T Nation

Girl Arrested for Instagram Pic

Police Harassment?

Makes yah wonder

I’m not exactly sure what she did wrong?

She hurt the little fellers feelers
Thank god this kinda stuff never happens here in America…

I’d like to see a lot of people arrested for they way they use Instagram.

Not this girl though. Ridiculous.

So she has been accused of criminal harassment but not formally charged, yet she has to appear in court.

Is this sort of thing pretty standard in Canada?

And how can she be in trouble for posting a picture the news is now re-posting? Wouldn’t that mean posting the picture itself is not the crime.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
I’d like to see a lot of people arrested for they way they use Instagram.
[/quote]

you mean when they use it like this?

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
I’d like to see a lot of people arrested for they way they use Instagram.
[/quote]

you mean when they use it like this?

Of course the music is Nickelback, of course.

[quote]tonypluto wrote:
She hurt the little fellers feelers
Thank god this kinda stuff never happens here in America…[/quote]

missed inflection of sarcasm due to internet?

[quote]dirtman wrote:
Police Harassment?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2013/04/04/montreal-police-graffiti-arrest-instagram.html

Makes yah wonder[/quote]

Why are all the Hipster guys wearing those Terrorist looking things around their neck?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]dirtman wrote:
Police Harassment?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2013/04/04/montreal-police-graffiti-arrest-instagram.html

Makes yah wonder[/quote]

Why are all the Hipster guys wearing those Terrorist looking things around their neck?[/quote]

Did not see it in the link but if it is what I think it is, it started out as a sign of solidarity with the terribly, terribly oppressed Palestine people.

Stick it to the man so to speak, where Israel was seen as the man.

I doubt that half of them know how it started nowadays.

[quote]JLone wrote:
So she has been accused of criminal harassment but not formally charged, yet she has to appear in court.

Is this sort of thing pretty standard in Canada?

And how can she be in trouble for posting a picture the news is now re-posting? Wouldn’t that mean posting the picture itself is not the crime. [/quote]

These days Canada and Quebec aren’t really the same thing.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
I’d like to see a lot of people arrested for they way they use Instagram.
[/quote]

you mean when they use it like this?
[/quote]

Hahaha, perfect.

Fuck the police.