T Nation

Girl With the Most Cake

Its that time again, time for a new log.

The old logs are:

February 2010 to July 2010:

August 2009 to February 2010:

The Kimba basics:

• I’m 5’4.5", 111 lbs or so, and I’ve had 45 birthdays come and go.

• Nothing focuses my attention as much as getting under a heavy bar. The ultimate cure for monkey mind.

• Through hard work and good genetics for leanness, I have met my physique goals. I don’t do weight loss or fat loss here: my body comp goal is to maintain what I’ve got now for as long as I can hold onto it.

• My cardio is bicycling in the good weather, and downhill skiing and XC ski-skating when there is snow.

• My goal is to lift heavier things, but in a rational, sustainable, injury-free way.

• I started 5/3/1 in January 2010 and am currently in Wave 7. I’ve lowered my maxes significantly once, and now I’m repeating the same weights as in Wave 6 because I was not happy with my lifts and saw no point in adding weight.

• Although I am used to and accept being the Kimba Freak Show in my weight room, it would be real lonely for me without the PW compound of women and the men who frequent the place.

• Being here has improved my squat and deadlift form exponentially. I like posting videos and getting your ideas for improvement.

• Specifically I want:

a 1.5 x bodyweight back squat (170 lbs.)
a 2 x bodyweight sumo deadlift (225 lbs.)
a 1 x bodyweight bench press (110 lbs. – I’m rounding this down cause this is my suckiest lift)
an 85 lb. military press
40 bodyweight dips
10 pullups

I am making strength gains as fast as a snail on valium (with thanks to N. for the apt phrase), but I’m good with that.

• My PRs as of today are:
    Back squat - 120 lbs for 4 reps
    Sumo deadlift - 175 lbs for 3 reps
    Bench press - 85 lbs for 5 reps
    Military press - 67.5 lbs for 2 reps
    Dips - BW 1 x 27, +17.5 lbs, 5 reps
    Chinups - BW 1 x 10

Extra points to anyone who gets the title reference.

A picture to get things started.

Kimba! Another log come and gone…

You have made so much progress and remain an inspiration to this little noob. Can’t thank you enough for sharing your journey with us! I’ve learned so much from you and you never cease to entertain me with your musings and anecdotes - lso, won’t lie, pictures of your hot body keep me coming back every time.

If you’re quoting Hole, you really are a tiny badass!

Can’t wait to see what’s in store!!!

Kimba: I love that picture! You are smokin’!

Mash, love the new avi!

wowie kimba!!! you look awesome…and of course i get the reference too :stuck_out_tongue:

cake please!

Hey Kimba!

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

You have made so much progress and remain an inspiration to this little noob. Can’t thank you enough for sharing your journey with us! I’ve learned so much from you and you never cease to entertain me with your musings and anecdotes - lso, won’t lie, pictures of your hot body keep me coming back every time.

Can’t wait to see what’s in store!!![/quote]

+10 for Hole

I was listening to Doll Parts this weekend.

I predict nothing but success and PR’s in this log.

Okay I also predict a reasonable amount of silliness.

yeah Kimba and Hole FTW!

Are you hogging all the cake AGAIN!

Great goals - you’ll get them!

Actually they are much like my goals but I weigh nearly twice what you do…

and thanks for the fantastic photo!

Heh I knew cake would make its way into the title, somehow. Judging by that midsection, it’s not something you eat often, though, is it?

Great goals - although 40 dips is crazy stuff!

Dayum woman that is a HOT picture! Love the title of the new log :wink:

Maschy, thanks for comming 'round and spilling your positive vibe here. Tiny Badass would’ve been a good log title too.

Greeney, thanks for the kind words. This picture was taken at a shoot in Feb. and I don’t have new ones. I figured a re-post would be OK.

Brute, I knew for sure you and Maschy would get it, and I was pretty sure about N. :wink:

CBear, you are the YouTube Queen. The current cake choice is chocolate angel food.

Hi Betty!

Joe is a Hole fan! Gold star for Joe, and silliness FTW!

George, and therein lies the beauty of this sport. I understand your goal and you understand mine because the lower weights are just as hard for me as your higher weights are for you.

Cal, I do eat cake. Not often, but I enjoy it when I do. My husband’s birthday cake was chocolate angel food and that was delicious!

Deb, thanks for the kind words. When you reach your goal, do a photo shoot too. Its very fun!

Today’s training was a 37 mile bike ride to and from the beach. Fueled by a fried fish sandwich, a hot dog and a kiddie size soft serve, twist flavor. Twist (half vanilla, half chocolate for those not familiar) is the best flavor ever.

[quote]JoeGood wrote:

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

Can’t wait to see what’s in store!!![/quote]

+10 for Hole

I was listening to Doll Parts this weekend.[/quote]

X2 That song is on my gym playlist! Yeah, kimba!

Yeah I have that album too.

love the new title…
the pic, my goodness

hole is fantastic, courtney ewww that poor thing.

Hole fans are popping up everywhere!

kmc, yeah poor courtney…like a trainwreck, you can’t look away.

Today’s quick MP session in the bedroom gym:

5/3/1 - Wave 7, Week 2 - Military Press Day

45.5# 1 x 3
52# 1 x 3
58.5# 1 x 5 <–money set, wanted more

Last month at this money set weight I did 8 reps. This month, I’m just happy not to have a tweaked shoulder anymore. Perspective is all.

A few less reps with a healthy shoulder is worth it.

I should also mention that Hole’s cover of Gold Dust Woman might be the best cover ever and generally I hate bands dong covers.

I like cake. :slight_smile:
Kimba you are soooo effing cute!
looking good
_Q