Giving a Guy Your Phone Number Without Him Asking?

I thought the exact same thing!

1 Like

Just a little additional information - this is also called tactical breathing and used by Navy Seals in combat. A little different than a social environment, but more useful than people realize.

I use Insight Timer, it’s a great app.

In training we called this a felt sense meditation. Checking in while concentrating on the breath, checking our body for any sense of heaviness or pain, then breathing into that area and seeing what emotions come up - admittedly a little woo woo, but useful as well.

For me, when I suffer from anxiety, it’s helpful to remind myself that I am okay right now, I’m safe. Then shifting to a body scan gets me more present.

Brilliant. In Kundalini we suspend the breath after an inhale often. Won’t get into the why, but it often reminds my if my miscreant days getting stoned.

And relationship is just “Really Exciting Love Affair, Turns Into Outrageous Nightmare, Sanity Hangs In Peril”

2 Likes

While Single is “Stay Intoxicated Nightly, Get Laid Everyday”

2 Likes

Dropping nuggets.

1 Like

What’s Love?

Baby don’t hurt me.

Okay I’m ready now for the thread to be deleted ,
,mods hello .

Hello mods I humbly request you please delete my thread .

I’m very happy and I dont want to ruin it lol

Thanks
-spock

2 Likes

Yeah, they never delete the thread.

Despite many disagreements on this thread about how to handle certain situations, I genuinely believe everyone who replied only wanted this exact outcome for you. Perhaps there’s someone else who felt the way you felt at the beginning of this thread. Maybe they’ll see everything leading up to how you feel now and it will help them. There is some golden advice here. We can stop replying to this thread, but I think it’s a good one and we should let it live!

1 Like

Oh no, don’t get me wrong, I love this thread.
I just feel a tremendous amount of guilt knowing in the back of my mind there has been this huge discussion about him and his actions lol.

I don’t know exactly why things changed, but this person is very obviously smitten with me now. He wanted to hang out two days in a row, and was very disappointed when I cancelled. I thought he might be relieved.
Do you have any idea how much I talk for someone to be willing to hang with me two days in a row?!?
And he compliments me allll the time , and is enamored with my muscles.

I visited his cubicle on Friday and it was this 10 minute long giggle, goofy smile fest.

I dunno , a switch flipped and he realized quinoa is pretty great after all.

I am glad this thread existed, and I think it helped me a great deal. But I feel super guilty about all of it now that we’re at this point.

You shouldn’t. There’s no betrayal of him in here, at least not on your part, and your journey may be interesting to look back on. Maybe the Cory thing won’t last and the thread will be here for you to review as you move along to the next challenge. I also think you’ll probably encounter more bumps as things get more serious with Cory, if they do. So you may have need of it yet.

This thread actually prompted me to look back at my own dating stuff here. It’s fascinating to me, like reading an old diary, but with other people in it. And it was cool to see my now-husband appear. He went weeks without kissing me - it was a definite confusion/concern.

As with the dating stuff itself, don’t worry so much. It’s just a thread about your process, nothing to feel ashamed of or self-conscious about. You’re a really nice person, and THAT is what is reflected in this thread. Maybe someday you’ll tell him about the thread; if so you’ll know each other well enough that it’ll be fine. I disclosed it to my husband as we became serious, but in a positive “and that’s how I got you” way. He was a little startled, but being a good-natured, accepting guy, it was fine.

5 Likes

Yeah I really liked this thread also as I started talking/dating to a girl I fancy and this has maybe helped me a little lol

1 Like

He’s just a very private person.

Its mentally bothersome for this thread to still be here.

Mods plz delete

Thanks

thanks
-spock

If this thread is gone, how could we all show up at your rehearsal dinner and each dramatically read our posts to the crowd?!

8 Likes

@Chris_Colucci Can this thread be deleted at the creator’s request? To avoid mental stress and potential future embarrassment for her?

1 Like