T Nation

Girl´s Powerlifting, Weightlifting and all for MMA Fighting

Hi,

My name is Pavla and I try to be MMA fighter.

My sport background is powerlifting, weightlifting, crossfit and lot of other sports... I have my own gym especially for functional training. No machines, just bars, weights, kettlebells, ropes, etc...

I train more phases every day. Normally one training on a barbell, one for stand up (boxing, kick boxing, thai...) and one for ground (BJJ, grappling, or MMA)

I am nearly 31 years old, 170cm/70kg.

My PRs at 63kg cathegory:
Back squat 160kg
Front squat 140x2
Bench press 107
Deadlift 210 (with IPF dress), 190 raw
Snatch 98
CJ 118

I love my training.... It is very important part of my life... :slightly_smiling:

Have a nice day!
Pavla

Awesome!!! Welcome!!

Today:

I. Phase - fight

MMA training 90 minutes

II. Phase - barbell

On the minute:
Even: Push press snatch grip 3/45 - 55 - 65 - 75 - 80 - 85 - 87,5 - 87,5 - 90 - 90
Odd: Rumunian dead lift from deficite 3/60 - 60 - 60 - 65 - 65 - 65 - 70 - 70 - 70
1 min rest
Even: Jerk from boxes 3/65 - 65 - 75 - 80 - 80 - 82,5 - 82,5 - 85
Odd: Rumunian dead lift from deficite 3/70 - 70 - 75 - 75 75 - 80 - 80 - 80
1 min rest
Even: Back squat 3/60 - 80 - 90 - 100 - 105 - 110 - 110 - 115 - 115 - 120 - 120
Odd: Bench press 3/50 - 60 - 65 - 70 - 74 - 77 - 77 - 77 - 80 - 80 - 80

3/x - y… 3 reps with x in first set, with y in second… :slight_smile:

Whole training with warm up and cool down is about 70 minutes. I love this type of training :slight_smile:

Afternoon I have box and weightlifting season…

Nice day!

Welcome! :slight_smile:

Quick question… are your PRs all in KG? You had your squat in KG so I wasn’t sure about the rest of your lifts. If so, you are crazy strong! And is your log in KG or LBS? Either way, welcome. :slight_smile:

Also, just curious, what country are you from?

Hi :slight_smile:

I am from Czech republic, middle Europe.

And all of my post will be in kg :slight_smile:

III. phase:

MMA sparring stand up + take downs

IV. phase:

Power snatch from the floor + from hang
1+1/35 - 35 - 45 - 45 - 55 - 60 - 60 - 65 - 65 - 70 - 70

Power Clean + Jerk
2+1/45 - 55 - 65 - 70 - 75 - 80
1+1/85 - 90 - 95

Snatch pulls
2/80 - 85 - 85 - 85 - 85

Thats all for today :slight_smile:

Will be following. Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

Im in.

What martial arts do you train in?

Uncle Bird.

tweet

I want to compete in MMA. So I train thai box, wrestling, grappling for MMA and full MMA :slight_smile: It is not easy to prepare me for the fight… :slight_smile:

Today:

I. phase:

BJJ for MMA
90 min

II. phase:

Primal moves, some drills for BJJ and resets (original strength)

Power snatch
2/45 - 45 - 55 - 55 - 65 - 65 - 65 - 70 - 70

Deadlift
2/60 - 90 - 100 - 110 - 120 - 130 - 140 - 145 - 150

III. phase:

Grappling
60 min

So sorry for my English. I know it is not perfect :slight_smile: I want and try to learn it more…

Please stop embarrasing me with your deadlift numbers, it hurts!

Really strong and a passionate martial artist, I’m in! Feel free to tell something about your martial arts training (how it went, what you would like to improve, etc.), there are a lot of martial artists around here who love to hear that (I’m one of them)!

About your country, I was in Prague a few weeks back, and it was wonderfull. It’s pretty funny to see how much it differs from Germany, but is so close on the map.

I wish you the best, Pavla

Thanks a lot!

I started with MMA few months ago. I have no fight background, so I am still beginner :slight_smile: But… I am really determined! :slight_smile:

I have to improve my stand up. I feel better on a ground :smiley: But on the other side there are lot of techniques, which I cant… So… Actually I have to improve everything :smiley:

I love Prague. I was born in Kladno, but I live in Prague for 12 years… It is really nice place :slight_smile:

Yesterday:

Only one phase, because my physiotherapist prohibited me everything after my visit there. (I have some small spasm on my back :))

OHS (over head squat)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf1pkoxbRkg (older video :))
3/40 - 50 - 60 - 70 - 75 - 80

OTM:
Even: Squats 3/60 - 90 - 100 - 105 - 110 - 115 - 120 - 125
Odd: Bench press 3/40 - 50 - 60 - 65 - 70 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85

Today:

I. phase:

BJJ for MMA

Second will be weightlifting and than some grappling :slight_smile:

Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

II. Phase:

Snatch
2/35 - 45 - 55 - 65
1/75 - 80

C+J
1+1/55 - 65 - 75 - 80 - 85 - 90 - 95 - 100

Dead lift
2/110 - 120 - 130 - 140
1/150 - 155

All of that without belt :slight_smile:

III. Phase:

Grappling
60 min

• technique only :slight_smile:

I started with weightlifting last week after more than 2 years rest… I think about nationals, but I am not sure about that. We will see… :slight_smile:

I really like the OTM odd-even minutes system! Reminds me of Alpha ( http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/alphas_work_iv?id=6189158&pageNo=0 ). Maybe you want to check him out, he also is a passionate martial artist and lifter.
OTM keeps you very accountable for your work, and forces you to focus, love it.

You’re never too old to learn, I think it’s really cool you picked up the sport. I believe 5 years of really determined, hard work can do more than 10 years of sandbagging, so I wouldn’t be too suprised if you become far more than a beginner in a year.

And Prague, it’s massive right? We just hung around in Old Prague, like the Astronomical Clock, Carl’s bridge…that part, and it was already so big. You know those parts of the city well?

[quote]kulisek wrote:

I started with weightlifting last week after more than 2 years rest… I think about nationals, but I am not sure about that. We will see… :slight_smile:

[/quote]
First thing, welcome! Also, am I understanding this correctly? From what I understand, you have started back with weightlifting 2 weeks ago, after resting for 2 years? So you have not weightlifted for 2 years and you are still this strong?

Crazy strong and impressive. Especially so since the IPF mention suggests you are free of all WADA-banned substances.

Looking forward to following your progress.

Kulisek, there is a video of you competing in IPF last year on YouTube, and your Facebook shows videos, pictures and logs of you weightlifting from last month and throughout this year. Edit: when I read you had not weightlifted in 2 years I thought that you were saying you hadn’t trained with weights, and i thought you were trolling. Seems to me now that you actually meant you had not done C&J or Snatch in 2 years. I did find your page on powerlifter.cz, however and it shows you did a competition in March 2014. Very strong!

I maybe write it wrong, or incomprehensible, because of my English :frowning: So sorry for it…

In weightlifting I had last com in march last year (and I did not prepairing for that. I stopped with professional WL in march 2013). I did few times some power CJ or snatch on my training, but I did not train strategically for that.
Squats, deadlifts and benchpress I do constantly… I had some medals on european champ this year, of course in IPF. (I had wada doping monitoring during my whole career :))

So sorry for confusion…

Today:

I. phase
Snatch
2/35 - 35 - 45 - 45 - 50 - 55 - 55 - 60 - 60 - 65 - 65 - 70 - 70

C+J
2+1/55 - 55 - 65 - 70 - 75 - 80 - 85

Back squats
3/60 - 90 - 100 - 110 - 120 - 125 - 130

II. phase
MMA
90 min

Afternoon stand up training and one more MMA lesson :slight_smile:

Language barrier, no worries. At least you’re not some fat sweaty dude impersonating a beautiful talented lifter on the internet for attention. :wink:

Your competition record is inspiring, I look forward to following your log. :slight_smile:

[quote]Panopticum wrote:
I really like the OTM odd-even minutes system! Reminds me of Alpha ( http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/alphas_work_iv?id=6189158&pageNo=0 ). Maybe you want to check him out, he also is a passionate martial artist and lifter.
OTM keeps you very accountable for your work, and forces you to focus, love it.

You’re never too old to learn, I think it’s really cool you picked up the sport. I believe 5 years of really determined, hard work can do more than 10 years of sandbagging, so I wouldn’t be too suprised if you become far more than a beginner in a year.

And Prague, it’s massive right? We just hung around in Old Prague, like the Astronomical Clock, Carl’s bridge…that part, and it was already so big. You know those parts of the city well?

[/quote]

I really love intervals training!
It keeps me in thempo… I have to change it, maybe next cyclus will be with 50s intervals. It starts to be easy for me and I dont want do more reps, because of my genetics :smiley: I dont want to have big muscles.
(I have experiences with 5 reps squats It makes my legs in to the Hulks shape :D)
I want to be strong with lean body :smiley: Of course I want to stay girl…

I give my fight career lot of time and energy so I hope it will be faster :smiley: I really want to have fight in a cage. My coaches want to send me there next year… Problem is with my oponents…

Prague is not so large. Everybody from here knows Old town, Carls bridge :slight_smile: I live ten minutes from the centrum. It is really sooo nice.