Glen Becks Book

I got it for Christmas from my sister and must say I really like it. He actually really nails how to explain a conservative view on health care without sounding “like you want to kill babies and hate other people” as he puts it… made for an interesting 2 hour debate between my sister and I…

If he even identifies as a “conservative” then he’s arguing wrong. The first step for a capitalist is to get away from that label.

if glenn beck is informing your worldview i wish you good luck.

[quote]thefederalist wrote:
if glenn beck is informing your worldview i wish you good luck. [/quote]

Glenn Beck is a very smart guy who not only has a good command of the facts but puts them across in an interesting and entertaining manner.

You might not like him because he does not echo your view on politics, which is okay.

Glenn Beck is an interesting and well read entertainer and TV personality. Does that make him a good source for political information? Maybe, maybe not. I whole heartedly agree with some of his views, and disagree with others.

BTW, he claimed to be a libertarian (not capitalized) on the Jay Leno Show.

[quote]Ratchet wrote:
I got it for Christmas from my sister and must say I really like it. He actually really nails how to explain a conservative view on health care without sounding “like you want to kill babies and hate other people” as he puts it… made for an interesting 2 hour debate between my sister and I…

[/quote]

I put it down after 20 pages when I realized he defends his views by pointing out some abstract event in the 1920s when he happened to be right.

You also have to realize who signs his paychecks, it may influence his way of thinking a tad, don’t you think?

[quote]spyoptic wrote:

[quote]Ratchet wrote:

[/quote]

I put it down after 20 pages when I realized he defends his views by pointing out some abstract event in the 1920s when he happened to be right.

You also have to realize who signs his paychecks, it may influence his way of thinking a tad, don’t you think?[/quote]

How does it make any point irrelevant? Neviile Chamberlain tried appeasement o hitler in the early 30s, late 20s or so and that didn’t work.

We are no different as a people fromt he 20s, except maybe dumber and less self reliant. People have the same ideas on the both sides, ore taxes, less taxes. Government do this or don’t do that.

Hell the founding fathers wrote that Constitution thingie over 200 years ago, and that’s still supposed to apply. Not that it’s always followed, but that’s a different story.

[quote]spyoptic wrote:

[quote]Ratchet wrote:

[/quote]

You also have to realize who signs his paychecks, it may influence his way of thinking a tad, don’t you think?[/quote]

I agree. This guy is a total fraud who probably doesn’t believe half the shit he says on TV. I used to listen to his radio show a few years ago before he went on Fox. He was nothing like the personality he turns into on TV. But now, he’s a totally different person. He’s a sensationalist who ocassionally makes sense due to the sheer amount of shit coming out of his mouth.

One of the keys to Beck’s appeal, including myself is that there are probably a couple million people in this nation who could do his show with a little practice.

Beck simply concurs with what I’ve been saying for 20 plus years. He has an intelligent, but unpolished personality, a research staff and actually American instincts and sensibilities. If that flopped on a major network this country would be in even worse shape than I though it was.

actually beck is a brilliant satirist silently laughing at all the fools who think that he echoes their views.

actually beck is a brilliant satirist silently laughing at all the fools who think that he echoes their views. [/quote]

So if I have a viewpoint, and he says the same thing, he’s not echoing it? That makes no sense.

actually beck is a brilliant satirist silently laughing at all the fools who think that he echoes their views. [/quote]

Maybe there are some people laugh about people who think it matters what he thinks.

Once talk show hosts and politicians start to pander to libertarian ideas and have success, others will follow.

[quote]yorik wrote:

So if I have a viewpoint, and he says the same thing, he’s not echoing it? That makes no sense.[/quote]

Look, if your baker does not eat his own bread it wont feed you!

Wait…

What?

[quote]artw wrote:

[quote]spyoptic wrote:

[quote]Ratchet wrote:

[/quote]

I agree. This guy is a total fraud who probably doesn’t believe half the shit he says on TV. I used to listen to his radio show a few years ago before he went on Fox. He was nothing like the personality he turns into on TV. But now, he’s a totally different person. He’s a sensationalist who ocassionally makes sense due to the sheer amount of shit coming out of his mouth.[/quote]

Care to explain where he has been fraudulent?

[quote]orion wrote:

Maybe there are some people laugh about people who think it matters what he thinks.

Once talk show hosts and politicians start to pander to libertarian ideas and have success, others will follow.

[/quote]

Very well said.

[quote]artw wrote:
I agree. This guy is a total fraud who probably doesn’t believe half the shit he says on TV. I used to listen to his radio show a few years ago before he went on Fox. He was nothing like the personality he turns into on TV. But now, he’s a totally different person. He’s a sensationalist who ocassionally makes sense due to the sheer amount of shit coming out of his mouth.[/quote]
He’s making 25 mil a year now. Hence, doing something right, even if it’s just being in the right place at the right time.

You’ll never know what a politician or media personality truly believes. All you have to go on is what they say. Beck sounds like a conservative libertarian, so you might as well consider him such. There is no shortage of people who are openly hostile to libertarian, conservative and capitalist ideas, so why go after the people who are on your side, even if only in rhetoric?

Bill O’Reilly is another example. He attracts flak from all sides. Personally, I have never had a problem with him. The way I see it, he is right on at least 75% of the issues, so what is there to complain about? I’d rather go after influential people who are wrong nearly 100% of the time. Wouldn’t you?

As usual, people aren’t thinking rationally. You should never profess to “love” or “hate” a person you haven’t met. It’s sheer idiocy.

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:

[quote]artw wrote:
He’s making 25 mil a year now. Hence, doing something right, even if it’s just being in the right place at the right time.

You’ll never know what a politician or media personality truly believes. All you have to go on is what they say. Beck sounds like a conservative libertarian, so you might as well consider him such. There is no shortage of people who are openly hostile to libertarian, conservative and capitalist ideas, so why go after the people who are on your side, even if only in rhetoric?

Bill O’Reilly is another example. He attracts flak from all sides. Personally, I have never had a problem with him. The way I see it, he is right on at least 75% of the issues, so what is there to complain about? I’d rather go after influential people who are wrong nearly 100% of the time. Wouldn’t you?

As usual, people aren’t thinking rationally. You should never profess to “love” or “hate” a person you haven’t met. It’s sheer idiocy.[/quote]

Thank you, it is amazing how many people say they hate or love someone and yet have never met anyone more influential than their grandparents.

Best Beck show ever in my opinion. I posted this on the 13th of November, but they replayed it today and it reminded me of how good it was. Largely a room full of minority guests a few of which REALLY understand what the hell is going on.

I enabled direct links underneath the embedded player to make downloading easy. You don’t have to sit there on my wife’s site. Download it and use VLC or something to watch it when you get a chance. Beck is not perfect, but shows like this are where he and it are at their best.

http://gregnmary.gotdns.com:8080/index.php/topic,102.0.html

I try to absorb as many opinions as possible and then draw my own conclusions. That’s what makes this country great, everyone can feel differently.

My opinion, Obama has done NOTHING for this country. Besides triple the deficit, made the economy worse and hasn’t followed through with one of his campaign promises. In fact he sends more troops over to Afghanistan/Iraq. The guy is eloquent for sure, so much so they gave him a peace prize for “vision.” I am glad I didn’t vote for him, I knew he would be horrible. His disregard of the unborn is NO different and he can NOT control himself. I bet he smokes a typical pack a day, probably more. People went for the popular vote and it’s sad.

Glen Beck calls it like he see’s it. It might be different because he see’s things that are not the SAME! Is he perfect? No one is. Obama sure as hell isn’t. People attack Glen because he gives his opinion and gets paid handsomely for it. So? Better than telling lies as the leader of our country.

Here’s part 2 of the “Time to be Heard” forum, part one of which was above.

http://gregnmary.gotdns.com:8080/index.php/topic,102.new.html#new