Girls Kicked Off Bus for Kissing

[quote]derek wrote:
orion wrote:
14 is a child?

Only in the US.

Not that it would be true there, but you can pretend all you want.

Ummmmmmm, do you have kids of your own?

Then fly to the States and find yourself a nice 14 year old girl to date. If you survived her dad and/or her brothers and uncles, you’d be thrown in jail where you could then “date” whoever you want.

American Herritage Dictionary defines CHILD as;

“A person who has not attained maturity or the age of legal majority.”

That pretty much makes me right and you wrong, sorry.

[/quote]

Really?

And if it defined the color of the sky to be red would it be right too?

Legal definitions make sense in a legal context, hardly anywhere else.

Plus I am pretty sure that there is a legal distinction between children and minors, even in the US.

Plus, if I fly her over, she`s legal and her uncle Bubba can blow me…

[quote]orion wrote:
14 is a child?

Only in the US.[/quote]

Assumedly, you think it’s OK for adults to sleep with 14-year olds. I’m far from Puritanical. Still, that’s pretty revolting.

[quote]orion wrote:
[/quote]

That you would even consider having sex with a 14-year old is disgusting.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
orion wrote:
14 is a child?

Only in the US.

Assumedly, you think it’s OK for adults to sleep with 14-year olds. I’m far from Puritanical. Still, that’s pretty revolting.[/quote]

Noooooo, we mercilessly ridicule them and if you are a person that has any authority over her/him it would be illegal, but throwing people into jail for having consentual sex?

What are we, puritans?

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
orion wrote:

That you would even consider having sex with a 14-year old is disgusting. [/quote]

Right now I am only considering undermining US laws, theoretically…

IMO 14 year olds are inmature, annoying and probably extremely bad in bed.

So why bother?

[quote]orion wrote:
Really?

Plus I am pretty sure that there is a legal distinction between children and minors, even in the US.

[/quote]

I like that. “And if it defined the color of the sky to be red would it be right too?”

Making asinine comparisons of definitions that don’t even exist kinda misses the point, doesn’t it? (understatement of the day)

No, it doesn’t define blue sky as red. Ya know why? Because sane adults made the law. They also defined children as children to protect thier young, delicate, underdeveloped psyches and bodies from people like you who can’t tell the difference.

And as for Uncle Bubba blowing you, you and Uncle Bubba are consenting adults. You can engage in oral sex with whoever you choose. He wouldn’t be MY first choice for a BJ but who am I to judge, right?

[quote]derek wrote:
My problem is with children making out. And I cannot appologize for that.
[/quote]
Noted.

Where I differ in my opinion is in calling them children. We are talking about two individuals that are, for all intents and purposes, biologically capable of reproducing. A “legal adult” is just an ambiguous age decided on by mediocre legal minds so we can feel morally justified in sending our children to fight “adult” wars–it does not translate to human behavior at all.

[quote]orion wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Robert P. wrote:
I find it perfectly normal for two straight 14 year olds to be making out, so why shouldn’t lesbians be allowed to?

Most 14 year olds are thinking about it, but your busdriver must have been VERY liberal for them to allow two people to go at it like they were in a hotel room while on the bus. I don’t know what country you grew up in, but a scene like that would catch the attention of every kid on the bus no matter who it was. I am sure every guy on the bus immediately hit puberty right at that moment.

That is why I don’t understand statements like, “I don’t see the problem”.

Could you be more specific regardig the movie that goes on in your head?

I just imagined two girls kissing while you seem to see a scene of “Kids”…

I would agree that a line is crossed if dildos are involved but kissing?

[/quote]

I don’t know what your experience with kisses has been like. I only know that for me, kisses don’t usually end with kisses unless I am on my way out the door and leaving the kissee. Therefore, while you seem to be imagining some sweet little peck on the lips, my guess is things were a lot more “Wild Thing” ish.

That last quote was a movie reference to those not in the loop.

[quote]orion wrote:
[/quote]
Yeah, they need that magical 4 years to become “Playmate” material.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
derek wrote:

Noted.

Where I differ in my opinion is in calling them children. We are talking about two individuals that are, for all intents and purposes, biologically capable of reproducing. A “legal adult” is just an ambiguous age decided on by mediocre legal minds so we can feel morally justified in sending our children to fight “adult” wars–it does not translate to human behavior at all.[/quote]

This has gotten ridiculous. Either fly your flag of social change for every underage rape case filed by the parents of the girl involved, as well as anyone who has sex with a minor…or quit the bullshit.

[quote]derek wrote:
orion wrote:
Really?

I like that. “And if it defined the color of the sky to be red would it be right too?”

Making asinine comparisons of definitions that don’t even exist kinda misses the point, doesn’t it? (understatement of the day)

No, it doesn’t define blue sky as red. Ya know why? Because sane adults made the law. They also defined children as children to protect thier young, delicate, underdeveloped psyches and bodies from people like you who can’t tell the difference.

And as for Uncle Bubba blowing you, you and Uncle Bubba are consenting adults. You can engage in oral sex with whoever you choose. He wouldn’t be MY first choice for a BJ but who am I to judge, right?

[/quote]

Dude it is a legal definition.

They serve a purpose, but they are hardly the end be all of a words meaning especially not of a word as common as “children”.

Face it, in most cultures, at most times ,they would not be fooling around in a bus becuause they`d be allready married and pregnant.

So, if a culture has deviant sexual mores it is without any doubt the US of A.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Therefore, while you seem to be imagining some sweet little peck on the lips, my guess is things were a lot more “Wild Thing” ish.
[/quote]

Soaking wet in a swimming pool?

orion wrote:

Yeah, they need that magical 4 years to become “Playmate” material.[/quote]

So why not go a magical 4 years the other way and date 10 year olds?

What’s four years right?

[quote]orion wrote:

Dude it is a legal definition.

They serve a purpose, but they are hardly the end be all of a words meaning especially not of a word as common as “children”.

Face it, in most cultures, at most times ,they would not be fooling around in a bus becuause they`d be allready married and pregnant.

So, if a culture has deviant sexual mores it is without any doubt the US of A.

[/quote]
It may only be a “legal definition”, but that definition has an effect on the entire society. Do you think a guy could stare up the dress of a 14 year old girl in public and not be called on it? You may not personally agree, but unless you plan on building your own compound in Waco, Texas and setting your own rules for sex, these are just some of the things you try to fit into socially…unless you really like jail.

I agree that 14 may be legal age in other countries. I agree that it isn’t odd for 14 year olds to be thinking of sex and some even having it. We are talking about KIDS ON A BUS KISSING AND OBVIOUSLY MAKING SO MUCH OF A SCENE THAT THE BUS DRIVER WAS INVOLVED AT ALL.

Does this mean all of us were virgins until the age of 21? No, but let’s be real here. I would expect that if I had been caught doing this, my mom would have had a talk with me after my dad high fived me…but the overall message would have been to stop doing that in public.

[quote]orion wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Therefore, while you seem to be imagining some sweet little peck on the lips, my guess is things were a lot more “Wild Thing” ish.

Soaking wet in a swimming pool?

[/quote]

Yes. You evil person.

derek wrote:

Noted.

Where I differ in my opinion is in calling them children. We are talking about two individuals that are, for all intents and purposes, biologically capable of reproducing. [/quote]

“Biologically capable of reproducing” is a horrible thing to use for your definition.

Girls have been known to become pregnant younger than 6 yeras old, let alone 10, 11, 12 etc.

Granted, it’s rare but that definion has quite a few gaping holes in it.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
This has gotten ridiculous. Either fly your flag of social change for every underage rape case filed by the parents of the girl involved, as well as anyone who has sex with a minor…or quit the bullshit.
[/quote]
I thought we were talking about consensual kissing–not rape?

I would gladly slap the parents and the prosecutor where legal charges are brought up against consensual sex between a minor and an adult. As soon as a man turns 18 he can no longer have sexual thoughts about his 15 yr old girl friend–that’s completely realistic.

Parents are dumb when it comes to parenting their own children. Human nature trumps the legal system every time.

I think we can all agree there was no coercion in this case.

For the record, I think I agree with Howard Stern: If I had a daughter I’d hope and pray that she turned out to be a lesbian. Somehow that would just seem much more palatable to me than the idea of some dude climbing on top of her and boning her.

I don’t plan no having kids anyway, so it’s a moot point, but I’m just sayin’ . . .

[quote]derek wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
orion wrote:

What’s four years right? [/quote]

There is a difference between a 14 year old and a 10 yr old–its called sexual maturity.

I think most of you are confusing sexual maturity with emotional maturity. The emotional maturity between a 10, 14, 16, 20, or 40 year old is different for every person and a relative concept. In most cases I would I would still consider an 18 yr old an emotional child.

Biologically, men will find sexually mature women attractive; sociologically, we have been programmed to wait for emotional maturity to happen before we can legally take advantage of them. This always magically happens at the age of 18.

derek wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
orion wrote:

What’s four years right?

There is a difference between a 14 year old and a 10 yr old–its called sexual maturity.

I think most of you are confusing sexual maturity with emotional maturity. The emotional maturity between a 10, 14, 16, 20, or 40 year old is different for every person and a relative concept. In most cases I would I would still consider an 18 yr old an emotional child.

Biologically, men will find sexually mature women attractive; sociologically, we have been programmed to wait for emotional maturity to happen before we can legally take advantage of them. This always magically happens at the age of 18.[/quote]

Or 21 in some states, right?

It’s 16 here in England, but as a 25 year old it would definitely be frowned upon and mocked if i were to sleep with a 16 year old.

I’ve always thought our Dutch friends who have a legal age of 12 (i think) are bit dodgy, but then from what i’ve read and heard they have some of the lowest stats on underage pregnancy and sexual crimes…