Girl Sentenced to Abort Baby

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Nobody is talking about zygotes here. Unless the girl took the “morning after pill”, she would not have aborted a zygote, which consists of between two and sixteen cells. After which, it is called an embryo, until about the eighth week after fertilization, when it is called a fetus.
[/quote]

Hmm. I assumed it was in a short period of time. There’s no time frame stated.

Oh well, just replace zygote with the word emryo.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
… Or that those who support adoption also do things that obstruct the process?

Yes. Abortion rights activists often oppose regulations that require parental notification, mandatory counseling etc for women getting abortions.

The country is full of people that would love a chance to adopt an infant unfortunately during this difficult time abortion activists want to restrict the womans access to groups that could help place the baby.

I am not in favor of so called Christians screaming at women going in to get abortions. I am in favor of a more rational method of reducing the number of abortions in this country and placing these unwanted babies.[/quote]

A very rational stance. Unfortunately, I think the idea of abortion being “safe, legal, and rare,” as Bill Clinton put it, will never happen. With the first two, you aren’t gonna see the third.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
…A very rational stance. Unfortunately, I think the idea of abortion being “safe, legal, and rare,” as Bill Clinton put it, will never happen. With the first two, you aren’t gonna see the third.[/quote]

I fear you are correct.

[quote]metalsluggx wrote:
In other news 50,000 kids died in Iraq.[/quote]

There are ~ 1.3 million abortions in the US EVERY YEAR.

metalsluggx wrote:
In other news 50,000 kids died in Iraq.

There are ~ 1.3 million abortions in the US EVERY YEAR.[/quote]

Doesn’t that tell you something?

We need better sex education, we need to make condoms and birth control easier to access, and most of all we need parents to get off their lazy asses and talk to their kids!

What we DON’T need is a bunch of kids to young to understand that using a condom is important having babies.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
metalsluggx wrote:
In other news 50,000 kids died in Iraq.

There are ~ 1.3 million abortions in the US EVERY YEAR.

Doesn’t that tell you something?

We need better sex education, we need to make condoms and birth control easier to access, and most of all we need parents to get off their lazy asses and talk to their kids!

What we DON’T need is a bunch of kids to young to understand that using a condom is important having babies.[/quote]

Agree 100%.

I think if we would fix our adoption laws and provide real counseling to pregnant teenages we would have fewer abortions in the US.

My neighbor directly across the street wanted to adopt two infants any race in the US. He was unsuccessful and ended up adopting 2 baby boys from Central America.

One of my college roommates had to go to Korea to adopt a boy and girl.

The system is broken in this country and those that support abortion are the same ones that are obstructing the process.[/quote]

I don’t mean to sound too insensitive, but was the problem that laws were too restrictive, or was there a shortage of babies without addictions or developmental disorders?

[quote]etaco wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

I think if we would fix our adoption laws and provide real counseling to pregnant teenages we would have fewer abortions in the US.

My neighbor directly across the street wanted to adopt two infants any race in the US. He was unsuccessful and ended up adopting 2 baby boys from Central America.

One of my college roommates had to go to Korea to adopt a boy and girl.

The system is broken in this country and those that support abortion are the same ones that are obstructing the process.

I don’t mean to sound too insensitive, but was the problem that laws were too restrictive, or was there a shortage of babies without addictions or developmental disorders?[/quote]

The problem was they do not let white people adopt black babies and there is a waiting list far too long for white babies. I am sure it is possible to do it but my neigbor in PA and my buddy in MA both failed in their attempts. They had to leave the country and of course ended up adopting outside their “race” anyway.

Not all unwanted children are the result of addiction or are developmental disabled although there certainly is a high incidence of that.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
A very rational stance. Unfortunately, I think the idea of abortion being “safe, legal, and rare,” as Bill Clinton put it, will never happen. With the first two, you aren’t gonna see the third.[/quote]

If the focus is only on abortion, you’re probably right. Is has to be accompanied by education about sex, pregnancy, STDs, etc. and supported by effective birth control being available. If we expect our kids to eventually become responsible adults, we have to teach them how to act responsibly.

The problem was they do not let white people adopt black babies[/quote]

What? Why the hell not? That’s completely retarded.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
The problem was they do not let white people adopt black babies

What? Why the hell not? That’s completely retarded.
[/quote]

Beats the fuck out of me. They would rather a black kid get stuck in an orphanage than have him endure the stress of being in a white family.

They would rather a black kid get stuck in an orphanage than have him endure the stress of being in a white family.[/quote]

Do they allow black families to adopt white babies?

Should they?

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
They would rather a black kid get stuck in an orphanage than have him endure the stress of being in a white family.

Do they allow black families to adopt white babies?
[/quote]

Probably not.

Sure.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
Varq,

Excellent, excellent posts. It’s sad that some people won’t see a fetus as a living, developing human being. I mean, without outside human interferance, that child continues to develop just as an infant outside of the body would.

Damn, that photo is sobering.

This has nothing to do with the Choice vs Life debate.[/quote]

And yet, it has everything to do with choice.

The parents made a choice did they not?

The unborn baby however, lost.

Again, her parents made a choice.

I agree, the burden absolutely lies with the parents. Where were they when she was getting knocked up? I absolutely think that her parents should shoulder the responsibility of their new grandchild. I’m glad we agree on this.

Some folks however, see this unborn child as just a pain in the ass to be avoided, i.e. killed and discarded as medical waste. Sad really.