Girl Squats 500 LBS in High School

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
It’s true if you believe that Paul Anderson squatted over a thousand pounds raw.[/quote]

Why be so doubtful of Paul Anderson? Not saying it’s definitely true, but in the 2 years he competed in OL he was putting up world records which wouldn’t be broken by anyone else for years to come using technique nearly as bad as mine (I am not an OLer).

His press was limited by his clean. He kept getting stronger long after the amateur rule stopped him competing at a fairly young age. Why would he bother lying?

[quote]Pinto wrote:
She ate the photographer.

[/quote]

Miraculously the photographer lived to tell the tale.

A girl squatting 500 in high school is slightly more believable to me than Pat Robertson leg pressing 1700 pounds or whatever he claimed to have done.

In case anyone missed it, it has since come out that he doesn’t take off the safety catches – i.e. he just unracks and reracks the sled without actually bringing it down and then pushing it back up, which apparently according to his “trainer” counts as leg pressing – somehow this proves to me that Robertson is a complete charlatan in all aspects of his life, although I’m not quite sure how…

[quote]oboffill wrote:
Finalyear wrote:
It was my dad that told me the story, I haven’t been to that job site yet, but he said the guys were dead serious, I doubt he was kidding me, because he’s really gullible and believes alot of B.S. that people tell him about lifting, etc. He still tries to tell me that my uncle (RIP) could out bench press guys at fifty years old, going in the 400s, and that his friend could have run a sub 10 second 100 meter dash but he didn’t work hard enough. I’m going to show him this post just to show him how unlikely it is.

LMAO @ sub 10, 100m.

Your dad is gullible.[/quote]

Also, it strikes me as a ridiculous assertion that anyone who was not already pretty close to a world record could if only they were willing to “work hard enough” approach a world record in ANYTHING that many, many people have been competing at in an organized way for hundreds of years (thousands, really, although I bet the Ancient Greek sprints were hand timed as opposed to machine timed which as anyone who follows the NFL combine can tell you makes them seriously unreliable :)).

I mean, I don’t know how fast Justin Gatlin would be running if he weren’t willing to work quite as hard, but my guess is pretty damn fast.