Giving a Guy Your Phone Number Without Him Asking?

this makes absolutely zero sense to me. Telling someone you like them involves zero commitment, lol. I decide if I ‘like’ someone after… I dunno, 1 conversation? I can’t even imagine having any sort of reluctance to tell someone I like them if we’ve stayed up laughing and hanging out til 3am on multiple occasions. The sex doesn’t even have anything to do with it. Hell, I would think it a common courtesy to say ‘I like you too’. Why make a big deal out of it?

Actually, I can answer that. The dude sucks. that’s why he can’t even get a simple conversation right.

5 Likes

I love this post !!!

Or Keith. Maybe a Brandon or a Cameron.

Kyle, it’s gotta be Kyle.

Let’s be honest here - THIS dude is a Todd. All the way.

2 Likes

he could be a Chad.

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly…he’s an ultra cautious super gentleman who doesn’t wanna rush things and is down for casual sex but doesn’t wanna commit to displaying as much interest as I give to my wife’s cat? I like that cat. There. Not that tough.

2 Likes

Well, your wife has a cool pussy.

3 Likes

SEE that’s how I feel!!! Its just an I like you !!! I don’t hang out with people for hours if I dont like them! Its a pretty easy thing to know !!
Arg !!

And you’re welcome to stroke it.

Any. Time.

1 Like

Did things just get weird?

I feel like things just got weird.

7 Likes

What happened? I blacked out.

3 Likes

I’m going to pet a cat, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Or, I’m going to stroke his wife’s pussy, in which case shit just got weird.

2 Likes

It’s all fun and game till someone coughs up a fur ball.

Petting the pussy does not contribute to fur balls. That would require eating the pussy.

2 Likes

ahem

(hides cat like a guilty 3 year old)

1 Like

Interesting. There’s an entire group of people devoted to licking pussy.

You sir, are a cunning linguist.

A guy that insecure may need a little time to figure things out. Spock is that insecure, but she’s definitely worth the time and effort it takes to get to know her. Heck, this guy could be over angsting out to all his homies on the Monopoly message board about how he doesn’t know what to do about this awesome chick he met at work and he thinks she’s into him but then he’s not sure and he’s going crazy about it but trying to play it cool and getting all this good but conflicting advice… I can’t speak to his motives, but I’ve done some pretty dumbass things because I had no social skills whatsoever with the opposite sex, as soon as there was any sort of mutual attraction. I was great at being friends, but I totally fucked it up once I was interested in someone or knew they were interested in me. I learned and became a more functional person, but there are episodes in my past that I can still think back on with extreme cringe.

Of course, being on the spectrum, I’ve had to train myself with a whole mental database of acceptable responses to things I expected to hear, and if someone said or did something that I wasn’t prepared for I would often freeze up or blurt out something totally inappropriate. It took me years to build enough of a social database to be able to function in most situations. Heck, when I was like 8, on my birthday, my mom’s best friend shouted ‘happy birthday!’ down from the balcony above me when I was outside playing, and I didn’t know she was there and it took me completely by surprise, my brain froze up, and my response was ‘Thanks, Mrs. Schwinn, but I’ve had enough happy birthday without you.’ Yeah, I’ve got a thousand things like that, that I can remember with perfect clarity and cringe, when I need something to keep me up at night.

Sorry, went off on a tangent there. Don’t give him the benefit of the doubt forever, but don’t just assume he’s a player who’s going to ghost you now that he got what he wanted, or neg you to try to keep you on the line. I definitely think you’re self-aware enough to recognize that shit when it happens, now that you’ve worked yourself mostly out of your initial infatuation.

2 Likes

It is a gateway word to commitment words lol

4 Likes

What you’ll notice is @Spock81 has liked just about every comment in this thread. To her, likes are freely given out, almost as a courtesy.

Others are very protective of their likes and rarely hand them out. Their likes are special, only given out to those that truly deserve it. I feel our Cory/Kyle would fit into this category.

The important question is how do we add a “Not sure if I like this yet” button to the forum?

6 Likes