T Nation

Giving Up My Four Egg Routine

Usually I have been eating 4 eggs a day along with all of my other dailies like oatmeal,bread, turkey, protein powder, peanut butter, etc. The problem is, I believe I am damaging my health by eating so much frikin cholesterol. Now I know that eggs have “good cholestoral,” in them, but how much of any cholestoral do I really need?

Acording to the FDA, 1 egg provides more than half of the amount of cholestoral needed for a human being. HALF. ANd when you add in all the protein powder and lean meats, it seems a little health damaging! My question, (which is different from my story) is does cholesterol cooralate with blood pressure? Meaning, if I have high blood pressure, do I automatically have high cholesterol or is it possible to have low/normal blood pressure and have high cholesterol?

Dude if you’re that worried about your cholesterol, you might want to quit bodybuilding pretty soon.

if youre that scared get your cholesterol levels checked…

the FDA will also tell you eating more than 60g of protein is bad.

read up a bit more on dietary cholesterol you seem to have a vague grasp of it, there’s a good article here on T-Nation you can read.

the eggs aren’t hurting you. and no cholesterol does not correlate with high blood pressure.

if you choose to remain paranoid about it, turkey sausage and buffalo make great breakfasts

More eggs for me.

There are people that eat two dozen eggs a day. I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

I eat a dozen a day when at home. My cholesterol isn’t the best, but who cares.

Try eating only egg whites. You still get a lot of the protein but it cuts back immensely on the cholesterol and added fat calories.

[quote]The Bambino wrote:
Dude if you’re that worried about your cholesterol, you might want to quit bodybuilding pretty soon. [/quote]

HAHA. Yeah maybe in a few years.

[quote]sgraas89 wrote:
Try eating only egg whites. You still get a lot of the protein but it cuts back immensely on the cholesterol and added fat calories.[/quote]

This is actually what i was thinking. but I was thinking of replacing the fat from eggs with fat from peanut butter, (an exchange. if you will) After all, I do want to get some fat.

[quote]PB-Crawl wrote:
if youre that scared get your cholesterol levels checked…

the FDA will also tell you eating more than 60g of protein is bad.

read up a bit more on dietary cholesterol you seem to have a vague grasp of it, there’s a good article here on T-Nation you can read.

the eggs aren’t hurting you. and no cholesterol does not correlate with high blood pressure.

if you choose to remain paranoid about it, turkey sausage and buffalo make great breakfasts[/quote]

That’s true. I definitely exceed the 60g per day. I’m guessing most people on this site do. I think I found the link to that article and I 'll post it once I’m done reading it. Thanks

[quote]Westclock wrote:
More eggs for me.[/quote]

YOu might have to fight Waylander for them.

Just as dietary fat does not equal body fat, cholestoral in eggs has nothing to do with a person’s blood cholestoral. This science is bunk and has been for a while.

Here is an article that kind of discusses it. http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_interviews/the_truth_about_nutrition

Bottom line, eat your damn egg yolks.

[quote]Stength4life wrote:
Westclock wrote:
More eggs for me.

YOu might have to fight Waylander for them. [/quote]

haha

[quote]Stength4life wrote:
That’s true. I definitely exceed the 60g per day. I’m guessing most people on this site do. [/quote]

No fuckin way.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
I eat a dozen a day when at home. My cholesterol isn’t the best, but who cares.[/quote]

Clearly the OP. You seem to be confusing you with everyone.

[quote]McG78 wrote:
Just as dietary fat does not equal body fat, cholestoral in eggs has nothing to do with a person’s blood cholestoral. This science is bunk and has been for a while.

Here is an article that kind of discusses it. http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_interviews/the_truth_about_nutrition

Bottom line, eat your damn egg yolks.[/quote]

He’s right, which you could have found out with just a little research.

Anyway, cholesterol turns into testosterone.

I eat 12 eggs a day along with about 2 lbs of red meat.

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
[/quote]

x2. Between 6-12 eggs on any given day. It’s 9am as I type and I’ve already had 6 eggs and 1/2 lb of Haddock leftover from last night.

Oh, yeah, 4 years ago, my cholesterol/triglycerides were through the roof. Today, not so much, in fact, LDL and Tri’s are ‘normal’ and HDL is ‘high-normal’.

Now, where’s the bacon?

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
McG78 wrote:

Bottom line, eat your damn egg yolks.

He’s right, which you could have found out with just a little research.

Anyway, cholesterol turns into testosterone.

[/quote]

These guys are right…besides there are a ton of good things in egg yolks that are good for your general health and wellness. So eat them – I have eaten up to 6 per day and my cholesterol is perfect…What I do not eat is animal fat. I trim it, cook it off; avoid it like the plague.

I eat 5 a day, my cholesterol is fine.

I eat 10 whole eggs a day, my blood lipid levels are great- actually improved after I started eating more whole eggs. Anyone who tosses out the yolks is stupid, they contain half the protein in the egg!