Girl Advice

After she kept backing out of plans I would have just stopped talking to her if I were you. You are young and have plenty of years of good times in front of you. If you still want to talk to her and be friends then go for it. I wouldn’t hope for anything though. I wouldn’t let her stand in your way of meeting another awesome chick either.

My experience is that the I just got out of a long term relationship is an excuse sometimes. I think it’s their way of saying you aren’t the right guy for me. Unless she is still really hung up on this dude.

So I got a call today and apparently a Recon contract opened up and I was offered it. The catch is I leave in 10 days. There’s a $5K bonus though and I get a shot at being a Recon Marine, which is something I want. I hope I make it. The pass rate is low.

So I’m probably not going to meet this girl before I leave now… I don’t know, dudes. I don’t know what to think right now. I should probably be running right now, but I’m drinking… I’m a weird combination of somber and excited.

[quote]ChicagoLad wrote:
So I got a call today and apparently a Recon contract opened up and I was offered it. The catch is I leave in 10 days. There’s a $5K bonus though and I get a shot at being a Recon Marine, which is something I want. I hope I make it. The pass rate is low.

So I’m probably not going to meet this girl before I leave now… I don’t know, dudes. I don’t know what to think right now. I should probably be running right now, but I’m drinking… I’m a weird combination of somber and excited.[/quote]

No, don’t meet her or do anything else that’s going to fuck with your head.

Focus on your goal and go get it.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

[quote]ChicagoLad wrote:

So I’m probably not going to meet this girl before I leave now… I don’t know, dudes. I don’t know what to think right now. I should probably be running right now, but I’m drinking… I’m a weird combination of somber and excited.[/quote]

No, don’t meet her or do anything else that’s going to fuck with your head.

Focus on your goal and go get it.

[/quote]

I’m not thinking about her. I’m thinking about leaving in a week. Boot camp and School of Infantry should be fine, but Recon School is legit tough and has a low pass rate. What if I fail? I’ve never failed at anything before. I can’t imagine how it would affect me and how it would affect me self-confidence. Failing could be a psychological death sentence… but it’s a legitimate possibility. What if I’m not fast enough or can’t shoot straight enough or can’t swim well enough… I don’t mean to be all gay and shit. I just wanted to say that to someone…

Good, your head is in the right place.

The girl will still be there when you come back. Or she won’t. There will always be others.

Also, if you haven’t yet, go read through any of Alpha’s logs on here. That’s the mindset you need to cultivate.

Best of luck.

[quote]LoRez wrote:
Good, your head is in the right place.

The girl will still be there when you come back. Or she won’t. There will always be others.

Also, if you haven’t yet, go read through any of Alpha’s logs on here. That’s the mindset you need to cultivate.

Best of luck.[/quote]
You know how 99% of hot girls have either a shitty personality or some sort of emotional issues? Well, she’s the 1%; she’s basically me with a vagina and pretty eyes. I don’t know that I’ll be able to find another one. I don’t care about any of the other girls I’m seeing, but this one is different.

Anyway, mind linking me the blog or whatever you’re talking about?

[quote]ChicagoLad wrote:
You know how 99% of hot girls have either a shitty personality or some sort of emotional issues? Well, she’s the 1%; she’s basically me with a vagina and pretty eyes. I don’t know that I’ll be able to find another one. I don’t care about any of the other girls I’m seeing, but this one is different.[/quote]

Yeah, I know what you mean, but I also know there’s more than 1 of them out there. Maybe not much more than 10 you’ll meet in your life, but more than 1.

Alpha’s Work II
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/alphas_work_ii

Alpha’s Work 3 (current log)
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/alphas_work_3

and for some lighter reading

Alpha: How do you train?
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/alpha_how_do_you_train

Consider (!!) sending her this message or something similar:

‘Hey,
I’m leaving in ten days for a recon contract. I know you feel like it’s too soon to meet, but I would really like to briefly see you before I go; like, meet at a coffee shop for half an hour or so, no strings attached. If you still feel you can not do this, I understand; but I’d appreciate it nonetheless.’

Unless, of cause, such a meeting will fuck up your mindset for a few weeks. I’m a big romantic but this is your career we’re talking about.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

‘Hey,
I’m leaving in ten days for a recon contract. I know you feel like it’s too soon to meet, but I would really like to briefly see you before I go; like, meet at a coffee shop for half an hour or so, no strings attached. If you still feel you can not do this, I understand; but I’d appreciate it nonetheless.’

Unless, of cause, such a meeting will fuck up your mindset for a few weeks. I’m a big romantic but this is your career we’re talking about.[/quote]
I don’t think I want to meet her for her sake. I could be gone for a while and I don’t want her to be hung up on me. She’s pretty young and ~8-10 months is a long time given her short points of reference. I gave her my email. Moving on. I need to focus on what’s coming up.

This girl is not who she says she is homie. Believe that.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

‘Hey,

Unless, of cause, such a meeting will fuck up your mindset for a few weeks. I’m a big romantic but this is your career we’re talking about.[/quote]

Weaksausce!

[quote]Defekt wrote:
This girl is not who she says she is homie. Believe that.[/quote]
Nope. Liar. How do you sleep at night?

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]ChicagoLad wrote:
You know how 99% of hot girls have either a shitty personality or some sort of emotional issues? Well, she’s the 1%; she’s basically me with a vagina and pretty eyes. I don’t know that I’ll be able to find another one. I don’t care about any of the other girls I’m seeing, but this one is different.[/quote]

Yeah, I know what you mean, but I also know there’s more than 1 of them out there. Maybe not much more than 10 you’ll meet in your life, but more than 1.

Alpha’s Work II
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/alphas_work_ii

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/alphas_work_3

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/alpha_how_do_you_train[/quote]

Hahaha! This is why internet forum threads about relationship are a joke (or all for the matter). Lots of internet words for a bunch of real life nothing.

Some guy take steroids, writes a bunch of bullshit about how to do the impossible to give himself some self-importance (actually it is just weightlifiting, something that was already invented by someone a long time ago and that doesnt require any amount of talent) and now he is your life inspiration?

That is why no one listen to Lorez.

You are 22 yrs old, you should be fucking everything in sight.

[quote]jasmincar wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]ChicagoLad wrote:

Alpha’s Work II

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/alpha_how_do_you_train[/quote]

Hahaha! This is why internet forum threads about relationship are a joke (or all for the matter). Lots of internet words for a bunch of real life nothing.

Some guy take steroids, writes a bunch of bullshit about how to do the impossible to give himself some self-importance (actually it is just weightlifiting, something that was already invented by someone a long time ago and that doesnt require any amount of talent) and now he is your life inspiration?

That is why no one listen to Lorez.[/quote]

I’ve never been as attracted to anyone as I am to you right now.

You’re just such an asshole all the time! It’s fantastic

PIIHB!!!

Okay number 1 I’ve never heard of anyone getting a call to be offered an 0321 contract. That comes after or near the end of SOI. But whatever…Maybe it does happen. Da fuck do I know?

Number 2. When you leave for bootcamp thats 3 months of no talking to this girl. Unless she actually writes you letter (which could happen). Then another 3 months of SOI. Then lets say you actually make the cut for the course. Then you’re going to rot in MART for awhile before finally getting to BRC. Where you have about another 2 months of training.

So lets say you make it this far and earn your black silkies. The holy grail of getting into women’s pants. Girls will to crazy shit to you just to have a pair of your shorts. Hopefully you get stationed in California.

What I’m trying to say is by this time, either this girl will now be on the back burner or you will. Or you marry the broad to get out of the barracks then she leaves you and takes half your shit. (Don’t get married, boot.)

And if you actually want to deploy your chances are pretty slim as a boot 0321.

;-(

[quote]ChicagoLad wrote:
What if I fail? I’ve never failed at anything before. [/quote]

Look, this is life. You are going to fail at something, eventually.

People tend to learn better from their mistakes than their success.

What if you fail? You pick yourself up, brush yourself off, honestly evaluate why you failed (ie: don’t fucking blame other people), evaluate how you’ll do better next time and move forward.

Failing isn’t the problem, nor is it a bad thing. It’s how you react to failure that determines what kind of person you are and how successful you’ll be over time. If you lay down, roll over and show your belly at the first sign of hardship, you’re a bitch. If you get back up and keep fighting, keep trying, and keep working on improving, you’ll be fine in the long run.

That isn’t to say that sometimes retreat isn’t the best strategy. Sometimes it is. Don’t make every battle the one the wins or loses the war.

1. this chick is using you for emotional support dangling the possibility of a romantic relationship to keep you on the hook.

2. any girl that seems too good to be true, especially over a controlled medium such as texting or e-mail almost most certainly isn’t what she seems, shes playing into what you want her to be while at the same time flirting with you to keep you interested as a source of attention.

3. she seems incredibly insecure and has probably carefully calculated and developed this intelligent down to earth personality to disguise her shallow selfish motivations using people for support and affirmation while offering nothing real in return except just the bare minimum so that she can continue to get what she wants.

im sorry, but any chick that seems well adjusted, intelligent, down to earth, and funny is playing your ass and laughing all the way to the emotional bank, how many dudes you know that do the same thing to chicks? play the ‘all american great guy’ and laugh with you while playing their desperate angry voicemails on speaker after they banged her a couple times and dropped her

anyone that doesnt reveal their FLAWS to you doesnt really care about you or want to connect with you, being depressed or sad over breakups or a death in the family isnt a flaw, its an emotional ploy for attention and pity, trust me, you stop talking to this girl and shell just keep blowing you up with new and different ‘tragedies’ in her life to get you to keep giving her attention,

bail and if she hits you up respond, but dont buy into it like before, shes using you, shes seems fake, insecure, and conceited.