T Nation

Girlfriends/Parents/Siblings + AAS

We all have someone that is close to us and they may seem to find that we are getting really big, really fast. In order to lessen the suspicion, I am going to flaunt and “blame” my mass amount of weight gain, in the upcoming cycle, on the supplements. For the average parent or girlfriend, this should be fine, correct? I am pretty sure they will notice when their son is putting on 20 or 30 pounds, and will know whether or not it is fat. Any other techniques, common lies, or what not you guys use?

Oh, and also if they were to ever find the steroids\found out their son took them and I know if I tried to reason it out with them, I would get no-where. Should one go the route of “I was feeling unaccomplished in what I was doing, so I used AAS.” approach or a variant of that. More play on guilt or such if any comment of being fat or weak were involved, not that that would be common I hope, or just say that you did not like the way you look.

I wouldn’t think that the average parent\girlfriend, more so parent, would understand the effects of AAS or would be willing to listen and say “Yes, you can take AAS because I now know it is relatively safe for more than clinical dosages.”

Just precautionary thinking, not too excited to dive into discussion on it.

Well Ronnie Coleman says he doesn’t use them so like I duno whip out a picture of him. You should be fine.

1. If you have been dedicated enough in the weight room over the past couple of years, enough to warrant AAS use, then they should not be that surprised you add another 20 lbs.

2. Suspicion is only suspicion without any proof… so don’t leave any syringe wrappers laying around.

3. Most people are ignorant and will not understand, no matter how much you explain the effects of proper AAS use, so don’t waste your breath if you don’t have to. (unless your friends and family are unusually intelligent/cool/accepting)

[quote]dean12345 wrote:

1. Most people are ignorant and will not understand, no matter how much you explain the effects of proper AAS use, so don’t waste your breath if you don’t have to. (unless your friends and family are unusually intelligent/cool/accepting)[/quote]

Amen to this. If those close to you show the least resistance to AAS, you can pretty well assume they will go nuts if you tell them you are on, so come up with something different.

For people not involved in this game, pretty much any excuse works, and in that case the ignorance works in your favor.

I would be sure to advertise to your family and friends that you are starting a new diet, or training style, before you go on the cycle. Maybe just casually mention a few weeks ahead of time that you have been training heavily or something. So they kind of expect it, and you don’t have to try and explain huge gains after the fact.

It might also help to see these people once a week while your on the cycle, so that the gains seem more gradual, instead of showing up 3 months later with 20lbs more of muscle.

There is another thread around here about this topic, and what excuses people use. If people close to you do find out, they might be shocked, upset, angray,etc. at first, but they will get over it and get used to it. You are an adult who makes their own choices and they should respect and love you for that. The real worry is too many people hearing about your use and telling other people and it getting around and eventual legal troubles.

Local LE is no longer looking the other way in many places because it’s a hot topic right now so the best idea is to keep your mouth shut even to those close to you, period.

I dunno some people are more open minded than expected. The other night at dinner I had a conversation with my law-abiding, good Christian, truly saint of a mother. She is a great woman. We were talking about my long term goals cuz she’s always asking “why do you wanna get bigger…why do you wanna lose more weight”?

I informed her that once I’d put in enough years of training (I explained that that would be years down the road from now) that I plan on using steroids. She asked me if I was serious and I said yes. She ask…“why?..thats stupid”

Long story short, I explained genetic potential, the law of diminishing returns as years of training goes on, and that I just wanted to be an abnormally large individual. She doesn’t understand why I am attracted to being big, but I just said… “same reason you dye your hair and wear the clothes you do…because you like it and thats what you wanna look like”

I explained that it was safe enough when used intelligently. She basically said ok, and didn’t have a problem after my explanation. She just wants to wait several years like I plan on doing.

Point being: You never no, my mother was the LAST person in the world I thought I could convince my personal use would be ok.

How old are you? Are you ready?

Everyone (parents, friends, girlfriend) suspect that I use but as mentioned before there is no proof of the crime. I don’t leave needles, vials or unmarked pills laying around. During times that I gain a large amount of muscle I usually wear large sweatshirts or hoodies. I don’t draw attention to the fact that I am getting big. I don’t even own a shirt without sleeves. This makes my weight gains less obvious.

[quote]2thepain wrote:
Everyone (parents, friends, girlfriend) suspect that I use but as mentioned before there is no proof of the crime. I don’t leave needles, vials or unmarked pills laying around. During times that I gain a large amount of muscle I usually wear large sweatshirts or hoodies. I don’t draw attention to the fact that I am getting big. I don’t even own a shirt without sleeves. This makes my weight gains less obvious.[/quote]

What do you do during the summer time when wearing shorts and stuff is almost a must?

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
How old are you? Are you ready?[/quote]

Me or the OP?

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
2thepain wrote:
Everyone (parents, friends, girlfriend) suspect that I use but as mentioned before there is no proof of the crime. I don’t leave needles, vials or unmarked pills laying around. During times that I gain a large amount of muscle I usually wear large sweatshirts or hoodies. I don’t draw attention to the fact that I am getting big. I don’t even own a shirt without sleeves. This makes my weight gains less obvious.

What do you do during the summer time when wearing shorts and stuff is almost a must?[/quote]

I plan my cycles so that I am at my leanest during the summer. So when I take my shirt off outside I look much more ripped than huge. Although this is often the time that steroid questions are asked. I have a good comeback when I tell them what I weighed in the winter and that I have been on a strict diet to get this lean.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
2thepain wrote:

What do you do during the summer time when wearing shorts and stuff is almost a must?[/quote]

I can wear shorts all year long, my calves are my worst bodypart by far.

[quote]dean12345 wrote:

1. If you have been dedicated enough in the weight room over the past couple of years, enough to warrant AAS use, then they should not be that surprised you add another 20 lbs.

[/quote]

Great point - are you really ready? They should be used to it by now…

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
dean12345 wrote:

Great point - are you really ready? They should be used to it by now…
[/quote]

Well, I put on 50 pounds of pure muscle on (factored out bodyfat) from the time I started lifting. It will be 4 years in September. However, besides from the first year (possibly), I have never put on 20 lbs on in a short period of time. It is just I am big all ready, pretty much everyone that seems me for the first time and gets to know me asks if I am on steroids. It is just that after a certain point, it will just look ridiculous and people will assume that you ARE on steroids, not possibly but are on. I will take the advice of wearing baggy clothes at the gym and around, so I do not look like I am just packing on the weight.

As Swole said, there are some people who would surprise you in how they react to AAS use, if explaining correctly, intelligently, and coherently. But, for now, just take the advice given to you by guys like 2thepain, and you should be fine.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
How old are you? Are you ready?

Me or the OP?[/quote]

I was talking to the OP. The heavy concern with parents makes me think he might be too young and not ready.

I have just passed it off as a side effect of heavy compound training and eating 5000 calories per day. Approx 22lbs gained in 7 weeks. No one has said anything except hmm maybe I’ll try that.

Diz