Glitter Is Rambling

INTRO

I know this is gonna be totally different from all or most of the other threads here. I will tell you right off so that you won’t have to waste your time if you are looking for a lot of information RE. weight, & bench presses and stuff like that. Yes, I DO know that this is a social web site for and about body building- that IS why I joined. But you see, I got into this car accident and that has limited half of my workout! Total bummer!!! I can only lift with my legs now. I have some pictures of my body with muscle but these pictures are from 2009.

Well, I guess I could use them as before pictures. I have to find them on my other computer. I really am not into taking pictures of myself, not really. I am even less into taking pictures of muscle shots. I just think I look weird posing in ways that show my muscles off. But that is just ME. I don’t think other people look weird. It is kinda like when you see someone wearing a really cool outfit, and you really like it, but you know you yourself would never wear it. Yeah, that is how it is with me and muscle shots. I will find a way to take those kind of pictures again through, that way I can record my development, even if my legs are the only things that I am working on right now.

ME, MYSELF & I

I am from a suburb of Chicago. I am 46 years old, and am married. No kids, however, sometimes I feel like I have a handful! About 2.5 years ago I became a Sunday school teacher. I teach a group of developmentally abled adults at my church. I love it so much. It has changed my life. About 1.5 years ago I started an activity group for them which I lead. Well, I am very active in their lives. I love them all and enjoy spending time with them outside of church and the activity group. Many of them call me at home and through them my life has been blessed!

I love lifting weights. It is my passion. I have been lifting weights since I was 19 years old. Back then though I admit I had no idea what I was doing. I was just having a lot of fun and it was just a hobby back then. It wasn’t until I was 30 years old that I started to really learn how to lift and took a more serious approach to lifting weights. Up until that point my body had a lot of natural muscle definition (only my legs though). Before I began to lift weights guys used to ask me if I played sports due to my muscle development/definition. I never understood why they asked me this question… I hate sports, and that is what I always told them.

When I was 30 years old I developed something called Uvietis. It is basically inflammation in your eyes. In my case I had a lot of inflammation and I was slowly going through the stages of becoming blind. It is a long story. My eyes are ok now, but I did lose a potion of my vision. However, I can still drive and do everything else. I had a total of 4 surgeries on my eye, and in the process of getting my eyes healthy I had to take this horrid steroid called Prednisone. It basically helps clear up inflammation & adds lots of fat on your body. Doctors even give it to their patients who have Anorexia to plop fat all over their bodies. So, when I was 30 I went from 140 pounds to 195 pounds! It was UNREAL! So, as I mentioned before I become really serious about lifting weights when I was 30 and all that weight was the main reason why. It was the first time in my lift that I was heavy.

I will admit I am weak. I only lift 35x3 when I do a leg presses. However, this WILL change some day! I am 5’8" & currently weight 180 pounds. I am most proud of these recent accomplishments: I lost 45 pounds from Oct. 2013-May 2014 (maintained the weight that I lost). Also, lost 2% of my body fat from Feb.2014-Feb. 2015. The pictures in my photo album are the most current pictures I have of myself, which were taken between August 2014- October 2014. I have to tell you something that made me jump for joy today! I had this mini skirt. It was one of those rare times when I bought something that didn’t fit me but bought it anyway 'cause I feel in love with it. I almost gave up on the idea of ever actually wearing it several times in the last three years. One year, the year that I bought it I almost did fit into it (it was only a little bit small for me) but I injured myself that year & never lost more weight. Anyway, today I was thinking how I weight 180 pounds yet all of my jeans that used to be snug around my waist I can now pull them down to my knees without unzipping them. The scale has not reflected me losing more than 3 pounds though. I don’t measure myself, so I thought, “I wonder how many inches I have lost recently?” Well, I went to my closet and pulled out that zebra print mini skirt, and for the first time ever IT FIT!!! I was ecstatic! This especially makes me happy because since I was in a car accident I can’t workout out like I was before: Monday-Friday arms, Mon. Wed-Fri. legs. I was hit January 27th and I have been working really hard to increase my cardio to burn 500 calories 7 days a week. I am determined to lose the rest of the weight I want to lose, increase muscle throughout my body, and lose more fat no matter what!

Well, that’s enough rambling for one post!

Some day soon I will post pictures with less clothes on showing my muscles. Hopefully I will have the picture facing the correct way! LOL

[photo]40793[/photo]

[photo]40762[/photo]

Congrats on your weight loss, and coming back from health challenges.

I have a sister-in-law who has taken Prednisone a number of times. SO much water weight, it’s been really hard on her so I am a bit familiar.

Best of luck to you!