Girl Dismissed From LIFTING Class!

[quote]ThatGirl77 wrote:
Well derrr.

But where does it say that 18 young men and the instructor had their penises (penii?) drawn and at the ready? It doesn’t say that and unless it was some kind of gay thing or a gang problem, I doubt it was reality.[/quote]

Slow down Tex, it was a funny!

[quote]ThatGirl77 wrote:

THAT is my point.

My God, some of you guys on here really like to nitpick what I say. Way to show your maturity.
[/quote]
Not one person criticized your opinion. Prof X disagreed with it, and no one else even addressed it.

She should get over it. Call it a lesson learned and get on with her life a little more prepared for what is to come.

If this is the worst thing that has happened to her, she should thank her lucky stars for a charmed life. A lot of people lose a lot more than a couple of days of class for a lot less.

From what I can tell about the judicial system- If there is no harm done, there is no monetary compensation. Going after seven digit punitive damages is just bullshit. If anything were awarded, it should have to go towards something remedial, not in to the lawyer and plaintiffs pockets.

This stinks of an opportunistic lawsuite/bunko artistry.

My bets are the judge tosses it. It’s news and not a realistic lawsuit. The law does not allow for suits for temporary damages except in the form of emotional distress, and she has no permanent damages.

She was reinstated and got an A in the class. And emotional distress is exceedingly difficult to state a claim for, especially absent other damages.

it is ABSURD that they couldn’t work this out. stuff like this should be solved over a cup of coffee. a lawsuit ?! a fucking lawsuit ?! do you know who’s going to pay for her million dollar diaper ?

included in this story should be a cost/benefit analysis for the school district and the taxes of the people who live there. if you folks are so eager to support her why not take up a collection and put your money where your mouth is.

Someone should take out all the fucking losers who start dumb lawsuits. Anyone who believes what she is doing is right is fucking retarded.

You americans seem like a bunch of pansies suing over every little thing, wtf cares is she couldn’t workout for 3 days, big fucking deal. To bad she wasn’t raped then she might actually have something to complain about.

Obviously he made a mistake in todays world but I can understand what the principal was thinking. If you have a hot fit girl surrounded by dozens of boys in an isolated area, you can expect some problems. If she was even harassed he would have probably been sued. He was looking out for her and I can appreciate that.

[quote]summa wrote:
Obviously he made a mistake in todays world but I can understand what the principal was thinking. If you have a hot fit girl surrounded by dozens of boys in an isolated area, you can expect some problems. If she was even harassed he would have probably been sued. He was looking out for her and I can appreciate that. [/quote]

I am wondering if those who support this suit are doing so on the basis of women’s rights? If so, why?

Hmm… should I Facebook her? lol

[quote]swivel wrote:
it is ABSURD that they couldn’t work this out. stuff like this should be solved over a cup of coffee. a lawsuit ?! a fucking lawsuit ?! do you know who’s going to pay for her million dollar diaper ?

included in this story should be a cost/benefit analysis for the school district and the taxes of the people who live there. if you folks are so eager to support her why not take up a collection and put your money where your mouth is.[/quote]

On the other side, if she was let in and DID get raped…then she would probably sue anyways. so damned if you do and damned if you dont.

The case is bullshit and hurts women more than it helps.

First of all,when I’m working out I’m focused on my exercises,not having sex with some girl.
So,if he didn’t have concrete evidence that she might be at risk of getting raped,then why would he remove her from the gym?

Thats like me eating at taco bell and calling the police because a gang is eating in there too. They didn’t rob the place,but since they’re a gang they COULD of.
Sure the guys COULD of raped the girl,but I highly doubt a bunch of highschool teenagers were strategically plotting to get together and rape some girl.

Yes,even school shootings happen.
But how many schools are there in America?
Now,how many school shootings happen every year?
Not really that many-the news just makes everything look worse.

I think he was a little too over-protective.
Maybe his unfounded assumptions got the best of him for his part? I admire him for watching out for his students,but I think he went a little too far.
Besides,if he was there,it probably wouldn’t of happened even if they were secretly plotting to rape this young girl.

At the same time,I don’t think this justifies a law-suit.
I think the young gold digger is just looking for some easy money.

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
Personally, I would like to drag the principal back and forth over a bed made of concertina wire. Not because of what he did to the student. But because of the fact that he makes it sound like men are rapists, and that a big group of men will just automatically rape a girl by herself. That doesn’t make any sense to me. [/quote]

I completely agree.

$1 million lawsuit is absurd. Thats a fact.

Second, the principal realized he made a wrong (debatable) decision and tried to correct it.

It doesnt look like he made a decision based on her being a girl who cant lift weights. He made a decision based on a girl being in a room with horney teenage boys.

I dont think it makes the coach look too good though. He’s not trusted enough to do the right thing. Thats interesting.

Right or wrong $1 million for this is asanine. He corrected his “mistake.” She missed 3 days of lifting.

If she is permanently distressed from this there are much deeper issues at work here.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
First of all,when I’m working out I’m focused on my exercises,not having sex with some girl.[/quote]

And I’m guessing you’re not a teenage boy at the height of his sexual desires either…

[quote]vroom wrote:
ThatGirl77 wrote:
Well derrr.

But where does it say that 18 young men and the instructor had their penises (penii?) drawn and at the ready? It doesn’t say that and unless it was some kind of gay thing or a gang problem, I doubt it was reality.

Slow down Tex, it was a funny![/quote]

I know. Internet forum and all that. :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t be concerned with one girl and a whole class full of guys. I would be more concerned with one girl and say, just one other guy or just the coach. I just kind of doubt someone would rape a girl with 28 other guys there.

[quote]MetalMikeXVI wrote:
I just kind of doubt someone would rape a girl with 28 other guys there.[/quote]

Really, never been to the Puerto Rican Day parade in NYC then huh?

There are clearly greater injustices in the world.

[quote]PGA wrote:

I dont think it makes the coach look too good though. He’s not trusted enough to do the right thing. Thats interesting.
[/quote]

That’s what I was thinking. If anybody should be suing for anything, it should be the coach for defamation of character by the principal, and subsequently, the school attorney:

“She is up there with a bunch of football players, a 24- to 25-year-old coach, the only girl ? there is a safety issue there. It was a hard call for the principal to make,” Knight answered.

Imagine being that coach and having first the school principal, then some attorney who’s probably never met you imply that, not only are you unprofessional and not in control of your class, but you yourself are a safety risk and potential rapist!

4 years of college, shit pay, and now some overpaid, horse’s ass school attorney publicly implies you are a risk to your students and potential sexual predator?

I would say the coach would have a much better chance of winning this suit than the girl has of winning hers.

[quote]Digital Chainsaw wrote:
PGA wrote:

That’s what I was thinking. If anybody should be suing for anything, it should be the coach for defamation of character by the principal, and subsequently, the school attorney:

“She is up there with a bunch of football players, a 24- to 25-year-old coach, the only girl ? there is a safety issue there. It was a hard call for the principal to make,” Knight answered.

Imagine being that coach and having first the school principal, then some attorney who’s probably never met you imply that, not only are you unprofessional and not in control of your class, but you yourself are a safety risk and potential rapist!

4 years of college, shit pay, and now some overpaid, horse’s ass school attorney publicly implies you are a risk to your students and potential sexual predator?

I would say the coach would have a much better chance of winning this suit than the girl has of winning hers.[/quote]

That’s a good point.