Girl Sentenced to Abort Baby

Torino, Italy
Judge sentences girl to abort baby
13 year old had to abort because of a judge ruling

Alan Zammit 17 February 2007

An Italian judge ordered a 13 year old girl from Torino to abort her unborn child because her parents were opposed to the baby.

Italian legislation states that a minor is not allowed to decide whether to abort or not and the ‘decision’ falls entirely on the guardians or parents.

The shocking story was brought into light by Italian newspaper La Stampa in which the paper reports that the girl didn’t want to abort the baby but had to after the ruling. She then had to receive treatment after telling her parents she was going to attempt a suicide.

The girl got pregnant by her 15 year old boyfriend but despite this she still wanted to keep the baby.

However her parents were very angry and demanded an abortion. After the abortion the girl went into a frenzy and threatened she was going to kill herself.

“The unborn baby is still a life and I defend life whatever the situation.” Severino Poletto, Archbishop of Torino told the paper.

“Society must take of this child. I certainly oppose abortions but this case allows us to reflect on the situation. We have to take a step back and ask ourselves how this could have happened to a 13 year old girl.” he added.

We have moved! - MaltaStar.com

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Torino, Italy
Judge sentences girl to abort baby
13 year old had to abort because of a judge ruling

Alan Zammit 17 February 2007

An Italian judge ordered a 13 year old girl from Torino to abort her unborn child because her parents were opposed to the baby.

Italian legislation states that a minor is not allowed to decide whether to abort or not and the ‘decision’ falls entirely on the guardians or parents.

The shocking story was brought into light by Italian newspaper La Stampa in which the paper reports that the girl didn’t want to abort the baby but had to after the ruling. She then had to receive treatment after telling her parents she was going to attempt a suicide.

The girl got pregnant by her 15 year old boyfriend but despite this she still wanted to keep the baby.

However her parents were very angry and demanded an abortion. After the abortion the girl went into a frenzy and threatened she was going to kill herself.

“The unborn baby is still a life and I defend life whatever the situation.” Severino Poletto, Archbishop of Torino told the paper.

“Society must take of this child. I certainly oppose abortions but this case allows us to reflect on the situation. We have to take a step back and ask ourselves how this could have happened to a 13 year old girl.” he added.

We have moved! - MaltaStar.com
[/quote]

She aborted my baby! Bitch!

They need more sex education. Shocking.

Why the hell shouldn’t it be the parents decision? There the ones who’d end up paying for it.

It’s best if she didn’t have it. Period. The parents are making the right decision that will lead to a better life for the girl.

When your under 16, you have no rights.

Too bad, so sad, wear a fucking condom next time.

I bet anything the girl doesn’t give two shits about religion. She’s making an emotional choice, an irrational one that would most likely ruin her life.

I’d rather it be a “Abort or we’ll abandon your ass” situation, but this is hardly something to cause an uproar over.

Whats the argument against this? The only one I can think of is the same as the one for abortion in general.

Convince me wrong?

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

Whats the argument against this? The only one I can think of is the same as the one for abortion in general.

Convince me wrong?[/quote]

Its because human life is precious, and needs to always be respected and defended whenever possible, no matter what.

Except, of course, if that human life happens to live in within imaginary lines that the people who live in the same imaginary lines as you do are at war with.

In other news 50,000 kids died in Iraq.

That was a tough position for the judge to be in.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
Its because human life is precious, and needs to always be respected and defended whenever possible, no matter what.[/quote]

A zygote is not human “life”. Its a mass of cells that have the potential for “life”.

Zygote.

[quote]brucevangeorge wrote:
Zygote.[/quote]

Fetus.

Nobody is talking about zygotes here. Unless the girl took the “morning after pill”, she would not have aborted a zygote, which consists of between two and sixteen cells. After which, it is called an embryo, until about the eighth week after fertilization, when it is called a fetus.

Pregnancy technically begins once the embryo attaches to the uterine lining. By the time most women realize they are pregnant, decide that they don’t want to keep their babies, and make the decision to have an abortion, enough time has passed for us to be talking about fetuses. I don’t know how far along this girl was, but according to Italian law abortions may only be performed in the first trimester (up to 14 weeks after conception), unless the fetus is badly damaged, or the life of the mother would be at risk if the pregnancy were to continue.

Zygotes, embryos and fetuses are all, biologically speaking, unquestionably alive and human. The question is whether they would be viable outside of the womb. In the case of the first two, certainly not. In the case of the third, maybe. The baby pictured above was born at 22 weeks, and weighed ten ounces. Now, four months later, she is alive and well and weighs four pounds.

This was in Florida, where fetuses older than 22 weeks are routinely and legally aborted.

Here’s another similar story, with a different outcome, for comparison. Have fun with this one.

And in case you were wondering, the object in the foreground of the photo above is a pen.

Thats fucked up. Being forced to abort a child is on such bad moral ground its almost facist.

Varq,

Excellent, excellent posts. It’s sad that some people won’t see a fetus as a living, developing human being. I mean, without outside human interferance, that child continues to develop just as an infant outside of the body would.

Damn, that photo is sobering.

[quote]metalsluggx wrote:
In other news 50,000 kids died in Iraq.[/quote]
In still other news: over 3 million kids died in America from abortion during the same time period.

It is fucked up. A society should be able to help a girl take care of baby if she wants to keep it.

I would have no problem if the judge forced the girl to use birth control so she didn’t make a habit out of getting pregnant at such a young age but to murder her baby is awful.

What kind of physical and emotional damage is the girl going to have for the rest of her life?

If her parents don’t want to take care of the baby they didn’t have to. There are other ways.

[quote]Juan Blanco wrote:
metalsluggx wrote:
In other news 50,000 kids died in Iraq.
In still other news: over 3 million kids died in America from abortion during the same time period.

Soooo…

Unborn child dies as a result of a woman exercising her right to govern her body = wrong. Must be stopped.

Baby/child/teenager/grown man/grown woman dies because they live the wrong place at the wrong time = acceptable loss. Hey, gotta break a few eggs to make an omlette.

Is that about right?

It is fucked up. A society should be able to help a girl take care of baby if she wants to keep it.

[/quote]

I agree, however, we live in a competitive society rather than a cooperative one.

(IMO) If those who argue against abortion were so passionate about improving conditions that cause many to choose to have abortions (such as poverty), instead of only being concerned that the baby be born, there would certainly be less abortions in the world.

Zap Branigan wrote:

I agree, however, we live in a competitive society rather than a cooperative one.

(IMO) If those who argue against abortion were so passionate about improving conditions that cause many to choose to have abortions (such as poverty), instead of only being concerned that the baby be born, there would certainly be less abortions in the world.[/quote]

I think if we would fix our adoption laws and provide real counseling to pregnant teenages we would have fewer abortions in the US.

My neighbor directly across the street wanted to adopt two infants any race in the US. He was unsuccessful and ended up adopting 2 baby boys from Central America.

One of my college roommates had to go to Korea to adopt a boy and girl.

The system is broken in this country and those that support abortion are the same ones that are obstructing the process.

CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

(IMO) If those who argue against abortion were so passionate about improving conditions that cause many to choose to have abortions (such as poverty), instead of only being concerned that the baby be born, there would certainly be less abortions in the world.

I think if we would fix our adoption laws and provide real counseling to pregnant teenages we would have fewer abortions in the US.

My neighbor directly across the street wanted to adopt two infants any race in the US. He was unsuccessful and ended up adopting 2 baby boys from Central America.

One of my college roommates had to go to Korea to adopt a boy and girl.

The system is broken in this country and those that support abortion are the same ones that are obstructing the process.[/quote]

Are you suggesting that supporting abortion directly obstructs the process of improving the adoption problem in the us? Or that those who support adoption also do things that obstruct the process?

Do you think you could elaborate a little?

… Or that those who support adoption also do things that obstruct the process?

[/quote]

Yes. Abortion rights activists often oppose regulations that require parental notification, mandatory counseling etc for women getting abortions.

The country is full of people that would love a chance to adopt an infant unfortunately during this difficult time abortion activists want to restrict the womans access to groups that could help place the baby.

I am not in favor of so called Christians screaming at women going in to get abortions. I am in favor of a more rational method of reducing the number of abortions in this country and placing these unwanted babies.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
Varq,

Excellent, excellent posts. It’s sad that some people won’t see a fetus as a living, developing human being. I mean, without outside human interferance, that child continues to develop just as an infant outside of the body would.

Damn, that photo is sobering.[/quote]

This has nothing to do with the Choice vs Life debate.

It has to do with the parents vs Minor debate.

The parents win. Period.

She wasn’t sentenced to abort because shes not ready, she was sentenced to abort because that’s what her parents wished.

And why the fuck should society pick up the bill for some fuck up a little girl made? Thats her PARENTS job, not societies.