Just. Don't. Suck (Part 1)

I think that’s a pretty fair comparison of double as normal. I just got back into gym after 6 months of nothing but bw and KB from COVID and am definitely easily back to 100k cleans and assume 200k deads. But after 1 month would be 120k but not 240 I don’t think.

But even the cleans are slow lol

I like the idea of light snatch to clean to deadlift. Leave squat for another day lol. Right now doing it (including upper) on single days bc I’m so weak it will take me a month or two to get to enough weight to cause myself issues.

Home Gym Update

Well, I started thinking about the best use of my money and even if I can save $5k in the next five to six months, I don’t think I want to spend it on a gym.

I had that thought this weekend and then found this.

$400 and it’s now sitting in my driveway. I didn’t get the sweet weights; just the rack.

It has everything but a pull up bar but that’s not a big deal. $400 is probably a better choice when compared to $5k.

The only downside is that I’m struggling to get it apart so I can get it in the house. The posts seem to be stuck to the top and bottom pieces. I sprayed them with WD 40 and they’ll have to sit until I get off work tomorrow. It’s too late to be banging with a hammer.

12 Likes

PB Blaster and a rubber mallet. The paint fuses over time sometimes.

2 Likes

Gotcha. I’d thought it has stayed in place since the surgery. You’re right, the soft tissue probably adjusted to the different position.

Heck YES, congrats on your sweet find!! Like @hardartery said, PB Blaster (if the WD40 doesn’t work) and a rubber mallet and/or a 2x4 placed against the posts to absorb the hammer/mallet impact while transferring it to the metal.

1 Like

That is a steal and a much better use of your hard earned coin mate.

3 Likes

Outstanding!

Pullups from the smith bar at the high setting?

2 Likes

You’re going to love that rack.

Olympic rings on shortened straps from the top crossbar? As long as the unstable rings don’t injure your shoulder.

1 Like

Rack chins

3 Likes

@TrainForPain @TriednTrue @T3hPwnisher

I was just thinking of grabbing the top of the rack. It’s taller. I already have to hold my feet up with my current setup. Using the bar might put my knees on the ground.

I don’t have any rings, but I have an awesome nine foot tall swing set in the back yard. I could get some rings on adjustable straps and throw them on that thing. My daughter would love it, too.

5 Likes

9.14.20 C1 W1 D2 - Incline

Work Gym

PULL UPS
BW x 10, 10 , 5+3+2
I don’t know what I’m doing, but suddenly pull ups are hard.
INCLINE
bar x 10
135 x 5
150 x 5 x 5
WIDE CABLE ROW
170 x 10 x 3 sets

OHP
120 x 5 x 3 sets
LAT PULL DOWN
170 x 10, 8+2, 8+2

Shoulder Finisher

SMITH OHP 1.5s
85 x 15, 13
CABLE LAT RAISE
20 x 12, 15
CABLE REV FLY
20 x 12, 15

OH ROPE EXT 21s
100 x 10F/10T/8B
80 x 10F/6T/0B

Time: 47ish minutes

5 Likes

I kept 4 kids occupied for over 3 hours with a single Olympic ring looped over a tree in the garden a few weeks ago. Your kids will love it.

3 Likes

That shoulder finisher looks great. Might have to try that sometime.

1 Like

I’m not sure which one is better - the one I did today or the one I was doing last week. Today’s is shorter so that’s a win. Last week’s was lateral raises, front raises, reverse fly’s, and OHP in that order. It’s a burner.

1 Like

9.15.20 & 9.16.20

I finally got the new rack into the basement. I had to disassemble it more than I’d hoped and I found some hidden bolts that were giving me grief.

I worked from 1000 to 0145 yesterday. I got up at 0700 today and I’m back at work now. There will be no training today. If I have any energy tonight then I’ll start reassembling the rack and cables.

Working didn’t wear me out; standing did. We had an idiot who didn’t want to go to jail and said he’d shoot police if they moved in. It turned into a SWAT call and I stood on the perimeter keeping people out of the line of fire for seven hours.

2 Likes

You guys are really the most patient human beings on the planet. It bugs me to see folks on tv, who have no understanding of the job or what you do, try to make up hyperbolic statements like you’re occupying soldiers. Let me tell you how long a “standoff” lasted when I was an occupying soldier and someone was in my way…

1 Like

It was brutal. We had to clear out one whole apartment building which was about 12 units along with parts of two others. This one a-hole ran his mouth off an on all night while putting all those people out. And why? Because he’s a selfish, entitled jerk.

They finally shot some gas into the apartment and he came out immediately. It turned out that he wasn’t such a tough guy. He spent all night saying he was going to shoot us or fight us or that he was going to die right there. A little respiratory discomfort and he quit. If I was in charge we would’ve done that as soon as the SWAT team arrived and set up.

It’s sad how the same type of people are the ones who like to tell us that we’re nothing without the badge. They’re also the same people who fight, shoot, and kill at the slightest insult. They think that’s tough. You know what’s really tough? Not choking the life out of someone when they scream in your face. Standing there and taking the verbal abuse and not reacting. Absorbing it all and showing no emotion. Tough people restrain themselves when everything inside them wants to lash out. The ones tho lash out are the weak ones.

One of my wife’s students was shot and killed Sunday night. I don’t even think he was involved in the events that led up to the shooting. Two guys shot into his house because they had a beef with someone in the house via Snapchat. Real tough guys.

6 Likes

I totally agree with all that.

I’m really sorry to hear that. The world is so violent it’s insane. I don’t know if it’s changed or if we just have more access to be aware of it. I remember how easy it was to turn pretty animalistic and embrace doing terrible things without thought, and don’t understand why we seem to be going out of our way to create the culture here.

1 Like