Girls Can't Be Altar Servers

[quote]belligerent wrote:
I did that shit when I was a kid. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.[/quote]

Damnit, knew I was born into the wrong religion.

[quote]forlife wrote:

[quote]belligerent wrote:
I did that shit when I was a kid. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.[/quote]

Damnit, knew I was born into the wrong religion.[/quote]
lol

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Christine wrote:
I really don’t think anyone who isn’t Catholic cares about something like this. If Catholic women and girls take offence, there may be fewer Catholics. But really, why would any non Catholic care?

Unless the response you are attempting to troll for is something along the lines of… ohhh… the pastor is simply looking for more boys to molest. Evil Catholic paedophiles.[/quote]

You beat me by as long as it took to type my post.
[/quote]

I was thinking it’s good the girls are excluded…for their own protection.
Sadly, it doesn’t seem like a great thing for the kids to be doing…girls or boys.
If I had kids, I’d much rather see them in the scouts. To each his own.

[quote]Sweet Revenge wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Christine wrote:
I really don’t think anyone who isn’t Catholic cares about something like this. If Catholic women and girls take offence, there may be fewer Catholics. But really, why would any non Catholic care?

Unless the response you are attempting to troll for is something along the lines of… ohhh… the pastor is simply looking for more boys to molest. Evil Catholic paedophiles.[/quote]

[/quote]

Sadly, it doesn’t seem like a great thing for the kids to be doing…girls or boys.
If I had kids, I’d much rather see them in the scouts. To each his own.[/quote]

Make sure you keep them out of public schools and away from yourself, as well.

The pastor is clearly looking for more boys to molest. Evil Catholic paedophiles.

Just kidding, I actually don’t give a single fuck about this.

Leaving this thread now.

[quote]Sweet Revenge wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Christine wrote:

[/quote]

If I had kids, I’d much rather see them in the scouts. To each his own.[/quote]

LOL perhaps if I was Catholic – I’d feel differently. And I’m not over-protective either. Kids need to make their own mistakes to learn better. But knowingly putting them in a position of potential harm is another thing. Should be OK if they were ALWAYS in a group.

Just tell the girls that the practice is nothing more than meaningless ceremony for ceremony’s sake. Better things to do than worry about passing out crackers to crackers.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:
One asshole pastor makes a bad decision isn’t really news.[/quote]

Why is he an asshole?[/quote]

Girls had the honor of serving as alter servers and he took that away from them for no reason. This idea that it would bump up vocations is retarded.[/quote]

Actually it’s not, but you can talk to him about it.

It also clears up other difficult situations, like the confusion about women’s ordination, &c.

[quote]garcia1970 wrote:
Just tell the girls that the practice is nothing more than meaningless ceremony for ceremony’s sake. Better things to do than worry about passing out crackers to crackers.[/quote]

Oh it’s much, much more than that. This meaningless ceremony changed the world…But being a fellow dead head, I give thee a pass on the snideness of your comments.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:
One asshole pastor makes a bad decision isn’t really news.[/quote]

Why is he an asshole?[/quote]

Girls had the honor of serving as alter servers and he took that away from them for no reason. This idea that it would bump up vocations is retarded.[/quote]

Actually it’s not, but you can talk to him about it.

It also clears up other difficult situations, like the confusion about women’s ordination, &c.[/quote]

I actually don’t wish to talk to him, but I think we’re just going to disagree on this. I don’t know anybody except for non-Catholics who would be confused about female ordinations.