Give Me a Rating

I’m wondering what idiot is having 13 yr olds doing any type of max testing.

Hell ! You’re 13 years old and overweighted. Seek good help for healthy habits to develop and just play plenty of sports and have fun !

[quote]zdrax wrote:
Are your parents overweight? If they are, and you’re 13 y/o, you may have a very difficult time getting down to a healthy weight. I was 5’8" and 185 and my heaviest, and just plain disgusting (41" waist). I can’t even imagine how much excess weight you’re carrying around.

Being 13, I’m not sure if you have the discipline to persue any serious eating or training strategy. Here are some very basic recommendations that your parents may be able to accomodate you with.

1. No candy, sodas, or fruit juices. This may be tough since it’s the “cool” thing to drink pop. It was the “cool” thing even up through high school to cut class and go get a coke and talk on your cell phone. It took me six months before I fully stopped drinking soda. Fruit juices took about a year. It’s tough being a kid in the US when all of your friends are eating 3 Big Macs, 2 large fries, and a shake at McDonalds and sporting ripped abdomens, and you’re fat and eat way less than them. Trust me, I was there.

2. Try to get some physical activity for 30 minutes a day. Whether this is taking a walk with your parents, playing catch, soccer, whatever, try to do it. I’m sure you’ve been teased and insulted because of your weight, and hence shied away from sports (I know I did). I would seriously recommend martial arts training. The discipline it will help instill in you will benefit enormously in your life and in your future weightlifting pursuits.
    [/quote]
    I did do martial arts, im a black belt in mai young and an orange belt in combat hapkido and im trained in jo staff and knives

I’m actually laughing out loud.

I do play paintball which keeps me on my feet running, i play a little street football, i playd soccer, and im a black belt in karate. I have been gaining weight,but im trying to get a lot of protein in me. I could of done more on the leg press, a lot more but my dad said i was gonna rip my muscles if i did. I did lift a little when i was 11.

I am very concerned about my weight, thats y im lifting and changing my diet. the meet was like something to just git our muscles workin and in shape. well thanks for the insults and i didnt see any advice on how to improve my lifitng. im goin again 2nite, so im aimin for some more wieght.

[quote]pbdevil13 wrote:
I do play paintball which keeps me on my feet running, i play a little street football, i playd soccer, and im a black belt in karate. I have been gaining weight,but im trying to get a lot of protein in me. I could of done more on the leg press, a lot more but my dad said i was gonna rip my muscles if i did. I did lift a little when i was 11.

I am very concerned about my weight, thats y im lifting and changing my diet. the meet was like something to just git our muscles workin and in shape. well thanks for the insults and i didnt see any advice on how to improve my lifitng. im goin again 2nite, so im aimin for some more wieght.[/quote]

Read the beginner thread, and do any of the full body workouts listed there. I’d recommend at least sets of 12 reps.

I’d also recommend cutting all crap out of your diet, doing more fun sports stuff, and forget about bicep curls for a while.

You’re 13, don’t go overboard, but it certainly wouldn’t hurt to get you under 20% body fat. Have you talked to your doctor about losing fat?

Kid, If you are serious you need to lose a lot of weight.

I am not sure what you do in the gym, but I suggest walking/running every night for at least an hour. Not on the treadmill, but outside.

Then do your homework.

Then do 200 push ups and 200 bodyweight squats. You can break them up into sets of 25.

Then go to bed.

Eat a good breakfast in the morning. Preferably eggs.

Do not eat sugary cereal. Do not eat any candy or doughnuts. Do not drink soda or juice. Stick to water.

Don’t worry about how much weight you can lift for a few years. Do a lot of bodyweight exercises.

Good luck.

At your age I weighed around 110 kgs.(240).No I’m 19 and weigh 83 kgs.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to lose weight.It’ll happen by itself once you start eating clean,healthy and start moving a bit more.

Plus the chicks,man.The chicks :wink:

260+ lbs and a Black Belt?

Boy. I gotta see this.

[quote]Mediated Life wrote:
260+ lbs and a Black Belt?

Boy. I gotta see this. [/quote]

You can’t miss it.

That must be one, big, black, belt. Doesn’t it take about 5 years or so to become a black belt?

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
That must be one, big, black, belt. Doesn’t it take about 5 years or so to become a black belt? [/quote]

Your skill is measured in pounds now.

i started karate when i was 3 and i got my black belt when i was 9

Uh, I’m going to say one thing and then stay out of this mess.

Being concerned about how to lift more is the least of your worries. You say you are concerned about your weight? Stop eating ALL soda, candy, and unhealthy fats (hamburgers, hot dogs, fast food, anything cooked in butter, etc.), start eating a lot more vegetables and fruits, and as far as activities go, do whichever is most fun for you that gets your heart rate pumping the fastest, even if it’s only for short bursts of time. Football is great for this.

That being said, I think you’re a troll, but in case it’s for real, I can’t help but give advice.

[quote]pbdevil13 wrote:

I am very concerned about my weight, thats y im lifting and changing my diet. the meet was like something to just git our muscles workin and in shape. well thanks for the insults and i didnt see any advice on how to improve my lifitng. im goin again 2nite, so im aimin for some more wieght.[/quote]

[quote]Professor X wrote:
lostinthought wrote:
That must be one, big, black, belt. Doesn’t it take about 5 years or so to become a black belt?

Your skill is measured in pounds now.[/quote]

The way this country is headed as far as exercise and nutrition goes, I wouldn’t be that surprised.

Nate, that is very wrong. Please remove.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
pbdevil13 wrote:

I am very concerned about my weight, thats y im lifting and changing my diet. the meet was like something to just git our muscles workin and in shape. well thanks for the insults and i didnt see any advice on how to improve my lifitng. im goin again 2nite, so im aimin for some more wieght.

[/quote]

How bout a picture, buddy?

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
I can’t tell a troll at all, so you fellas might be right…its my good nature to trust that people are being truthful. But at 13 yrs. old, no one should way 250 lbs. You are probably in the running for the youngest man to have a stroke…and yea, how did you find this site? It isn’t quite meant for guys your age.[/quote]

Why is it not meant for people who are 13? I lifted when I was 13 for football. I wish I knew about shit like this when I was 13. And I think the guy could use some help with the weight thing.

Any way man read up on some of the nutrition stuff and try and get a good hold on it. Look under the articles on the left and see what you can find.

Goku

ok, i just got back from weightlifting. I had a major improvement on my leg press, from 220lbs. to 360lbs. I can do over my weight now. On my lat pull downs I went from 55lbs. to 75lbs.