Gimme a Effin Break Lady

Regardless of the inappropriate abuse of power, I’m chuckling at the actual content of this bozo’s note:

[quote]“It’s Chris … that ugly bald Stickney cop who gave you that ticket.”

“I know this may seem crazy and you’re probably right, but truth is I have not stopped thinking about you since,” it continues. “I don’t expect a girl as attractive as you to … even go for a guy like me, but I’m taking a shot anyways.”

The note goes on to say he would understand if Paredes did not get in touch.

“But hey,” it continues apologetically, “I did cost you $132 ? least I can do is buy you dinner.”
[/quote]
This guy seems to have the charm and confidence to get any lady he wants!

Seriously, this cop seems like the clueless guy who would start a thread in SAMA and say:
“OMG I totally fell on love with this girl at first sight. We met under odd circumstances (I’ll tell the whole story later, LOL!) but I ended up looking up her address, waiting at her apartment, and putting a note on her car to ask her out after I waited for hours and didn’t see her. I’m pretty sure my note was charming and smoooth. But now she’s suing me! WTF!! FML!! LOL!! What’s wrong with her? Help me out, T-Nation, Should I keep asking her out???”

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
Guys, the difference between “creepy” and “romantic” is just like in the Tom Brady skit. Be attractive. Be good looking. Don’t be unattractive.

If she likes you, it’s not “creepy”. End of story.[/quote]

Eh, while a generally agree with this, I think the surprising a lady by showing up at her house and leaving a note thing would come off sketchy even if the cop was attractive.

With that said, no I don’t think the lady should be suing him for serious money or anything like that. I haven’t seen any specifics of the lawsuit, so I’m not sure exactly what she’s claiming/demanding. It was a poor move on his part and he deserves some kind of reprimand for it, but she definitely has no reason to claim any serious damages.

But hey, it’s Merica, so I wouldn’t be surprised if she made it into a big deal to try for some easy money. If she pulls any bullshit and turns this into the another case of abusing the legal system for money-whoring, then I absolutely hope it goes nowhere and she ends up blowing the attorney’s fees for nothing.

Guys, the difference between “creepy” and “romantic” is just like in the Tom Brady skit. Be attractive. Be good looking. Don’t be unattractive.

Lol

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
as usual, interesting topic BG. not sure what side of this I fall on, was it inappropriate and unprofessional, ya, maybe, lawsuit? come on, really?[/quote]

yes, yes and no.

you “get it”.

btw is that really a picture of the woman?? i’d maybe risk my job for someone that looked like your wife :slight_smile: but not that cow LOL.[/quote]

lol, good point, and thanks.

[quote]Ulty wrote:
Regardless of the inappropriate abuse of power, I’m chuckling at the actual content of this bozo’s note:

[quote]“It’s Chris … that ugly bald Stickney cop who gave you that ticket.”

“I know this may seem crazy and you’re probably right, but truth is I have not stopped thinking about you since,” it continues. “I don’t expect a girl as attractive as you to … even go for a guy like me, but I’m taking a shot anyways.”

The note goes on to say he would understand if Paredes did not get in touch.

“But hey,” it continues apologetically, “I did cost you $132 ? least I can do is buy you dinner.”
[/quote]
This guy seems to have the charm and confidence to get any lady he wants!

Seriously, this cop seems like the clueless guy who would start a thread in SAMA and say:
“OMG I totally fell on love with this girl at first sight. We met under odd circumstances (I’ll tell the whole story later, LOL!) but I ended up looking up her address, waiting at her apartment, and putting a note on her car to ask her out after I waited for hours and didn’t see her. I’m pretty sure my note was charming and smoooth. But now she’s suing me! WTF!! FML!! LOL!! What’s wrong with her? Help me out, T-Nation, Should I keep asking her out???”
[/quote]

You sir definitely have the pulse of the SAMA forum.

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

Eh, while a generally agree with this, I think the surprising a lady by showing up at her house and leaving a note thing would come off sketchy even if the cop was attractive.

With that said, no I don’t think the lady should be suing him for serious money or anything like that. I haven’t seen any specifics of the lawsuit, so I’m not sure exactly what she’s claiming/demanding. It was a poor move on his part and he deserves some kind of reprimand for it, but she definitely has no reason to claim any serious damages.

But hey, it’s Merica, so I wouldn’t be surprised if she made it into a big deal to try for some easy money. If she pulls any bullshit and turns this into the another case of abusing the legal system for money-whoring, then I absolutely hope it goes nowhere and she ends up blowing the attorney’s fees for nothing.[/quote]

Do you think is she was interested this happens regardless of how he came to get her address? What if she got the note and remembered that smokin’ hot cop that wrote her a ticket? Think she sues?

I’m telling you man; don’t be unattractive (to her). That’s the moral of the story.

And yes, ultimately he was wrong. But my point is that you can be wrong if you’re attractive.

And the larger point was (which you agreed with) this is not lawsuit worthy. This is complain to his superiors worthy - not get an attorney and ask for money worthy.

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

She sounds hot though. I like her name. I might look her up and send her a brief note.
[/quote]

How right you were BG
http://shavedlongcock.blogspot.com/2012/01/lawsuit-cop-issues-ticket-asks-illegal.html
[/quote]

She wants money back for getting a ticket and emotional distress compensation for being upset about getting a ticket. That’s all.

Do you think is she was interested this happens regardless of how he came to get her address? What if she got the note and remembered that smokin’ hot cop that wrote her a ticket? Think she sues?

I’m telling you man; don’t be unattractive (to her). That’s the moral of the story.

And yes, ultimately he was wrong. But my point is that you can be wrong if you’re attractive.[/quote]

Fair enough. I was initially thinking that it might be too weird to overlook, but on second thought I’ve seen guys get away with outright violence because of being attractive.

I still can’t get over how grim she is. I thought the dude was trying to bang out some South American supermodel at first based on the name and his description haha. Maybe he was wearing some of those beer goggles that cops get for DARE?

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

And yes, ultimately he was wrong. But my point is that you can be wrong if you’re attractive.[/quote]

Fair enough. I was initially thinking that it might be too weird to overlook, but on second thought I’ve seen guys get away with outright violence because of being attractive.

I still can’t get over how grim she is. I thought the dude was trying to bang out some South American supermodel at first based on the name and his description haha. Maybe he was wearing some of those beer goggles that cops get for DARE?[/quote]

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

I still can’t get over how grim she is. I thought the dude was trying to bang out some South American supermodel at first based on the name and his description haha. Maybe he was wearing some of those beer goggles that cops get for DARE?[/quote]
[/quote]

Touche, sir, touche

I find it very, very, very unsettling that someone who is not ok with a police officer getting her private information and acting on it is called an “ugly, illegal beaner”.

No, he fucked up. Little shame in getting your dick in the way of your thinking when you are 27 but there is lots of shame when you imply that she should be glad that she is getting some attention even from a misguided loser who cannot deal with the little authority he has.

I am putting forward that you can be as unattractive and as Mexican as you want to be and still have the right to determine who to associate with.

[quote]Ulty wrote:
[/quote]

That’s gold

The lesson to be taken from this… life sucks when you’re ugly.

[quote]orion wrote:
I am putting forward that you can be as unattractive and as Mexican as you want to be and still have the right to determine who to associate with.[/quote]

False.

…just kidding. I agree with you there. But I think that’s completely beside the point. Yeah, the headline was some crass shit, but it doesn’t have much of anything to with the facts of the situation.

Nobody is really saying that she should be forced to date a cop. I’ve only seen people say that:

a) She shouldn’t be filing a lawsuit over this

and b) she doesn’t seem attractive enough to merit some crazy, semi-stalkery, job-risking date request anyway

Yeah, I agree that the “illegal beaner” line is going too far, but I think that’s just random assholery on the part of the reporter rather than something relevant. If that slur was omitted from the headline, I don’t think anything substantive would really change.

[quote]Ulty wrote:
[/quote]

LOL

This cop already has proven to be a total creeper… he should have just followed her the next day and “randomly” ran into her when she was in starbucks or something. He could have acted surprised to see her, apologize for the ticket and asked her out then without facing a lawsuit.

creeper and a dummy bird.

[quote]gregron wrote:
The lesson to be taken from this… life sucks when you’re ugly unless you get the opportunity to nickel and dime other ugly people in court[/quote]

Fixed.

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
The lesson to be taken from this… life sucks when you’re ugly unless you get the opportunity to nickel and dime other ugly people in court[/quote]

Fixed.[/quote]

still sucks for that guy cause now he’s got a lawsuit on his hands.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

Fixed.[/quote]

still sucks for that guy cause now he’s got a lawsuit on his hands.[/quote]

This is true… he’s not one of the lucky ones.

Also I feel like this is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Even if the dude really was just a stupid but decent guy and the woman is full of shit about how the letter caused her to “suffer great fear and anxiety”, he’ll probably actually want to harm her after she drags him into court and shits on his name like this.

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

LOL my thoughts exactly. With a name like that, and his dumb ass plan, I pictured a different woman altogether. “you’re out of my league…” lmfao. I wonder what HE looked like!