absurd that after I click submit I vow to not give her or the claimants one more second of my conscious thought.
[/quote]

Good post. I was thinking of detailing some of Alred’s lunacy, but I am glad you saved me the time. The country would be so much better off without lawyers like her.