Girl Squats 500 LBS in High School

This is the story that is being told on one of my crews by a couple of guys, who claim their sister did this about thirty years ago. They say she was a heavy girl, but 500? I say maybe, probably four inches down and four inches up. Is this for real?

Wow, in high school AND 30 years ago? It MUST be true!

sheeez… my grand-grandmother during WWI use to squat really heavy too… about 350kg… and her daughter (my grandmother) use to DL a nazi tank during WWII…also the old uncle of my far cousin who is a cop in USA once had a duck which speack french…

[quote]cadav wrote:
sheeez… my grand-grandmother during WWI use to squat really heavy too… about 350kg… and her daughter (my grandmother) use to DL a nazi tank during WWII…also the old uncle of my far cousin who is a cop in USA once had a duck which speack french…[/quote]

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

It’s true if you believe that Paul Anderson squatted over a thousand pounds raw.

It’s true I fucked her.

I had a guy tell me with a straight face that he squatted a grand when he was in high school back in '75… then he told me the way he did it was a “special” workout he and his friends were doing… you see he would do a warm up set of 10, then add a little weight, and a set of 8, bump the weight, etc etc 6,4,2,1 and boom… next thing you know… he was squatting a grand…

I was squatting just yesterday when some random guy in the gym comes up to me and comments on the weight I was using. “not bad, but let me show you how it’s really done”. i’ve got 315 on the bar, and i’ve been going a2g for five set of triples, and this guy looks like two of him couldn’t move 315 in any lift.

This guy then goes to the squat rack next to me and loads the bar up to 455, then unracks the weight, moves about 3 inches back from the rack and knocks out 3 VERY wobbly reps with about a 2 inch range of motion. he racks the weight, then tells me he’s almost at 500 pounds in his squat.

take peoples claims with a grain of salt, because it’s probably some bullshit like this ^^^

HA

[quote]cadav wrote:
sheeez… my grand-grandmother during WWI use to squat really heavy too… about 350kg… and her daughter (my grandmother) use to DL a nazi tank during WWII…also the old uncle of my far cousin who is a cop in USA once had a duck which speack french…[/quote]

[quote]Rah-Knee wrote:
I was squatting just yesterday when some random guy in the gym comes up to me and comments on the weight I was using. “not bad, but let me show you how it’s really done”. i’ve got 315 on the bar, and i’ve been going a2g for five set of triples, and this guy looks like two of him couldn’t move 315 in any lift.

This guy then goes to the squat rack next to me and loads the bar up to 455, then unracks the weight, moves about 3 inches back from the rack and knocks out 3 VERY wobbly reps with about a 2 inch range of motion. he racks the weight, then tells me he’s almost at 500 pounds in his squat.

take peoples claims with a grain of salt, because it’s probably some bullshit like this ^^[1]

I would have most certainly gave that guy a high five.

1. /quote ↩︎

[quote]WideGuy wrote:
It’s true I fucked her.[/quote]

LMAO

Now that settles an argument.

[quote]Rah-Knee wrote:

take peoples claims with a grain of salt, because it’s probably some bullshit like this ^^[1]

If i was in the gym working out, and some asshole came up to me and said that, then proceeded to try to beat my lifts, I would make sure he would never talk to me again. who the hell does this?

1. /quote ↩︎

Bit off topic, but sort of similar in the aspect of people trying to one up you in the gym…My brother and I were doing squats and some guy in his 50’s comes over and says the following, “that’s a lot of weight boys…but I bet you can’t do this…” as he throws his leg up onto the bar that is about shoulder height to show us a STRETCH. So of course we show him how easy this is by doing it, after which he says “well the trick is to turn your leg side ways once you got it up there.”

I’ve also had an uncle tell me his retarded grand son, (literally the kid is mentally handicapped), who is THIRTEEN years old could bench 400 lbs. (So how come he isn’t in power lifting competitions breaking all the records???)

My niece has told me that her dad, who is about 130 lbs with chicken legs picked up a 1000 lbs…RIGHTTTTTTTT. I don’t even talk about lifting weights yet my relatives are always asking me about it and trying to one up me with horse shit stories like these, they, like many people, are just trying to drag others down.

Hard to know what to make of it. It’s quite possibly true. At the same time, as others above have pointed out it has all the earmarks of a re-told gym fable.

[quote]Jerome wrote:
Bit off topic, but sort of similar in the aspect of people trying to one up you in the gym…My brother and I were doing squats and some guy in his 50’s comes over and says the following, “that’s a lot of weight boys…but I bet you can’t do this…” as he throws his leg up onto the bar that is about shoulder height to show us a STRETCH. So of course we show him how easy this is by doing it, after which he says “well the trick is to turn your leg side ways once you got it up there.”

I’ve also had an uncle tell me his retarded grand son, (literally the kid is mentally handicapped), who is THIRTEEN years old could bench 400 lbs. (So how come he isn’t in power lifting competitions breaking all the records???)

My niece has told me that her dad, who is about 130 lbs with chicken legs picked up a 1000 lbs…RIGHTTTTTTTT. I don’t even talk about lifting weights yet my relatives are always asking me about it and trying to one up me with horse shit stories like these, they, like many people, are just trying to drag others down. [/quote]

haha, who are you talking about specifically Joe?

It’s probably not true, but I wouldn’t be surprised. A couple HS girls where I am from are high level throwers (top 10 in the nation for high school shot/disc) and can squat in the mid 400s a bit past parallel. They are biiiiig though. One girl was a soph. this past year and benched 225 x 3 (raw obviously), but nearly weighed 225, too.

The story you heard probably wasn’t true, but if she was a freak athlete who worked her ass off for years, I wouldn’t be surprised. I did see one girl who was “a natural” full squat 275 her first time lifting as a high school freshman under 160lbs (but ~5’ lol). She didn’t like getting big though and stopped lifting about when she started.

oh god. i have to say this. there was a girl in my high school that was either a soph or junior when i was a sr … that benched 275. i don’t recall what she squatted. from the looks of her, i would not be surpised if she could have done 400 or more. she was thick as hell, and not fat.

we wanted to recruit her for football, but then wideguy fucked her, and she transferred.

[quote]Jerome wrote:

My niece has told me that her dad, who is about 130 lbs with chicken legs picked up a 1000 lbs…RIGHTTTTTTTT. I don’t even talk about lifting weights yet my relatives are always asking me about it and trying to one up me with horse shit stories like these, they, like many people, are just trying to drag others down. [/quote]

Funny thing is that I’M SURE that every once in a while someone walks up to Ronnie Coleman and tells him “I had a friend who also worked out and looked like you… maybe a little bigger though”

On a side note… I talked to Hugo Girard today (BTW, he’s pulled a “Dave Tate” and he’s looking very lean at 330 nowadays… huge veiny arms) and he told me that he curled 300lbs… somehow that’s probably the only guy I’d believe in that type fo situation!

[quote]BASTARD G wrote:
oh god. i have to say this. there was a girl in my high school that was either a soph or junior when i was a sr … that benched 275. i don’t recall what she squatted. from the looks of her, i would not be surpised if she could have done 400 or more. she was thick as hell, and not fat.

we wanted to recruit her for football, but then wideguy fucked her, and she transferred.[/quote]

hahahahaha wideguy fucks it up again!