Girlfriend Moving, Advice Needed

^^^On this topic: Love is a feeling, not an action. Love is great and all, people say “I love you” all the time and it doesn’t mean shit. It’s your actions that count. So if you drive to see her, and she drives or takes a bus or whatever to see you, then it’s all good.
Or Edgy’s idea about hitting it up with her sister and then sponging off the parents, I dunno, sounds pretty good…

if this is the nhs scientist training scheme, then good for her, you should stick at it in my opinion. As a student myself, i have plenty of housemates who maintain relationships long distance (more than three years at un as well now).

[quote]Mancman23 wrote:
driving wise would be 3 or 4 hours[/quote]

LMAO. Suck it up! That is nothing. If you actually like this girl and have a decent work schedule you could do that just about every weekend. Hell I know a guy who drives 6-8 hours EVERY weekend just to go fucking rock climbing. You are talking about marrying this woman in the future. Do you really want to tell the love of your life that there are guys who like rocks more than you like her?

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]Cuso wrote:
Can you afford with your present income your own flat/share where you are now and still put a little savings away for your future plans?

If yes, then move out of her parents place and keep your job and your own future open. 2 years is a long time to be apart and she has to prove her love to you as well as you yours to her.

Believe me, if you both love each other you’ll both find a way to see each other every couple of weeks and do passionate stuff together. At the same time you both will be cementing the foundation of your future lifes together. Good luck and protect yourself just in case everything goes bad.

Your’s truely,

Ann Landers[/quote]

I don’t find anything wrong with your post but you and some others seem to think love conquers all. The truth is life is more complex than that and sometimes the wrong decisions get made.[/quote]

I wrote:

“keep your job and your own future open…”

“2 years is a long time to be apart and she has to prove her love to you as well as you yours to her…”

and:

“Good luck and protect yourself just in case everything goes bad…”

Which I hope the OP understood as don’t just paint pretty pictures, as everything could end up looking like a nightmare from Hieronymus Bosch.

But you’re right. Love can’t cure the common cold, but on the other hand it can lend you strength and courage in troubled times.