Just. Don't. Suck (Part 1)

And I’m assuming everything stayed in place?!? That’s gotta be satisfying being able to fed past the bicep tendon hurdle. Way to go

2 Likes

Nice!

7 Likes

Woke at 211.2 lbs. I’m going to go to my supplement store and use their In Body scanner. I know it’s not going to be super accurate but I want to try it out. It’s free.

After that it’s off to the Y. I’m going to do my pull workout today instead of waiting til tomorrow. I’m going to try to keep today and tomorrow as lower calorie/carb days, too. My wife made banana bread this morning so that might be tough.

2 Likes

That kinda stuff sounds fun. It’ll be aways away but looking forward to having a family of my own someday.

2 Likes

Been married 11 years and it’s been great. My wife and I met in college in our Exercise Science classes. We’re not polar opposites, but we’re quite different.

She’s scatter brained and artistic. I’m super organized and need things to always be in their place. She runs marathons and 50ks and I lift weights. I hate running and she hates lifting. We make a pretty good all around couple and she definitely balances me out.

8 Likes

Pull

Once again, I strayed from the workout today and loved every minute of it.

Warm Up
Jogged 6 laps on the super small track (11 laps = 1 mile. I was close to an 8:30 pace and didn’t feel awful. Followed that with some dynamic movements to loosen up.

Triplet 21-15-9
DB Swings 50 lbs
Wide DB Row 50 lbs
Lying Leg Raise + Pulse Up

Couplet 21-15-9
Hammer Strength Pull Down 70 lbs
24" Box Jump Step Overs

Superset
WENDLER ROW
100 x 15 + 30 sec stretch
115 x 15 + 30 sec stretch

SA CABLE HAMMER CURL
50 x 10
30 x 10F/10T/10B

I also did a good portion of my rehab at the gym. I feam great!

Also, I did the In Body scan and body fat was 12.2%. Not too shabby. They gave me a printout and it’ll track my progress and show me comparisons each time I do it.

4 Likes

Well, this does not bode well…

2 Likes

If you look closely, you’ll see that this style of training is more like the HIIB I’ll be doing for the challenge. I’m just dabbling in it for now.

3 Likes

Woke at 210.8 lbs. I failed miserably at keeping carbs down but came really close to hitting my calorie goal. I trained yesterday so I’m not too upset about it.

1 Like

Careful, you might build giant puffy useless bodybuilder muscles!

2 Likes

Winning!

Workouts look good, I think this setup will suit you well.

1 Like

I’m going to build CrossFit muscles…whatever those are.

If I pick the right intensity, sets, etc then I love these sessions. Last year I was biting off more than I could chew. The workouts were too hard. I’d feel sick and/or have to stop early. Both of those definitely leave a bad taste in my mouth about training. Hopefully the HIIB sessions are manageable. I’ll definitely scale the weights if I even think I’m going to struggle.

For long term adherence, I’d rather leave a little on the table than run myself into the ground. I’ll never walk away thinking “That was easy” but I might think “I could’ve worked harder.”

1 Like

This is really profound, but, for some reason, so hard to remember.

3 Likes

Execution is tough, too!

1 Like

Exercise

I channeled my inner @flappinit and went for a jog at noon in 90+ weather.

2.03 miles in 18:50

I stopped to cross the street around 6:30 and 13:10. I also stopped around 10:06 at the turnaround point because I wanted to. I hate running. It took a lot for me to not stop on the final stretch of about 6 minutes.

2 Likes

Woke at 211.2 lbs. I nailed my nutrition yesterday. I was a little under on fat and over on protein but hit my carbs and total calories.

Today is a high calorie/high carb day. I had 1 cup of oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder plus a bagel for breakfast. That was around 6:15 and I’m already hungry (8:28). I hate my stomach. A 700+ calorie breakfast ought to last longer than two hours.

My knees are cranky and my hip flexors are sore from yesterday’s slog. I might need to sprinkle in multiple 1 mile runs for awhile to let my joints and tissues adjust. I actually thought about going further yesterday but convinced myself to turn around because it was the first day. No sense in doing more if it means doing less later in the week.

1 Like

Justice!!!

I don’t get to see true justice in my line of work very often. It’s quite disappointing. I’m reading through the daily bulletin that gives brief summaries of certain cases. It’s what we release to the media - felonies, warrants, deaths, etc. This one made me smile.

Suspect entered a business with a handgun and threatened to kill a guy. He leaves the gun inside and goes outside. He threatens to kill another guy and reaches for his waistband. The other guy proceeds to beat him up. Suspect is transported to the hospital and admitted for his injuries. A pick-up for his felony charges was issued (like a warrant, but not signed by a judge) and he will be arrested once he’s released.

:laughing:

7 Likes

One of the strongman programs that I’m thinking about giving a ride once I’m all healed up said something very similar:
“REMEMBER Training is about slow steady progress. Stressing the body a little more
than it is used to while still leaving enough in the tank that it will recover and be ready
to be strong in the next workout. Always leave the gym being able to say “I could’ve
done a little bit more”.”

4 Likes

especially when you get the chair… rough way to go out!

2 Likes

Yeah, put a smile on my face too :laughing:

2 Likes