T Nation

Girls Reactions and Bodybuilding

Im making a thread because after reading a recent thread im curious to see how girls react with bodybuilding. Im only in high school and since I started the whole eat, train, rest system I havent had a gf. Im curious to hear storys or expirences with girls and this lifestlye. DO most support it? or have problems dealing with it?

If you get obsessive about it, you will run someone off who is not also obsessive about it.

And contrary to popular belief, not all women want a dude with huge muscles. Be a well rounded individual. Nothing wrong with being obsessive about it, it’s one of the better things to be obsessed about. But don’t be a big dumb ogre and you’ll do fine.

Shit, diet down to a six pack and you’ll do the best with women, sadly, lol.

haha yea I just made this because I was curious more than anything. Im going to be a beast weather people like it or not haha

girls generally dont like the look, or the food choices i make(high protein diet)…hell i’ve been told by girls im intimidating, a gorilla and that my arms are gross(there around 17-17.5inches)…women…sheesh

Well I guess as long as the weather people like it, it’s okay.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
Shit, diet down to a six pack and you’ll do the best with women, sadly, lol.[/quote]

The sad truth.

Women dont mind guys that are “built” they just dont want a ronnie coleman. They wont mind an arnold or a frank zane. Most of the “classical” builders, they actually think are good looking. Its just the mass monsters that turn them off.

Worthwhile girls like guys with good health habits. Don’t overthink it.

I’m second best to a soy powered surfer boy, so in my area a being a bodybuilder don’t mean shit. I had girl but I decided to take bodybuilding more seriously and you know how it goes. Some women can handle it though. My mom did with my step-dad and look at Cutler.

Please refer to my lengthy posts in the “What the Fuck Happened?!” thread that is ongoing right now.

I will state my thought once again: most people, including women, do not give a shit about a muscle! They really do not! Digest that!

At your age, it also depends on the kind of woman that you want to attract. If you are going to be rigid and disciplined, then you are definitely going to be scratching some women off of your selection list. You might want to go for a more ordinary, plain, cerebral, intellectual woman. However, if you want to meet some voluptuous, thriil seeking, sexual, big titted hotties, being a stoic bodybuilder MIGHT not cut it, at least in most cases that I have seen. I have been there in college, being rigid with the gym and school. It can work but you really haev to learn how to organize your time to fit in socializing and dating and fucking chics.

Being disciplined to 15 to 21 year old girls is not being disciplined. Its being a fucking tight ass, a stiff! Being frugal is not being frugal. It’s being a fucking cheapskate! When you reach your mid 20s and beyond, your discipline and rigidity might serve you very well in all areas of life, work and women included. But for now as a young guy, make the decision as to what you want and make necessary adjustments to get your social, romantic, and sexual needs met. It might mean staying out late SOMETIMES. It might mean getting a B+ instead of an A. Its called balance.

It has affected my relationships with women. As stated by I a million times, women do not give a shit about chicken and rice every three hours, your gym visits, lugging around coolers of food with you in a mall, making special orders in restaurants, not getting wasted sometimes, getting 7 to 9 hours of sleep, etc, etc, etc. None of these things are FUN! To me, the whole lifestyle is rewarding and fun. To most women, to most people, it is completely alien. Some women will definitely want to fuck you because of your buff body, but most do not like the rituals it took to get that body. There are exceptions and I have chosen to find those exceptions.

It is the same thing with friendships. I have befriended like minded individuals. I do not like, nor do I want to stay out at clubs until 4 AM. I get exhausted! I do not like much alcohol. I do not give a shit about TV AT ALL! I do not own one! However, despite these things, I make adjustments to see my old time friends regularly, make time for a woman or at least getting laid, to see my family, and to cheat on my diet and have a fucking brew here and there. I am not going to be Dorian Yates, nor will I ever make a living off of being a bodybuilder, unlike the few DOZEN men in this world who can do so!

Think about what I am saying here.

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
msd0060 wrote:

The sad truth.

Women dont mind guys that are “built” they just dont want a ronnie coleman. They wont mind an arnold or a frank zane. Most of the “classical” builders, they actually think are good looking. Its just the mass monsters that turn them off.[/quote]

Nobody around here needs to worry about being “a ronnie coleman” any time soon.

[quote]allNatural wrote:
ahzaz wrote:
msd0060 wrote:

The sad truth.

Women dont mind guys that are “built” they just dont want a ronnie coleman. They wont mind an arnold or a frank zane. Most of the “classical” builders, they actually think are good looking. Its just the mass monsters that turn them off.

Nobody around here needs to worry about being “a ronnie coleman” any time soon.
[/quote]

ha ha!

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
Please refer to my lengthy posts in the “What the Fuck Happened?!” thread that is ongoing right now.

I will state my thought once again: most people, including women, do not give a shit about a muscle! They really do not! Digest that!

At your age, it also depends on the kind of woman that you want to attract. If you are going to be rigid and disciplined, then you are definitely going to be scratching some women off of your selection list. You might want to go for a more ordinary, plain, cerebral, intellectual woman. However, if you want to meet some voluptuous, thriil seeking, sexual, big titted hotties, being a stoic bodybuilder MIGHT not cut it, at least in most cases that I have seen. I have been there in college, being rigid with the gym and school. It can work but you really haev to learn how to organize your time to fit in socializing and dating and fucking chics.

Being disciplined to 15 to 21 year old girls is not being disciplined. Its being a fucking tight ass, a stiff! Being frugal is not being frugal. It’s being a fucking cheapskate! When you reach your mid 20s and beyond, your discipline and rigidity might serve you very well in all areas of life, work and women included. But for now as a young guy, make the decision as to what you want and make necessary adjustments to get your social, romantic, and sexual needs met. It might mean staying out late SOMETIMES. It might mean getting a B+ instead of an A. Its called balance.

It has affected my relationships with women. As stated by I a million times, women do not give a shit about chicken and rice every three hours, your gym visits, lugging around coolers of food with you in a mall, making special orders in restaurants, not getting wasted sometimes, getting 7 to 9 hours of sleep, etc, etc, etc. None of these things are FUN! To me, the whole lifestyle is rewarding and fun. To most women, to most people, it is completely alien. Some women will definitely want to fuck you because of your buff body, but most do not like the rituals it took to get that body. There are exceptions and I have chosen to find those exceptions.

It is the same thing with friendships. I have befriended like minded individuals. I do not like, nor do I want to stay out at clubs until 4 AM. I get exhausted! I do not like much alcohol. I do not give a shit about TV AT ALL! I do not own one! However, despite these things, I make adjustments to see my old time friends regularly, make time for a woman or at least getting laid, to see my family, and to cheat on my diet and have a fucking brew here and there. I am not going to be Dorian Yates, nor will I ever make a living off of being a bodybuilder, unlike the few DOZEN men in this world who can do so!

Think about what I am saying here.
[/quote]

O no I totally know what your saying, its not like you cant do certain things sometimes, but you still have a way of life some people might not like. AS many girls as there are that might have a problem with it im sure you can find some hot girl who doesnt mind it. Thats when you have to separate the I have to party girls from the social girls.

For me it always worked out naturally, if i was partying - which i did in abundance as a young man and boy - then i met “party girls” in the kitchens, bars, gardens, bedrooms etc… If i was training more and looking after myself, i met the kinda girls who liked that, as they showed me they liked me with eye contact etc. when i met them in town or in a shop or bowling or wherever the fuck.

It depends on the circles you hang, if i was doing drugs and hanging in those circles, i met those girls, if i was not and being good, and hanging in THOSE circles, then i met different girls.

I do agree with the beginning off Bricknyce’s post that i read, where he said at 15-20, girls aren’t interested in “discipline” and stuff… they - as do the lads, see it as being boring! And if that is what the world at that age is telling you, then maybe lighten up until you are 21 or whenever you like, but make the most of the now - cause i dare say, If you lose out on that pussy when you are young, it will fail to teach you a lot about getting ass when you are in your mid to late 20’s… its a learning curve.

Life IS for living, i am lucky in that i lived a fucking hell of one, survived to tell the story, and managed to train just enough to STILL give me a decent start when i begun to focus my life on Bodybuilding and fitness :wink:

Joe

I think bodybuilding to ‘get the chick’ only works in that it helps your self confidence. No girls I have ever gone out with cared that I looked like a meathead. IN fact, if they hadn’t gotten to know me, it would have been a turn off (what can you do about stereotypes). I recall a few years ago, I had an injury, and dropped about 15 lbs. My girlfriend at the time liked it better because she was finally able to put her around around me if I was sleeping on my side -lol.

S

[quote]Joe Joseph wrote:
And if that is what the world at that age is telling you, then maybe lighten up until you are 21 or whenever you like, but make the most of the now - cause i dare say, If you lose out on that pussy when you are young, it will fail to teach you a lot about getting ass when you are in your mid to late 20’s… its a learning curve.

Joe[/quote]

That’s one of the best statements I’ve read, and it just rekindled the fire under my ass to get some vag.

Ya’ll have alot to bitch about.

If your personality and habits are worth liking, a girl will not reject over your passion for bodybuilding. Not one thats worth having.
If a woman is worth having she will support your goals. You can become a very successful bodybuilder without being a selfish self absorbed prick.

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
girls generally dont like the look, or the food choices i make(high protein diet)…hell i’ve been told by girls im intimidating, a gorilla and that my arms are gross(there around 17-17.5inches)…women…sheesh[/quote]

My nickname in college actually was Gorilla. Im not even that freakin big, but compared to most of the pencil necks out there, blamo. Ive only dated two chicks who liked the fact that Im muscular.

If your trying to pick up ladies based on an awesome, but big physique, go after ladies that are about ten years older then you. Trust me. 20 something year old chicks just dont like it as much as 30 year old chicks.

Every single time…

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
You can become a very successful bodybuilder without being a selfish self absorbed prick.[/quote]

Couldn’t agree with that more. I have an awesome social life. I’m out every weekend chilling with my guy/girl friends, while taking bodybuilding very seriously. When it’s time to train I train and devote myself to that training giving it my all. When my friends call me up I always work them into my schedule, it’s healthy and benefits my social and physical life.

I think there is a cut off point. I am NOT that big, about 180 at 5’9" and like 8% body fat or so, but I get compliments and comments all the time about my physique… It is very obvious that girls have no problem with the way I look. If I were another 30 pounds heavier and just as lean that might be a different story… I’ll tell you when I get there.

And yes, my last girlfriend who fancied herself a girl that liked to workout, couldnt have given 2 shits about my eating habits or workout habits or all the work that comes with this lifestlye. It was actually a turnoff in the long run for her (notice I said my last girlfriend and not current).

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I think bodybuilding to ‘get the chick’ only works in that it helps your self confidence.

[/quote]

I’m no where near as big as Stu but in my experience i’ve noticed:

Black and Asian(especially Indian/Mid Eastern girls) love muscular guys. I haven’t been with many white girls but from what i’ve seen they are less into big dudes and more into the emo type shudders.