Gladiator vs. Braveheart

With all the 300 posts mentioning these two movies I wanted to know which one you guys think is better.

Braveheart or Gladiator? Or even 300?

My list would go out of these three movies…

1. Gladiator
  2. Braveheart
  3. 300

Gladiator

Gladiator

havent seen 300, but braveheart.

Gladiator and Braveheart are completly equal in every way as awesome epics. I could not pick one outright…

Although I am, obviously, partial to Braveheart… Stephen of Ireland and all that.

Braveheart. The whole Scottish/Irish thing does it for me. Plus I like wearing kilts!

Robocop would win.

Braveheart for me, with Gladiator and 300 a very close second and third, respectively.

Did anybody happen to catch the History Channel special about the real story on William Wallace? It was very interesting. Recent research and evidence has shown that he was most likely a highly educated citizen of noble blood, perhaps even having spent some time in a monastery, among other things.

The special also recreates some of the battles and castles of Scotland around Wallace’s time. Highly recommended.

I can’t pick between them… though I find the ending to Gladiator a bit more satisfying.

I really enjoy when Maximus reveals his identity and swears his revenge.

It would be nice if DVD movies gave you a random outcome between several workable events for various significant plot events. It would make it much less onerous when watching the movie over again as you couldn’t be sure how things would turn out (this viewing).

Hey, somebody connect me with the movie industry!!!

Gladiator.

Braveheart was the first, and had the bloodiest battle scenes in my opinion.
But I absolutely loved the other two movies too.

both Gladiator and Braveheart are bad ass

WTF - Braveheart doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence at Gladiator. Gladiator is by a country mile the better film. Best part of Braveheart is when the do him in at the end!!!

While Gladiator’s a good movie, it’s not on the same level as Braveheart.

[quote]vroom wrote:
I can’t pick between them… though I find the ending to Gladiator a bit more satisfying.

I really enjoy when Maximus reveals his identity and swears his revenge.

[/quote]

I agree. That’s my favorite part of the movie, it gives me goosebumps every time I see that part.

Gladiator:Historical fiction with factual elements…
Braveheart:Historical fact with fictional elements…

Braveheart. Brilliant film. I get very cut up at the end.

Gladiator.

I’d put “Rob Roy” in my top 5 tough-guy movies.

Gladiator
Braveheart
Rob Roy
Patton

[quote]supermick wrote:
WTF - Braveheart doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence at Gladiator. Gladiator is by a country mile the better film. Best part of Braveheart is when the do him in at the end!!![/quote]

i’m with supermick on this. braveheart is cheeze-whiz. nice call to the guy who mentioned “rob roy”, that’s a sweet movie. and i’d like to add " the duellists" an early movie(1977) also directed by ridley scott w/ harvey keitel, keith carradine, and albert phinney ! this movie kicks ass. check it out !

300 is freshest, and we’re always atracted to something new. No way to be impartial here.

Gladiator over Braveheart any second.

In 5 years, possibly Gladiator over 300.