T Nation

Girls Always Re-Schedule on Me

Its not a huge deal, but it seems like when ever I set up a first date/meeting with a girl, they always cancel. I always play it off as being cool, and nearly always am able to re-schedule and then its all good to go.

They cant all have something come up in the last 24 hours before the first meeting, is it just that they want to “test” me and see how I react or what?

[quote]tork94 wrote:
Its not a huge deal, but it seems like when ever I set up a first date/meeting with a girl, they always cancel. I always play it off as being cool, and nearly always am able to re-schedule and then its all good to go.

They cant all have something come up in the last 24 hours before the first meeting, is it just that they want to “test” me and see how I react or what?[/quote]

women are naturally flaky and there is nothing you can do about it except have multiple options in case one woman bails

They just may not be that in to you and don’t know how to say no.
It’s women, man. Who the fuck knows why they do what they do?

just read this

they get scared

How many times has this happened?

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
they get scared[/quote]

I’ve noticed this myself. IIRC browndisaster, you’re young, in school and already being decently successful pursuing something right? I’m in the same boat. I have a girlfriend but 99% of the time I interact with girls at school or work who are in my age range they are intimidated as fuck because most of their male peers are sitting in dorm rooms unshowered and playing xbox.

Don’t worry opie, you have at least a 50/50 change of a girl either not really being into you, or being scared as fuck because they are young and don’t know wtf they are doing.

just next em.

[quote]theuofh wrote:
How many times has this happened? [/quote]

Seems to happen nearly half of the time. Like I said in the OP, I almost always get them to re-schedule and my success is usually pretty good from there as far as getting more dates etc…

Well… its better than if girls always schedule on you*

*This would be funny to you if your mom called going poop scheduling when you were growing up.

I don’t try to schedule a date more than twice. Most single women really aren’t that busy, and would make time for a date if it was important. Like other posters have said, they might either be testing you, or too scared to say no, either of which is lame and immature. On the other hand I’m 35 so my tolerance for such things has been worn down over the years.

[quote]tork94 wrote:

They cant all have something come up in the last 24 hours before the first meeting, is it just that they want to “test” me and see how I react or what?[/quote]

You’re 19, right?

Look, it seems like these girls (especially in that age range) just like the attention and having boys ask them out.

If a woman is really into you, she’ll show up at the assigned date and randomly message or call you!
Never sell yourself short to some annoying attention whore! If a girl ditches you twice, forget about her!

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:

they get scared[/quote]

I’ve noticed this myself. IIRC browndisaster, you’re young, in school and already being decently successful pursuing something right? I’m in the same boat. I have a girlfriend but 99% of the time I interact with girls at school or work who are in my age range they are intimidated as fuck because most of their male peers are sitting in dorm rooms unshowered and playing xbox.

Don’t worry opie, you have at least a 50/50 change of a girl either not really being into you, or being scared as fuck because they are young and don’t know wtf they are doing.[/quote]
Yeah, my experience is mainly that they’re just nervous about the date itself… i.e. the girl thinks about spending an hour IRL 1 on 1 talking about themselves with an attractive guy who’s acknowledged he likes her, then backs out because she gets nervous. It’s intimidating for a girl who otherwise spends most her free time on social media getting attention from friendzone guys.

My best bet has been to befriend the girl, then ask her out. If you’re desirable to women, the path out of friend zone is just a few disparaging comments away. …and my whole life I thought I was the one being the reddit neckbeard phaggot.

*none of this applies if you were born before the 90s or are dealing with confident women

Look there’s an Entire major on women it’s called “women’s studies”. Hell most schools even offer a PhD on this major. Ever heard of anyone with a PhD in Men’s studies? That’s all I have to say

damn, I feel sorry for you young guys…

[quote]Justliftbrah wrote:
Look there’s an Entire major on women it’s called “women’s studies”. Hell most schools even offer a PhD on this major. Ever heard of anyone with a PhD in Men’s studies? That’s all I have to say[/quote]

Yes, but it isn’t called “men’s studies”, it’s called “history”.

If she reschedules I’d offer a casual lunch. It sounds like they’re not 100% “sold” on you. Lunch would typically be a less scary proposition, but give her a chance to get to know you. “Sorry you couldn’t make itm but there’s a great sushi place convenient to a motel with hourly rates. Hows noon on tuesday?”

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:

they get scared[/quote]

Don’t worry opie, you have at least a 50/50 change of a girl either not really being into you, or being scared as fuck because they are young and don’t know wtf they are doing.[/quote]
Yeah, my experience is mainly that they’re just nervous about the date itself… i.e. the girl thinks about spending an hour IRL 1 on 1 talking about themselves with an attractive guy who’s acknowledged he likes her, then backs out because she gets nervous. It’s intimidating for a girl who otherwise spends most her free time on social media getting attention from friendzone guys.

My best bet has been to befriend the girl, then ask her out. If you’re desirable to women, the path out of friend zone is just a few disparaging comments away. …and my whole life I thought I was the one being the reddit neckbeard phaggot.

*none of this applies if you were born before the 90s or are dealing with confident women[/quote]

Yeah, When meeting my current girlfriend I kept things super casual, friendly, and a little flirty after exchanging numbers, When she became more comfortable things progressed extremely quickly.

This is generally how you would want to start a relationship anyways. Just diving into a date right away, unless you are great at creating conversation (most young people are not) can really just be asking for failure.

If you’re just looking to hook up you probably should just next immediately.

You’re a better guy than me, if someone dips on me once last minute I’m not bringing it up again.

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:

[quote]Justliftbrah wrote:
Look there’s an Entire major on women it’s called “women’s studies”. Hell most schools even offer a PhD on this major. Ever heard of anyone with a PhD in Men’s studies? That’s all I have to say[/quote]

Yes, but it isn’t called “men’s studies”, it’s called “history”.[/quote]

LOL!