Gironda Press

CT, what’s your take on the Gironda Press, also called the neck press?
Do you look at it as an exercise that can be the only one a trainee uses and still build a respectable chest as far as mass and proportion goes?

in my experience, it always hurt my shoulders…

the only way i found it to be safe and ‘feel’ good was to use bands to lighten the load at the bottom

I think that it does builds the chest pretty well,however you are likely to get pains and injuries especially as you increase the poundage. Not sure if the shoulder pains are worth it

[quote]stevekweli wrote:
I think that it does builds the chest pretty well,however you are likely to get pains and injuries especially as you increase the poundage. Not sure if the shoulder pains are worth it[/quote]
I don’t get any pain from it, I don’t use a wide grip

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[quote]stevekweli wrote:
I think that it does builds the chest pretty well,however you are likely to get pains and injuries especially as you increase the poundage. Not sure if the shoulder pains are worth it[/quote]
I don’t get any pain from it, I don’t use a wide grip[/quote]

Bigs, for what it’s worth, I too have been doing the Gironda neck press. A couple of things I do might be helpful, maybe not.

I do it last in my chest workout so my chest is already tired. Keeps the pound ages down.

I go no lower then ten reps.

I actually go high on upper chest rather than the neck. I can still feel this pretty damn well in my upper chest area, much better then inclines of any sort.

I also do not use a wide grip, probably a little wide then shoulder width.

No problems so far so I’m sticking with them.

Good luck.