Gift for Seperated Wife?

Ladies,

I need help. My wife and I have been living apart for four months. During that time we start to reconcile, then it goes south. We have three children. Right now we are getting along well. WHAT DO I DO ABOUT CHRISTMAS?

I have not gottten her a gift because at one point we were not talking. Now I am afraid that if I don t get something special she will be hurt. If I get her something real nice she may think I am trying to buy her back. So on and so on… I have no idea what to do

Get a big photo album and title it “Good Times.” Put a bunch of family pictures and pictures of her and you as a couple in it. Put a few poems or nice quotes with the pictures.

Then get the smallest photo book you can find. Title it “Bad Times.” Put pictures of you all alone in it.

Give her the set.

Rather than worry about what she’ll think or whether she’ll be hurt, consider why you want to buy here something.

As an aside, who fucked up? Why are you separated? If she fucked up, in my book she deserves nothing. If you fucked up, then my guess is you ARE trying to buy her back.

Buy her an apartment locator guide.

Needle and Thread?

Buy her a diet book, a jump rope, and some dumbbells.

I love buying girls workout equipment.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Get a big photo album and title it “Good Times.” Put a bunch of family pictures and pictures of her and you as a couple in it. Put a few poems or nice quotes with the pictures.

Then get the smallest photo book you can find. Title it “Bad Times.” Put pictures of you all alone in it.

Give her the set.
[/quote]

I have got to say this is one of the best ideas I’ve ever heard. Sounds like a man who’s been there. Brovo Bro, good advice.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Buy her an apartment locator guide.[/quote]

Daaaaayum…

Now that’s cold.

Get her something decent as a gesture of goodwill and then mention you got it at a great price. Then maybe she’ll realize you care but didn’t go too nuts? I dunno.

Squats and milk!

I like the photo album idea, but instead of photos of the kids and shit put photos of you in there with other women. All of them should have captions that read “This could have been you”.

Or just get a gift card to somewhere. Tells her you care, but not really that much.

[quote]BRD421 wrote:
Ladies,

I need help. My wife and I have been living apart for four months. During that time we start to reconcile, then it goes south. We have three children. Right now we are getting along well. WHAT DO I DO ABOUT CHRISTMAS?

I have not gottten her a gift because at one point we were not talking. Now I am afraid that if I don t get something special she will be hurt. If I get her something real nice she may think I am trying to buy her back. So on and so on… I have no idea what to do[/quote]

Dude,

Confirm this with some women you know…

Ladies go CRAZY for Tiffany & Co.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
I like the photo album idea, but instead of photos of the kids and shit put photos of you in there with other women. All of them should have captions that read “This could have been you”.[/quote]

I guess that depends on whether he wants to mend the relationship or put an end to it. His three kids have me hoping for the first option.

[quote]assbuster wrote:
pookie wrote:

Give her the set.

I have got to say this is one of the best ideas I’ve ever heard. Sounds like a man who’s been there. Brovo Bro, good advice.[/quote]

I agree. Good stuff, Pookie.

To the OP: if you don’t want to hurt her, then I guess you still want her back, right? Whatever you give her, make it meaningful. She has to know that she’s still worth it to you.

If she ends up thinking that you’re trying to buy her back, then you’ll know that the marriage isn’t meant to be. That closure should make a nice gift for yourself, yes?

[quote]dude-dilly squat wrote:
Buy her a diet book, a jump rope, and some dumbbells.

I love buying girls workout equipment.
[/quote]

But don’t give them HOT-ROX. I did that last Xmas… it did not go down well.

Last year I got my ex a Black Widow…

Nothing more than a card. The only other option is to get some sexy lingerie, and inside put a card that seems to someone else, "Porche, (whoever), meeting you was the highlight of my year. I saw these and thought how great they would look on you.

All kidding aside, a card would suffice.

Agree with the others above. The idea Pookie just came up with was about the smartest, most thoughtful thing you could do in that situation. If you are looking to get back together, do that.

Pookie, bravo indeed. You could write a book with ideas like that. Good stuff.

Kubo

[quote]pookie wrote:

Give her the set.
[/quote]

This idea is an absolute winner. You should definitely do this…it is completely thoughtful and from the heart. She will melt.

I can’t believe this hasn’t been said yet:

HERPES! The gift that keeps giving.

DB