Girl Squats

[quote]debraD wrote:
Yeah like diana says I think you guys are way too easily impressed. BUT I think the main point is that these guys are such massive pussies that a EVEN a lowly woman can squat better. :P[/quote]

Yeah, maybe that’s it. Seriously, it bugs me and I was not sure why, but that could be it.

This video was also posted in a different thread. Did the OP feel it deserved one of it’s own? But any video of a good looking lady is always appreciated.

They need to get their ass in spin class or cross fit or some other form of sissery.
She needs to raise the pins. Lose the tights too

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]heavythrower wrote:

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:
How many reps did she do damn. Woulda been better if she went over to him after the set and flexed on his punk ass.[/quote]

She did 10. Now I applaud anyone who squats, but really? Is it that big a deal for the video to go viral, 10 squats at 135lbs?
It’s like you guys never saw a girl squat before! I’m pretty sure that the girl could give a fuck what the other guys were doing in the background, she looks pretty focused on her own training.
In closing ,big deal over nothing, and who cares what other people do in the gym.[/quote]

what is your problem? this video has hardly gone viral.

my wife can do a few reps with 225 deep with no belt, and get close to 300 with belt and wraps. I have been training for 25 plus years all over the country, and most commercial fitness centers don’t have many people doing deep squats period, much less tiny girls who are doing 10 reps with well over their bodyweight.

what I do see LOTS of is a douch with a belt, pussy pad and gloves, doing 30-40% more than he should be doing 1/2-1/4 reps in the squat.

the fact that both things were happening at the same time and got caught on tape is funny to me.

[/quote]

Well it’s been plastered all over my Facebook for the past few days, here and some other web pages.
I don’t have a problem, I just find a lot of guys are way easily impressed just because a girl is squatting. Yes, it’s ironic there are some guys in the background doing quarter squats, but I just don’t see what the fuss is about.
I squat in my commercial gym and so do about a dozen other women. The last commercial gym I went to was the same, just bigger and there was more woman squatting there (8 racks). Most that I’ve seen are squatting deep enough to satisfy an IPF judge. I’ve yet to see guys making a fuss over it, except for the occasional comment. Yes, when I put on gear people ask questions, but I find that to be normal outside a PL gym.
Sorry, just don’t get it.[/quote]

I guess your experience has been much different than mine. I used to travel for a living, worked out in gyms in alabama, mississippi, georgia, tennessee, oklahoma, california, florida, and I will stand by my statement that not to many people are doing what I would consider real squats.

by any standard a female reping out more than bodyweight squats raw is very good. If you are a competitive PL and have trained mostly at powerlifting gyms, then your perspective is skewed.

Innocent enough of a post by myself, not sure why it bothers you so much…

Innocent enough of a post by myself, not sure why it bothers you so much… [/quote]

I’m sure it’s partly because this video is being posted all over the place and getting loads of attention, not about you personally.

Edit: actually I saw this video several times and I didn’t get it because I could really not see what was so funny about her squatting and what so funny about some guys doing something else in the corner. I just assumed we were admiring her ass.

[quote]debraD wrote:
Yeah like diana says I think you guys are way too easily impressed. BUT I think the main point is that these guys are such massive pussies that a EVEN a lowly woman can squat better. :P[/quote]

I have trained with world champion throwers, and powerlifters, and NFL football players. I am not easily impressed by any standard.

If you put this is the context of serious competitive lifters, no not impressive…but just a average jane getting some work in, at her size 135 x 10 deep and raw is good.

[quote]debraD wrote:

Innocent enough of a post by myself, not sure why it bothers you so much… [/quote]

I’m sure it’s partly because this video is being posted all over the place and getting loads of attention, not about you personally.

Edit: actually I saw this video several times and I didn’t get it because I could really not see what was so funny about her squatting and what so funny about some guys doing something else in the corner. I just assumed we were admiring her ass.[/quote]

OK. Well, the girl is attractive, but not exactly what my ideal looks like…and I have only seen this vid on wendlers log. so I guess I am not as interwebz connected as you guys.

I thought she dominated the dudes in the corner, I guess I am just old school about shit like this.

some of dungeons I have trained in would have gotten on the case of anybody who was squatting like that until they either did it right or they would have been literally ran out of the place.

it is common in the big commercial gyms though.

[quote]iron lung wrote:
This video was also posted in a different thread. Did the OP feel it deserved one of it’s own? But any video of a good looking lady is always appreciated.[/quote]

If I had know it was already posted on this site I would have not re-posted. sorry for not READING EVER SINGLE FUCKING THREAD on this website before I post. I sorry. I try do better :wink:

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:
How many reps did she do damn. Woulda been better if she went over to him after the set and flexed on his punk ass.[/quote]

She did 10. Now I applaud anyone who squats, but really? Is it that big a deal for the video to go viral, 10 squats at 135lbs?
It’s like you guys never saw a girl squat before! I’m pretty sure that the girl could give a fuck what the other guys were doing in the background, she looks pretty focused on her own training.
In closing ,big deal over nothing, and who cares what other people do in the gym.[/quote]

my wife can do a few reps with 225 deep with no belt, and get close to 300 with belt and wraps. I have been training for 25 plus years all over the country, and most commercial fitness centers don’t have many people doing deep squats period, much less tiny girls who are doing 10 reps with well over their bodyweight.

what I do see LOTS of is a douch with a belt, pussy pad and gloves, doing 30-40% more than he should be doing 1/2-1/4 reps in the squat.

the fact that both things were happening at the same time and got caught on tape is funny to me.

[/quote]

Well it’s been plastered all over my Facebook for the past few days, here and some other web pages.
I don’t have a problem, I just find a lot of guys are way easily impressed just because a girl is squatting. Yes, it’s ironic there are some guys in the background doing quarter squats, but I just don’t see what the fuss is about.
I squat in my commercial gym and so do about a dozen other women. The last commercial gym I went to was the same, just bigger and there was more woman squatting there (8 racks). Most that I’ve seen are squatting deep enough to satisfy an IPF judge. I’ve yet to see guys making a fuss over it, except for the occasional comment. Yes, when I put on gear people ask questions, but I find that to be normal outside a PL gym.

I guess your experience has been much different than mine. I used to travel for a living, worked out in gyms in alabama, mississippi, georgia, tennessee, oklahoma, california, florida, and I will stand by my statement that not to many people are doing what I would consider real squats.

by any standard a female reping out more than bodyweight squats raw is very good. If you are a competitive PL and have trained mostly at powerlifting gyms, then your perspective is skewed.

Yes, I have heard that from a lot of people here, that they never see girls squat. Maybe there are more of us in Quebec ( :
I train at a very commercial gym. And the previous membership I had was also 100% commercial. Still found girls of all sizes squatting.
Like I said before, I applaud anyone who squats. I guess I just wonder if there would have been such a fuss if it was a skinny guy doing the reps LOL.

Well, I have seen lots of dumbbell squats, smith machine squats, lunges, etc. not so much real squats with real weight, and more than bodyweight is real weight for a average joe/jane, who is not into serious competitive strength sports.

I wish there were more gyms like the one you go to down here :slight_smile:

[quote]Dustin wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
All I saw was ass.[/quote]
[/quote]

she has a great ass…

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
they have great asses…[/quote]

You talking about HT’s Avitar?

Shit man I’m at work, I gotta keep dodging those things!

V

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

[/quote]

I agree with you. Debra & Diana’s experience is skewed. Diana trains in a serious gym not the typical ‘commercial’ gym. To my knowledge Debra trains in a spare room and only sees what the badass chicks from this site are doing. On Thursdays & Saturdays I go to a YMCA that is stocked with the best equipment. I’ve never seen a woman free bar squatting. Not one time.

Regarding the video, it’s really just the contrast between what & how they are squatting not the amazing weight she’s moving. Like I said, I’ve seen my wife squat way more than that (as you have w/ your wife, HT) so the weight is not what I like about the video.

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

[/quote]

I agree with you. Debra & Diana’s experience is skewed. Diana trains in a serious gym not the typical ‘commercial’ gym. To my knowledge Debra trains in a spare room and only sees what the badass chicks from this site are doing. On Thursdays & Saturdays I go to a YMCA that is stocked with the best equipment. I’ve never seen a woman free bar squatting. Not one time.

Regarding the video, it’s really just the contrast between what & how they are squatting not the amazing weight she’s moving. Like I said, I’ve seen my wife squat way more than that (as you have w/ your wife, HT) so the weight is not what I like about the video.[/quote]

agreed.

damn interwebz open exchange of ideas…why oh why does not the entire world think like me and you? dont they know they are all wrong, or weird, or sumthin’???

:wink:

[quote]on edge wrote:
I agree with you. Debra & Diana’s experience is skewed. Diana trains in a serious gym not the typical ‘commercial’ gym. [/quote]

LOLOLOL if I wasn’t at work I’d dig up some of my vids from that “serious” vid just so you could see the people milling about in the background. It’s commercial my friend. Not Energie Cardio commercial but still pretty bad. When I worked there, all the people I had to train as gym clients learned to squat. Another girl who works there teaches all her clients to squat. And so on, there has been and is a few trainers there who understand the importance of this movement, it is a basic exercise and I’d say if there are not more PEOPLE in general squatting in gyms in the USA, then ya’ll are doing it wrong ( :

Sorry for putting this on facebook Diana :slight_smile:

I don’t think it is impressive, its just funny. More from the guy in the background.

I think it is also very obvious she did video it like this on purpose. From the angle she has the camera set at and the fact the pace is just about rep for rep.

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:
I agree with you. Debra & Diana’s experience is skewed. Diana trains in a serious gym not the typical ‘commercial’ gym. [/quote]

LOLOLOL if I wasn’t at work I’d dig up some of my vids from that “serious” vid just so you could see the people milling about in the background. It’s commercial my friend. Not Energie Cardio commercial but still pretty bad. When I worked there, all the people I had to train as gym clients learned to squat. Another girl who works there teaches all her clients to squat. And so on, there has been and is a few trainers there who understand the importance of this movement, it is a basic exercise and I’d say if there are not more PEOPLE in general squatting in gyms in the USA, then ya’ll are doing it wrong ( :[/quote]

Oh just admit the girl owned the guy.

I posted something about this on FaceBook earlier and here is what someone replied with…

“JP, do you know all of the facts? Do you know their ages and experience levels? Do you know their ailments, past injuries or health problems? Please take note that the man however challenged he is has four plates versus her two. One day you will be old and proud to do what he is doing…”

I think he took my post a little too seriously…

[quote]JPCleary wrote:
I posted something about this on FaceBook earlier and here is what someone replied with…

“JP, do you know all of the facts? Do you know their ages and experience levels? Do you know their ailments, past injuries or health problems? Please take note that the man however challenged he is has four plates versus her two. One day you will be old and proud to do what he is doing…”

I think he took my post a little too seriously…[/quote]

One day you will be proud…you just need the gloves.

I like the video. While she isn’t doing anything earth shattering, the contrast between the petite girl and the gang of boys and their 1/4 squats is good.

It isn’t what she’s doing or what they’re doing. It’s the goodness of the combination; like sweet and salty.