Girly-Man Nation

[quote]ALDurr wrote:
Americans men are turning into punks more and more every day because the challenges that our fathers, grandfathers and so on are not there anymore. Everything is spoon-fed to us. Nobody has to work for anything anymore. We have become increasingly lazy.

Think about this, 100 years ago we didn’t have nearly as many gyms that exists now, but people, overall, were in better physical condition. You would think that with gyms available everywhere, we would be a nation of strong, healthy people, but we are not.

We are lazier because work ethic is not as attractive as instant gratification, which has been marketed to Americans on a daily basis. “Want to lose weight, take a pill and do 6 min. Abs”, “Want to make more money without half as much work, sign up for my new course”, “Can’t find the love of your life, try speed dating”. It’s ridiculous!

Sorry about the rant, but this topic really pushes my buttons.[/quote]

You know I have to agree with you on this one. The other day while flipping through the channels I caught this show I think on MTV where this rich kid who was the son of a high powdered hip hop producer mogul and Pebbles a singer from the nineties (Let me ride in your Mercedes boy), had to have the best sixteenth birthday party ever.

The kid was at least thirty pounds if not more overweight, but lived like a king with his dads attendants at his beck and call. He was going to die if his party wasn’t just right and if P-Diddy (or whatever he calls himself now) and Kanye west didn’t attend and his limo didn’t drop him off at the party just right.

All of the kids at his upper east side school thought he was the hero of the day for his party. Made me think it’s a sad day in America when a kid who hasn’t done shit and whose health was shit could be worshipped like that. But, I guess money makes the world go round.

D

The New York Post. People read that?

[quote]JD430 wrote:
If you speak to a man from two or three generations ago, by and large, there was a very different outlook on life. They didn’t expect someone to solve all of their problems, they didn’t expect to be handed anything from anyone and they generally had a tougher mentality.

I don’t know what happened, but I can tell you that smoking an eating shit food isn’t all there is to it.[/quote]

Totally agree!!! We need more “tougher” men!

[quote]Scrappy wrote:
The New York Post. People read that?[/quote]

Actually heard it on the radio, first. I get really bored at work so I search the internet alot.

Just found that a woman in FL ducktaped her 2 and 3 year old sons together at home while she went to work as a NAVAL OFFICER!!!

Crazy Shit!!!

[quote]Jerseygirl97 wrote:
Scrappy wrote:

Actually heard it on the radio, first. I get really bored at work so I search the internet alot.

Just found that a woman in FL ducktaped her 2 and 3 year old sons together at home while she went to work as a NAVAL OFFICER!!!

Crazy Shit!!![/quote]

Get back to work!

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Jerseygirl97 wrote:
Scrappy wrote:

Crazy Shit!!!

Get back to work! [/quote]

We are all posting on here to kill time whether it is our own or others.
It makes no difference to me!
Just counting down to the gym.

Wow I really hate my job, HAHAHA!!!

Scrappy wrote:

Crazy Shit!!![/quote]

She didn’t work at Abu Ghraib by any chance did she (hides from slap)?

On topic, yeah, I agree that it’s not just diet and smoking. They’re symptoms. Ask anyone who eats a lot for their reasons, and comfort pops up. Same with smokers (well, at least in my experience).

I think the “I want someone else to solve my problem” attitude isn’t just in the US. I see it whenever I visit relatives in India and Canada. The difference is that, in the US, if you really want something, you can actually go out and get it.

[quote]Avoids Roids wrote:
A drop in smoking causes a drop in T levels? Then that must mean that smoking raises T levels. Sounds like a great study. I better ask Santa for some dresses this year.[/quote]

Nicotine is an anti - estrogen. Anytime you have less E floating around you will see an increase in test.

Not that I would recommend it. Although a nicotine patch would be a nice little cycle of anti - E, given that its properly cycled…Er, nevermind, there are too many idiotic 18 year olds on this site.

One statement - Xenoestrogens.

well between an aging population and the way foods are processed, i’m not sure why anyone is suprised.

Any thoughts from the T-men?[/quote]

I think most guys in Western Society need a can of ‘Harden the Fuck Up.’

Meterosexuals are the death of our society. How could anyone think that Test wouldn’t be down with fuckwits running around calling themselves Meterosexuals?

By the way. How do I get one of those picture things under my name?

Men don’t get raised by men anymore. From the age of the industrial revolution, men started to leave the home in the morning and come home late at night when the kids are asleep leaving pre school boys to be raised by the women. Pre industrial revolution, men would predominantly be working in agriculture with other men of all ages, usually uncles, granfathers etc, where young boys could draw experience and knowledge in 'how to be a man’from. There was a network of men to help nurture young boys in the art of being a man.

But check it out now. Dad’s works really long hours til late and when he gets home he’s knackered and just wants to relax. Any active fathering that does occur is very short before the boy gets ‘let’s leave daddy alone, he’s tired’ Families tend not to live together anymore hence no other male role models to draw from(uncles, grandfathers etc)
Most school teachers are now women.

1 in 3 marriages end in divorce where on average after 1 year, most men never see their kids again and if they do what is it? Every second weekend?

This is not a blight on all the hard working single mums in the world because bloody hell, they have it hard enough but, a woman can’t teach a boy how to be a man.

So where does that leave us? Where do young boys look for positive male role models? The movies? Politicians? Rappers?

It’s the very nature of masculinity crumbling before our very eye’s. Men have to get involved again. Men have to set the standards to be looked up to. Men have to do it. T-men, not girly men. Think about it. Who taught you how to be a man?

[quote]stockzy wrote:
It’s the very nature of masculinity crumbling before our very eye’s. Men have to get involved again. Men have to set the standards to be looked up to. Men have to do it. T-men, not girly men. Think about it. Who taught you how to be a man?
[/quote]

Mate. I went to Sydney a while back and my gag reflex got one hell of a workout.

I don’t know what it is about that city but the cross dressers, poofters, and ‘meterosexuals’ make me wonder what the hell is going on.

Shows like ‘Queer Eye’ are miss-shaping our youth. If those Queers turned up at my door it would be “Black eye for they Gay guy”.

Heaven forbid we ever go to war. The rule is: No women in combat roles. What the fuck are we going to do when the world goes to war and we need to conscript soldiers? I know plenty of sheilas I’d rather lug around a Steyr than your typical Sydneysider.

Chips Raffety signing out.

[quote]Chips Raffety wrote:

Mate. I went to Sydney a while back and my gag reflex got one hell of a workout.

I don’t know what it is about that city but the cross dressers, poofters, and ‘meterosexuals’ make me wonder what the hell is going on.

Shows like ‘Queer Eye’ are miss-shaping our youth. If those Queers turned up at my door it would be “Black eye for they Gay guy”.

[/quote]

LOL. Sounds like you paid a visit to King’s Cross. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

[quote]Avoids Roids wrote:
LOL. Sounds like you paid a visit to King’s Cross. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!
[/quote]

Not quite. Just Oxford St.

I would have started swinging people if I ended up in the Cross. Although I can handle drug fucked girls.

I knew a guy who lost his virginity at the cross on stage with some stripper/hooker.

I live and work in Kings Cross. Let’s just say it’s not the right suburb to be antagonising the locals…
There’s a reason the american sailors are not allowed come around in uniform anymore. They kept finding them dead in the laneways…
As for Oxford street, what did you expect? It’s the gay capital of australia.

[quote]stockzy wrote:
I live and work in Kings Cross. Let’s just say it’s not the right suburb to be antagonising the locals…
There’s a reason the american sailors are not allowed come around in uniform anymore. They kept finding them dead in the laneways…
As for Oxford street, what did you expect? It’s the gay capital of australia.[/quote]

Manly gays, like in Police Academy. Nah, I knew if was going to be bad, but not that bad. I even had my arse grabbed. Some might think that is flattering for an old coot like myself, but the thought of it repulses me.

[quote]Manly gays, like in Police Academy. Nah, I knew if was going to be bad, but not that bad. I even had my arse grabbed. Some might think that is flattering for an old coot like myself, but the thought of it repulses me.

[/quote]

Yeah it’s pretty full on the first time you walk up that street. Nothing like 7 foot transvestites (in heels!)singing dancing queen by ABBA! but like most things you just get de sensitised to it after a while. You must be pretty buff if they pinched ya, Chips…Haha…!

[quote]stockzy wrote:
Yeah it’s pretty full on the first time you walk up that street. Nothing like 7 foot transvestites (in heels!)singing dancing queen by ABBA! but like most things you just get de sensitised to it after a while. You must be pretty buff if they pinched ya, Chips…Haha…![/quote]

I think he smelt the fear. He knew I was a fish out of water so he tried to make things as awkward as possible.

[quote]stockzy wrote:
Yeah it’s pretty full on the first time you walk up that street. Nothing like 7 foot transvestites (in heels!)singing dancing queen by ABBA! [/quote]

I know what you mean.